12Horse Paladin

Just Because It Isn't Here Yet...

12Horse Paladin

A few more pics in better lighting (read: daylight, lol) the owner sent me from when it was listed for sale, just because...

ETA of General now this Sun.

Busy schedules and such, which i certainly understand...

Guess it gives me time to find a knob/figure out that funky looking hydraulic lift lever, that i see again👍🤣

Hope every1 has a good day...

received_2056453194457813.jpeg

received_1670283469979848.jpeg

received_427751111491699.jpeg

received_1662304163894219.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Pollack Pete

I like it.Got one here that lives outdoors.I can barely make out the remains of the hood stripe on mine.All faded to hell.Your Bronco looks great.More pics when you get it??

• Heart 1

12Horse Paladin
4 minutes ago, Pollack Pete said:

I like it.Got one here that lives outdoors.I can barely make out the remains of the hood stripe on mine.All faded to hell.Your Bronco looks great.More pics when you get it??

You can count on that!😊

And thankyou!

I like the paint (condition) on it somuch, im debating howmuch i may/maynot redo/restore...i think i like the light patina. Just want to find some way to not let the rust keep growing in the spots that have some, and protect the spots that are down to bare metal but no rust yet, maybe. I just read/saw one a fellow cleanedup with a pressure washer n boiled linseed oil, it looked great (after).

I just dunno bout usin a pressure waher; think that might be a bit much...

Edited by 12Horse Paladin

Sparky

Nice looking machine! 
  Looks like a replacement motor under the hood. Is it still 14hp?

953 nut
36 minutes ago, 12Horse Paladin said:

find a knob/figure out that funky looking hydraulic lift lever, that i see again

Chargers/Electros and Broncos all had the same setup. The GT-14 has a small round 1/4-20 threaded black plastic knob which is probably the same size. ACE Hardware or Radio Shack probably can fix you up.

image.png.cc3d65df15baa1ff826c791e9cadc5bf.png

Edited by 953 nut
fat finger
  • Like 1

12Horse Paladin
16 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Nice looking machine! 
  Looks like a replacement motor under the hood. Is it still 14hp?

Im no expert.

But i looked that over best i could...its a one cyl 14hp Kohler allright, n all the factory tags are there...

Looked factory/original to me but...

Your guess is prolly bettern mine; now you have me wonderin' :eusa-think:

EDIT: Added a pic; cant see the numbers well, but they're there. Only 1 i have at the moment...

image000000(2).jpg

Edited by 12Horse Paladin
Added pic
  • Excellent 1

Sparky

It was the plastic flywheel screen that caught my eye. Back when that machine was new they were metal. 
  It’s possible that just the screen was swapped out :eusa-think: .

But I just blew up the pic and the decal on the right looks just like the one on my Kohler 10 replacement motor. It’s possible that this tractor has a Kohler factory replacement motor. That would be great news!

Any pics from the PTO side? Wonder if the block is gray? 
  Here is my C105 with a factory replacement motor ( note the plastic flywheel screen)

8C92A8B2-7D58-42CA-90FD-DC329D5FE744.jpeg

82340171-AA0A-42DE-9E60-50B441314147.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sparky

So my decal is trashed but you have the same one I think and it appears to be in good shape. 
  Using the numbers off it @gwest_ca can tell you exactly what year that motor was made.

2BFD9F5E-E77E-4222-881B-7F2EF83940C6.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

You’ve got yourself a case of Horse Fever!  

I’ve got buck fever today.... one shot one deer so far, he’s laying between me and the barn.

4AE3197A-E60C-4696-B62B-004A94C2CCA3.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3
  • Sad 1

12Horse Paladin
31 minutes ago, Sparky said:

It was the plastic flywheel screen that caught my eye. Back when that machine was new they were metal. 
  It’s possible that just the screen was swapped out :eusa-think: .

But I just blew up the pic and the decal on the right looks just like the one on my Kohler 10 replacement motor. It’s possible that this tractor has a Kohler factory replacement motor. That would be great news!

Any pics from the PTO side? Wonder if the block is gray? 
  Here is my C105 with a factory replacement motor ( note the plastic flywheel screen)

8C92A8B2-7D58-42CA-90FD-DC329D5FE744.jpeg

82340171-AA0A-42DE-9E60-50B441314147.jpeg

I like your Blackhood!👍👍👍

And when He gets here n i can give him a better going over, i'll be posting....thankyou for the info!

I noticed that flywheel cover rightaway...knew it was changedout...but i kinda like the look.

No pics from the pto side, but when i looked it over, it looked, as i remember, to be jus like the few pics ive seen of these models. 

But ill kno better once it gets here.

• Excellent 1

ezeastside

My Bronco 14 also has the plastic screen but I did notice yours is a battery ignition and the one I have is Breakerless Ignition although that could have been updated.

14.jpg

• Like 1

12Horse Paladin
17 minutes ago, ezeastside said:

My Bronco 14 also has the plastic screen but I did notice yours is a battery ignition and the one I have is Breakerless Ignition although that could have been updated.

14.jpg

Yes, to the  attery ignition (on mine)

...I keep forgetting to mention...

The previous owner's wife's brother works for a place i know well...Feldmann Sales and Service, which, back in the day, (since'56) was the local WH dealer. The original owner still owns some nice Horses. Anyways...anytime this machine needed servicing or anything...well he did it, off the clock, so to speak. So it seems (i hope) that it was at least sorta kept up/maintained...

As it now stands, i think i am finding/buying every WH survivor they sold in this state...both my tractors, as well as the cart i just found, were either bought, or passed thru there, at some point, lol.

1st pic is the dealer sticker on the tounge of the wagon; 2nd is on the hood of my 312-8. Found bettern 200 miles apart, lol.

20190902_143005.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg.12415590c71fadac738992a5374c91b7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Sparky

Now that you have it home you should post up the info on the motor decals. 

• Like 1

12Horse Paladin
1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Now that you have it home you should post up the info on the motor decals. 

You bet😊

Now i just gotta figure out how to get that snowblower off, since the other pic is how i recieved the electric clutch🤔

Was told it was maybe just the wiring, lol n sigh...cant check it thatway...

I gotta figure a way to go bout this all; i need to get my truck back in my small garage, too.

You can be sure ill be up early in the AM,  hoping the warmer weather holds a lil longer.

There'll b alot more posts n pics...ive found out alot more tonight once it was brought. For $300 delivered, i dont think i got taken...i just hope im able to learn/tackle it all.20191116_160140.jpg.8d65a8362c6fb483e9cfe28577027364.jpg20191116_160235.jpg.efcbc753a9b1b5690e5a66dd319f57c3.jpg

• Like 1

pfrederi

You can test the Electric PTO just like it is.  Hook up a battery to the two terminals (makes no difference +/-)  You should hear a loud click and see some movement making the small gap between pulleys and coil housing disappear

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12Horse Paladin
8 hours ago, pfrederi said:

You can test the Electric PTO just like it is.  Hook up a battery to the two terminals (makes no difference +/-)  You should hear a loud click and see some movement making the small gap between pulleys and coil housing disappear

Hey, thankyou, verymuch!

Another thing added to the list...😊

Thanks again to every1 here, for being so helpful, and sharing knowledge and info so freely; i am very grateful...

• Like 2

Pullstart

We all learned someone most likely... just passing the knowledge to the next guy!

• Like 1