The Tuul Crib

Putting red aside for now..... maybe?

The Tuul Crib

This morning I did my routine Sunday and came in the back door of my kitchen only to find my Pella door it is completely rotted out from moisture. This really set the wheels in motion forA complete overhaul of my home which I built 20 years ago. So I have decided to start the process of building a new kitchen cabinets and two bathroom vanities.  I'm planning on retiring in five years and I surely don't want to do this when I'm retired. That is what my tractor collection is for. So today I decided to clean out the shop and put all my red parts and collection away for now and turn my shop back into a woodshop. I only hope 

this all doesnt take too long !!

26D818E7-381C-4229-8217-B45EBBBE6547.jpeg

E3C4560B-A1AE-4E30-8D8C-26696C354475.jpeg

B765B562-BFBB-4857-BF23-0704DD66799A.jpeg

Edited by The Tool Crib
  • Like 8
  • Sad 3

Pullstart

Where did you shun the herd to?

• Haha 1

ebinmaine

Keep us posted on your progress and take lots of pics as usual.

The Tuul Crib

Some of it went to the shed our back and the rest of it in another area of the basement . I will need alot  of room once

l start building pieces . Should be fun!

• Like 1

953 nut
8 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

building a new kitchen cabinets and two bathroom vanities.

It is amazing how much room a set of cabinets can take up while you are building them. As you go along please remember,  :wwp:

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib
30 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

It is amazing how much room a set of cabinets can take up while you are building them. As you go along please remember,  :wwp:

The foot print of the kitchen is 18 x23

and will have an island as well . They 

will stack up quick!

Edited by The Tool Crib
  • Like 1

peter lena

do you have a standing water issue close to the structure? adding a water drainage set up at the base of doors , or diversion helped me with a similar  problem. your shop looks like a nice set up , maybe a culvert stone drainage set up will help out. look up what others have done in similar areas, good luck , pete     

The Tuul Crib

Ya the back door was an issue over 

looked by the contractor 20 years ago.

There was alot off water water from

the heavy turd sinker rains we would 

sometimes get. Have since fixed the issue

but a bit too late. Im going to contact 

pella today and see what l can do to 

replace it. I will probably keep the door

and repair it somewhere done line.

oliver2-44

While large rotted area need to be replaced, I've found this product good for repairing small areas. 

The Tuul Crib
1 hour ago, oliver2-44 said:

While large rotted area need to be replaced, I've found this product good for repairing small areas. 

The rot  is on the bottom or the rail of the door.  I'm just going to see if I can get another slab door I just spoke with Pella

And they might be able to help me on the Warranty . 🤞

• Thanks 1

WHNJ701

when we moved to our new house I had to do the same packed up all the fun tractor projects and toys for a year or so.  redoing the house was fun and learned a lot along the way.  I am cheap so I did most of it myself.  I would much rather stick metal together than hang drywall.

hey maybe you can use these things whatever they are?

20191209_175016.jpg

• Haha 1

The Tuul Crib

That looks like an art project to me. I've had my share of cabinet building and  installation  so that won't be a problem. 

The hardest part will be looking at parts of my tractor collection and not being able to do anything with it . This will take sometime.

ZXT
2 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

That looks like an art project to me. I've had my share of cabinet building and  installation  so that won't be a problem. 

The hardest part will be looking at parts of my tractor collection and not being able to do anything with it . This will take sometime.

If you're anything like me, you'll be easily distracted and give into the temptation of working on your tractors!

Is the island existing? If it isn't and you plan on adding electrical to it, I can give you some pointers to save you some $$$ from using an electrician if you aren't familiar!

The Tuul Crib
2 minutes ago, ZXT said:

If you're anything like me, you'll be easily distracted and give into the temptation of working on your tractors!

Is the island existing? If it isn't and you plan on adding electrical to it, I can give you some pointers to save you some $$$ from using an electrician if you aren't familiar!

I'm planning on building an island in the center of the kitchen. I'm going to turn to spindles 4 in.² and split them in two and use them at all four corners. I have had my share of electrical and plumbing over the years so that should not be a big problem . 

As for my herd  it will be a challenge but this is something I have to do.

ZXT
3 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

I have had my share of electrical and plumbing over the years so that should not be a big problem . 

As for my herd  it will be a challenge but this is something I have to do.

Great! Electrical is what i do for a living.. I graduated college 6 months ago but haven't found what I want to do yet. 

As for your herd, you'll have to defect once in a while to keep your sanity! :lol:

The Tuul Crib
3 minutes ago, ZXT said:

Great! Electrical is what i do for a living.. I graduated college 6 months ago but haven't found what I want to do yet. 

As for your herd, you'll have to defect once in a while to keep your sanity! :lol:

Thanx brother ! 

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib
5 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

Thanx brother ! 

You wouldn't by chance be a carpenter to do with you. We're looking for someone at the bus shop!