19richie66

New GT14 project

19richie66

Yeah but I want the gt14 look. I have all the rear fender parts and stuff. I’ll cut one if I have to. I have an extra grille, fender set and dash tower in NC I’m grabbing when I go up there at the end of the month. Then I can get the whole thing mocked up while I’m waiting on the house  to get done. 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

WHX24

Some news here Ritchie .... looked for that oil cooler but can't find it ...packed away in a box I'm sure. All my Harley crap up in the shop attic when I took up the :wh:  addiction. Will continue to scout for it when I get a RJ 35, 702 and a 400 out of my way! 

Not sure if this type of oil cooler would work anyway. It has barb connections for low pressure 3/8's rubber lines and not sure if that would hold up to the pressures you are working with?  Would have to be on on a low pressure return to sump?? I do like the idea of a cooler as BMS suggested. A few of the late model Cases I had the misfortune of having to work on had hydro coolers other than a fan.

• Like 1

pullstart
47 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

The grill from a 953/1054 is the same size as a GT-14 and has an open front.

I was wondering about that...  good to know!

pullstart

Great work Richie!  The water neck clears the hood too?  What is the radiator out of again?   Seems I recall a Goldwing maybe?

ZXT

Would a power steering cooler off of a car work? I've seen them with threaded connections, though most just have hose barbs. They're typically pretty compact and may work well for this type of application. 

Too bad the Goldwing radiator doesn't have a transmission oil cooler!

19richie66

Yes it’s a 1984 goldwing 1200 radiator. I have found the aluminum version on ebay but its about $200. So this should get me going and if it works well, then I can upgrade later. As far as a cooler goes. I’ll figure something out. I appreciate the offer @WHX24 Jim. Haven’t gotten that far yet. Still have to get the rear set up but can’t do that till I can get to my parts in storage. @pullstart yes the water neck and radiator cap both clear the underside of the hood. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

pullstart

Awesome!

• Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

That is looking nice for sure Richie!  I can’t  wait to hear that thing running...

• Thanks 2

Cvans

You do nice work! It's fun watching your progress and brings back good memories. Thanks for sharing with us. 

• Thanks 1

19richie66

Thank you @pullstart @Cvans I try. @PeacemakerJack I hope to get it fired up soon. I have a couple things coming up with the move that will be taking up my time but will try to knock out some more. With Lil’ Red in the trailer now, it’s hard to keep my mind on this. :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

things coming up with the move that will be taking up my time but will try to knock out some more. With Lil’ Red in the trailer now, it’s hard to keep my mind on this

Nothing wrong with working back and forth a little between projects.

It probably would be handy to have Lil Red up and running right and reliable in case you need it at your new property.

That said, don't be dawdling too much or you'll have @Stormin Norm after you. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19richie66
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

That said, don't be dawdling too much or you'll have @Stormin Norm after you. :lol:

Well @Stormin has a friend that has two of these articulating tractors. I need to contact him anyways. :handgestures-thumbupright: No dilly dallying around here..... :laughing-rolling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

pullstart

Just gotta fix that door latch and get a stronger wind screen Richie, then Lil’ Red looks good as new!

• Like 2

Stormin
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

Well @Stormin has a friend that has two of these articulating tractors. I need to contact him anyways. :handgestures-thumbupright: No dilly dallying around here..... :laughing-rolling:

Chris Sutton is the man you want to speak too. Or harryt. Don't know if Harry is on here, but he's on myoldmachine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@19richie66 If the Lil Red wagon is bothering you too much , you can take a drive and drop it off at my house. I'll take good care of it and have the proper WH decals made for it.

• Haha 3

19richie66
46 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@19richie66 If the Lil Red wagon is bothering you too much , you can take a drive and drop it off at my house. I'll take good care of it and have the proper WH decals made for it.

You’re so funny Jim :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 2

pfrederi

Too bad you are so far away.  i just took the open nose off my GT-14 and put in a solid front.

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

19richie66
18 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Too bad you are so far away.  i just took the open nose off my GT-14 and put in a solid front.

I have one coming to me this week. It’s all good Paul. I appreciate the thought.:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

JoeM

Man you keep this up Rich you will have you own doc-u-drama tractor build show! 

That is such a cool idea and machine concept!

Nice work! 

• Thanks 1

19richie66

Thanks Joe! :laughing-rolling:

Tractorhead

How about a intercooler?

To be honest, i don‘t know how much temp the oil in a Tranny can reach, but if it‘s below 85-90 deg C 

i would thinking for a Plate water Cooler, to use the Watercooling system additionally to keep the oil within this Temperatures.

i think on a system like this...

862A36AD-09EE-4889-9945-494BFCE877C5.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lee1977

Got any more done on the tractor or are you moving everything up to NC.  I know you said the move would be in Feburary. 

19richie66

Haven’t been able to do much. I have to bring back some parts from NC in two weeks. Hope to get some stuff done but since I got Lil Red, I have been trying to figure out some things with it. The move is dragging as we are still waiting on two permits but things are moving. Just slowly. Looking like mid April now

• Like 5