12Horse Paladin

He says 1971; Paper Says '70...Help Deciphering ID Tag

12Horse Paladin

So i have paper that says my new to me Bronco 14 Automatic was/is a 1970; PO (im the 3rd owner now) says it's a '71 from info they found.

Which is it; and which section of the forum downloads section holds this info, if i may ask (i am not good at navigating/using that section on this phone...)?

Ive added a pic, but i cant really make out that last number of the model #, way to the right...?

20191117_163159.jpg

ebinmaine

I'm kind of thinking that last number looks like a six.

Did the PO say specifically why they think it is a 1971?

12Horse Paladin
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I'm kind of thinking that last number looks like a six.

Did the PO say specifically why they think it is a 1971?

They said they did research,  though they didnt clarify beyond that....

I thought it looked like a six or eight, m'self...

AMC RULES

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

gwest_ca

The 6th digit is a 6 and not used except to determine the model year. 6-5=1=1971

You will find a 6th digit on attachments at the time also.

7=1972

8=1973

9=1974

Here is everything we have on the model 1-0420

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/search/?&q="1-0420"&type=downloads_file&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

Garry

• Like 2

953 nut

Here is the chart you were looking for, save it to your computer and you will always have it. Oh, by the way, 1971.

• Excellent 1

wildman
2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

I love cheat sheets 

• Like 1

Stepney

While the question has already been answered I just have to pitch in .. because there wasn't a Bronco 14 built in 1970:rolleyes: Just 71-2. 
I had a 1077 that the owner swore up and down was a '62.. 

• Like 1

12Horse Paladin

Thankyou all!

More info to go through😊

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• 12Horse Paladin
      By 12Horse Paladin
      Lots more to come...might have my hands full...but a coupla quick pics of the arrival..😊😁

Aaand...a suprise bonus...but there's only 3🤣

Also a bunch of original paper to go through...which i am, so i can run the thing proper.
      More later; y'all have a good night!😊

• 69-Raider-10
      By 69-Raider-10
      Just brought her home an hour ago! Ran it through the paces and everything checks out! Now shes coming in the shop to get a good tune up, the Bolens plow taken off and replaced, fluids change, some rewiring, a motor cleaning and a couple of new gaskets, and a good carb cleaning. And maybe some fuel lines. 😁 This is my first hydro so its taking some getting used too. LOVE the hydraulic lift though! Dont know how I lasted this long without one!

• sfjohnson722
      By sfjohnson722
      Greetings all, first post to this forum.
      I am in the process of getting my father's 1971 Bronco 14 (1 0421 6) up and running. After pulling the hydrogear for reworking, I noticed some lash between the rear wheels when on jackstands. I found one of the hubs to be badly worn, but also noticed there seems to be a clicking or ratcheting when turning one side at a time (whether the parking brake is on or off). The opposite wheel does turn in the opposite direction - it just does so with a click / ratchet feel. I was expecting something smoother like with an automobile differential. Is this normal? Should I plan to split the case, and if so what should I be looking for?
      Thanks in advance for any information!
    • redhorse71
      By redhorse71
      Hi Iam new to this forum and looking for help with our 1971 bronco 14 tractor model number 1-0421, this is my dad's tractor and Iam trying to help him with looking for answers or parts for it.
      the problem is the blades are not engaging and he thinks it has to do the the clutch? okie so the problem is where do i find a new clutch for this old model or? Do you think there is something else we should be looking for as to why the blades are not engaging. I have been looking online for parts but iam not getting far without a parts number erggg. and toro is no help already called them.

thanks in advance for taking the time to read this , he does love his bronco!