:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cschannuth

Love that look. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JCM

Just something cool about the look of a WH tractor in the snow but not having to earn its keep anymore, almost like a been there done that its whole life hooked up to many different types of implements and attachments and now just out for a winter trail ride with its owner, by the way, nice rears.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

rjg854

Sounds like a good time.  Not much going on here either, not enough snow to do anything about, cold enough after working outside all week to have to do much outside. So just riding around gives you something to do for a while. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Herder

:woohoo:  Nice pics.

• Thanks 1

Retired Wrencher

Nice  657 Mike  but something  Is different  can`t make it out. LOL Nice conversion like the big fatties' on the back. 587515a8965bb_657upgrade002.thumb.jpg.5c144ce4ebe7c89a97b9040215482671.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

wallfish
17 hours ago, Sparky said:

don’t have any issues

HA! maybe not tractor issues.

Do you like that seat? I might have a RJ-Suburban type seat if ya want more WH look. Although they are cold on the a$$ if you don't cover them

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Sparky
17 minutes ago, wallfish said:

HA! maybe not tractor issues.

Do you like that seat? I might have a RJ-Suburban type seat if ya want more WH look. Although they are cold on the a$$ if you don't cover them

This seat is the BOMB! I definitely don’t want to swap it out. Super comfy with just a little back support. And of course the padding/material isn’t as cold as a steel seat.

If your nice (not likely) Ill let ya test it out at Zags this upcoming spring :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Pullstart

Nice snow pics @Sparky!  I’ve been thinking since the girl like snowmobiling so much, it would be fun to do a skis front end on one... maybe a bit overdriven?  @giddyap style!  

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 1

McGrew

Nice pics, Sparky!  What is that white stuff?  :unsure:  Danny

• Haha 1

Guest 88vic
17 hours ago, JCM said:

Just something cool about the look of a WH tractor in the snow but not having to earn its keep anymore, almost like a been there done that its whole life hooked up to many different types of implements and attachments and now just out for a winter trail ride with its owner, by the way, nice rears.

Its got the easy life in retirement so to say. But it aint afraid to show the younger ones whos BOSS.  

MikMacMike
19 hours ago, Sparky said:

No questions here, don’t have any issues :rolleyes:

Just bombing around the yard today on my modified 657...seemed like a nice opportunity to snap a couple pics. 

B524BC8E-3148-4592-8F14-97420620877C.jpeg

2F3279C2-4B42-42D8-A2E4-C2D8BB970F9E.jpeg

47F965B9-33D6-4BFE-B983-2E2122C5A409.jpeg

D737230B-E718-4B6E-813B-B7DA03026FF1.jpeg

What a gorgouse setup....Dang!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i'm curious ...in the background of the second picture i see a stacked stone wall , is that something recent or something from long ago?    i know they were popular in the new england area in the 1700's

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, 305 said:

i'm curious ...in the background of the second picture i see a stacked stone wall , is that something recent or something from long ago?    i know they were popular in the new england area in the 1700's

Not sure what @Sparky's got there in Connecticut but we've got one old one here on the left side of our property.

They began being built sometime in the mid to late 1600s in Massachusetts and continued to be constructed all over New England until the early 1900s. It was rare at that point.

There's a lot of really cool information about them online.

We have several here in the yard that we're hand-built by Trina and I.

I've lived here all my life and I didn't know until just a couple years ago that they were often NOT borders. They were just placed every 400 to 600 feet, parallel to each other, to get the stones out of the field.

Can't have enough stone walls on a property...

• Like 4

thanks for the info. we do not have them here in Minnesota , i've only seen pictures of them

i also found out the hard way a few years ago that walls and fences do not always indicate the true property line

wallfish

I've seen stone walls in the middle of nowhere constructed with some very large stones and long as the eye can see it seems. That was a lot of work to get them out of the fields by horse and brute force and then pile them. Some look like a work of art with straight flat sides and tops but most look like the one in Mike's pic. Hats off to those old timers who had to do it to survive.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Herder

Feeling inspired after the seeing the pics, so why not lets just go for a ride and take some photos.

IMG_1485.JPG

IMG_1484.JPG

IMG_1483.JPG

IMG_1482.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

Sparky
3 hours ago, 305 said:

That stone wall is fairly recent, meaning it was built 20 years ago by me. It’s far from perfect and that’s exactly the look I wanted :handgestures-thumbupright:

Same tractor and same wall without the snow.

290F8790-37CB-4F81-A777-0760B6D77A30.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Sparky
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Very true! I love the look of an old stone wall whether it’s there as a border or just for looks 

• Excellent 1

tom2p

I'm a zero wall guy ... like to look at them - but don't like the maintenance !

Edited by tom2p
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, tom2p said:

I'm a zero wall guy ... like to look at them - but don't like the maintenance !

Build a stone wall right and you'll never touch it again.

They settle some with the warm/cold of the seasons but rarely enough to be redone.

Burnerman

There’s stonewalls all over here. I find short( 50’) 3’ high walls in the middle of the woods and on top of the hills. Most were field borders but some are just markers I think. 

Edited by Burnerman

Retired Wrencher
18 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Not sure what @Sparky's got there in Connecticut but we've got one old one here on the left side of our property.

They began being built sometime in the mid to late 1600s in Massachusetts and continued to be constructed all over New England until the early 1900s. It was rare at that point.

There's a lot of really cool information about them online.

We have several here in the yard that we're hand-built by Trina and I.

I've lived here all my life and I didn't know until just a couple years ago that they were often NOT borders. They were just placed every 400 to 600 feet, parallel to each other, to get the stones out of the field.

Thanks Eric. Good point on the walls. They did not have any machinery in those days =1600`s. Just hard labor.