Pullstart

M18 Milwaukee

ClassicTractorProfessor

I've tried cordless tools from all of the major manufacturers, and Milwaukee beats them all every time in my opinion. I've got a mixture of M18 and M12 both and love them all. I was a fan of the old DeWalt 18V platform for a long time, bought one of their 20V 1/2" impacts and was not impressed...switched to Milwaukee M18 and haven't looked back. The DeWalt experience turned me off on cordless impact wrenches for a long time, but last week my old faithful Ingersoll Rand air gun finally bit the dirt, figured I'd give cordless another shot. Picked up the M18 High Torque kit #2767-22R. Ordered it through Home Depot and got an extra 5.0AH battery for free. Been using it all day and this thing is a beast. Way more impact than you would need for small projects, but if you're like me and work on heavier duty stuff I highly recommend looking at this one.

20230321_141436.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

WHX??

@Pullstart and I are kinda fans of Milwaukee crap too. Me pretty much cause my company paid for them. 

Bend me over for what they get for their oem  batteries is what irks me ... no lube used...paid less for the whole tool.

I suppose Dewalt or other brands the same tho.

One doesn't buy the cheap knock offs heard tell they blow up in the charger. 

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

@Pullstart and I are kinda fans of Milwaukee crap too. Me pretty much cause my company paid for them. 

Bend me over for what they get for their oem  batteries is what irks me ... no lube used...paid less for the whole tool.

I suppose Dewalt or other brands the same tho.

One doesn't buy the cheap knock offs heard tell they blow up in the charger. 

Yes the batteries are stupid expensive. When I saw the deal to pick a free item with purchase and an extra battery was one of the choices it was a no brainer...just that battery alone was $179. But that's the case with all of them, when the wife was working at the local lumber yard I bought a couple of extra M12 batteries, looked at the prices of DeWalt and Makita batteries they had on the shelf as well. Those were just as stupid expensive as the Milwaukee ones. 

• Like 1

rjg854

I got most of my Milwaukee batteries off fleabay.  I just watched for the best prices at auction.  Most of them I got for about half what they wanted off the shelf.  :flags-usa:

WHX??
7 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

I got most of my Milwaukee batteries off fleabay. 

Are they genuine Milwaukee and new Randy? 

rjg854

yes they are, most came from guys breaking down kits.  Some were still in their blister packs. I have @ 8 batteries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1