BHunter

New project for my students

Pullstart
22 hours ago, rjg854 said:

The kids did a beautiful job. :text-bravo:

Wow, :text-yeahthat:  They have learned from some teacher, Mr. Hunter!  Awesome stuff!

rjg854

It'll be great to see this tractor all together and to find out the reaction of the students if and when they get to drive it.  

:auto-layrubber:

BHunter
4 hours ago, kpinnc said:

I am blown away that kids in today's generation had a hand in this. WELL DONE SIR!!!

From my experience- the only "engine" they recognize is the one that finds stuff online for them, and "transmission" has something to do with COVID...

Thank you. 
You are right about the “enigine and transmission “ stuff. Lol. Many of the new kids in my class had no idea what they were getting into when they signed up for

my class. They just thought the pictures of the projects we do looked cool. 
They now learned that it is very hard work to take something from rust to shine . They also learned that it is very rewarding to sit back and look at the results of their hard work. 
They painted many practice fenders before they were ready to spray the horse parts. 
Their practice paid off. It turned out pretty good for 9th and 10th graders who never touched a spray gun until this year. 

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

BHunter
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

Wow, :text-yeahthat:  They have learned from some teacher, Mr. Hunter!  Awesome stuff!

Thanks Kevin. I appreciate it. 

• Like 2

BHunter
35 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

It'll be great to see this tractor all together and to find out the reaction of the students if and when they get to drive it.  

:auto-layrubber:

Very Soon. We just bolted the seat on today. I need a throttle cable now. 

• Like 1

8ntruck

Looking good.  Is that spray booth in the school?

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:wondering the same thing my self.... any chance for open enrollment? :lol:

• Haha 1

BHunter
2 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Looking good.  Is that spray booth in the school?

Yes it is. 

BHunter
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

:text-yeahthat:wondering the same thing my self.... any chance for open enrollment? :lol:

Some tech schools have adult classes at night. I taught one for 9 yrs. everyone brought their own projects in and I taught them how to fix/Restore them. We had a great time. 

• Like 1

kpinnc
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

I think you just inherited project tractors for the forseeable future!

• Haha 1

Handy Don
14 hours ago, BHunter said:

Very Soon. We just bolted the seat on today. I need a throttle cable now. 

Seemingly simple, but just working through the concept that the tractor needs all the pieces to work and that thought has to be given to getting them together in a timely way to succeed is a valuable lesson in itself!  Nice going.

• Thanks 1

WHX??

Wow!...  Thanks alot Bob Now I am going to have to have more kids just to send them to your school! :handgestures-thumbupright::)

• Haha 5

BHunter
46 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Wow!...  Thanks alot Bob Now I am going to have to have more kids just to send them to your school! :handgestures-thumbupright::)

Haha. Yep. Send some kids here . 

Maxwell-8

That just looks bad ass!   blackhood with black/red rims :greetings-clapyellow:

BHunter
39 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

That just looks bad ass!   blackhood with black/red rims :greetings-clapyellow:

Thank you. I was wondering if people would like it. I wanted it to be different than the normal. The kids really like the look of them

Handy Don

It'll be a few years from now that those students will "get" that they got more from your class than just a restored piece of machinery.  Thank you for paying it forward.

• Excellent 2

WHX??

Dumb question Bob do you tell your kids thers this website where a bunch of grown men drool on litte red tractors? 

• Haha 4

Tractorhead

The Colorscheme of the Rims looks Rat Sharp👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BHunter
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

Dumb question Bob do you tell your kids thers this website where a bunch of grown men drool on litte red tractors? 

:lol: I haven’t yet. I plan on showing Redsquare to the class after we post the final picture. I want them see the nice comments they received from all their hard work. Maybe some of them will become wheel horse owners in the future. It’s a great hobby to get involved with. 

• Excellent 5
  • Heart 1

BHunter
3 hours ago, Handy Don said:

It'll be a few years from now that those students will "get" that they got more from your class than just a restored piece of machinery.  Thank you for paying it forward.

Thank you. I enjoy passing my knowledge onto others. 
I’m sure some of them will make sense out of what they were involved with here. 
Ive had many former students come back to visit and thank me and others come back and apologize for being too immature. I like when they show me projects they they are building now because of the passion they developed while taking my class. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

Pullstart

So cool Bob!  I’m another :text-+1: for the wheel scheme!  It looks mean and ready to go turn a garden or plow a driveway!  

• Like 1

BHunter
13 hours ago, pullstart said:

So cool Bob!  I’m another :text-+1: for the wheel scheme!  It looks mean and ready to go turn a garden or plow a driveway!  

Thank you. Glad you like the wheels. My old hot wheels cars inspired the red on the wheels. Sort of like how they had red line tires back in the day. 
It has plenty of power to push some snow or turn a garden and look great pulling a wagon in a Forth of July parade. 

• Excellent 2

WHX??

Nailed it Bob... more than happy to be a small part of it. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

BHunter
13 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Nailed it Bob... more than happy to be a small part of it. 

Thanks Jim. 
I am happy you had a part in it too. We are grateful for your generosity with the throttle parts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1