tractorhogg

27x9.00-15 Tire Chains

tractorhogg

I bought a Wheel Horse D-160 (kohler 16hp single) with 27 x 9.00-15 rear tires, there were a set of chains with it, but I sold the tires and rims. I want to sell the chains, they are 12" x 68" would this be right size chains for a 9.00-15 tire? I just want to make sure before I make the ad/. All my other chains for 12" rims are about 55" long.

ebinmaine

Sure sounds about right.

• Like 1

953 nut

:confusion-confused:                  sounds like it may be too small for a 15" tire. 68 divided by 3.24 gives you about a 21.6" radius, guess it would depend on how long the cross links are. Do you have a trailer or car tire that is anywhere close to the size put them on to check it out?

ebinmaine
Just now, 953 nut said:

:confusion-confused:                  sounds like it may be too small for a 15" tire. 68 divided by 3.24 gives you about a 21.6" radius, guess it would depend on how long the cross links are. Do you have a trailer or car tire that is anywhere close to the size put them on to check it out?

There are charts online but I couldn't find any at the moment. Now that I think about it those chain sound like they would fit a 25 tire.

I've also found that tire chains are not standardized as well as they could be.

As an example...

If you say it has a 12in cross-section does that mean inside to chain or outside total? That makes a big difference.

tractorhogg
18 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Sure sounds about right.

Thanks, I took to my buddies that has a Bolens with a 27x9-15 tire on his tractor, fits like a glove

• Like 2