oldiron613

Wheel Horse Mink Feeder

oldiron613

So here's a weird one I wanted to share some pictures of, wondering if anyone else has ever seen or heard of such a thing. This was originally a mink feeder, used on a mink farm in northern Wisconsin (which is definitely mink country). Originally there was a tub for the feed and an auger behind the seat which unfortunately is missing. There are no tags on the tractor and although I certainly doubt Wheel Horse built these, my guess is that a 3rd party manufacture built and sold these using WH parts, similarly to what Haska did with modified Speedex tractors during the same time period. There are (2) transmissions; a hydrostatic trans to drive the tractor and a gear drive that would have run the auger. It's 5' long overall. I've seen and own the Speedex/Haska mink feeders, but never a Wheel Horse version until now.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

20.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

CasualObserver

Very cool.... I agree... most likely not done by Wheel Horse, but the industry company re-purposed. Be very cool to see it restored to functional glory.

Curious about what's in front of it on the trailer.... maybe a David Bradley?

• Like 1

Stepney

I cant really help much.. never seen anything like that.

The steering wheel and trans design tells me its a 1965-66 design.

But I must say, that is a clean looking SRV! 1983/4?

• Like 1

wheelhorseman

Here is a thread I started a couple years ago on a feeder from Finland that used Wheel Horse Parts

• Like 2

oldiron613

I wish I could tell you guys what's in the background of these pictures, but I just received them from a buddy of mine who found this WH Mink Feeder for me, so I'm not real sure. Yes though, that other tractor is a DB Suburban; that much I know. 

oldiron613

I posted these picture on one of the Wheel Horse Facebook groups and a gentleman just posted this picture of his that came off of a mink farm in Michigan years ago! Pretty wild to see the feed bin! 

73513635_2958587264156911_348774846496243712_o (1).jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Cool stuff