Achto

No more Firestone Town & Country tires?

Achto

I decided to start gathering parts for a restoration and noticed that M.E. Miller Tire has removed the Firestone Town & Country 6-12 tire from their listing.:( I sure hope that this is only temporary.

Edited by Achto
  • Sad 1

WHX??

You mean the turf thread ones?

857 horse

WHEN I HAVE CALLED IN THE PAST,,,,A VERY NICE LADY ANSWERS THE PHONE,,,,,,( ME MILLER,,THAT IS)

GIVE'R A CALL.......

AT EASE GENTLEMEN    :music-rockon::music-rockout:

• Haha 2

Achto
44 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

You mean the turf thread ones?

Yes the turf ones. I sent an email to enquire, will update as soon as I get an answer.

• Like 1

Stepney

Been saving up to get a set of those for my 1960 Jacobsen. Hope they aren't gone. Looking forward to seeing the outcome. 

• Excellent 1

WHX??

Dan .. Mike @prondzy has that set I put on his 604. Since he went to ags maybe he doesn't need them. If I remember right tho they are the ones with mismatched tread pattern I picked up at the BS??

• Like 1

Achto

Patients ran out while waiting for an email back from M.E.Miller so I took @857 horse's advise & gave them a call. The sweet lady that answers the phone informed me that they only have 1 of these tires at this time. They are waiting on a container with new stock but they do not have an ETA at this time.

I'm mot sure if you all were aware of this fact. M.E.Miller does not buy these tires from Firestone. They pay a royalty to Firestone and have them reproduced by another source.

She put me on the waiting list and will notify me when they come in. I'm glad that they are not discontinuing them.

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

WHX??

Ok Dan ... here's the real deal...what resto are we planning that would incurr the use of these tires? Time here to give us hints! Paint? Orginal?? Inquiring minds want to know! :D No need to mention model nos here since bank of J&C financed most of your tractors! :lol:

Edited by WHX24
  • Haha 2

Achto

I have a couple round nose models that are in line for resto's. I'd like to do one up with ag's and one with the Town & Country's. Not sure which one will have which tires yet. I'm thinkin' both will end up with these tire on the front.https://www.millertire.com/products/lawn-garden-tires/4-00-8/4-80-8-firestone-turf-guide-4-ply/ That's not set in stone yet though.

Edited by Achto
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

Yes I really like those tires too. They would look good on any round hood but RJ's and 'Burbs especially.

Those might be a good choice for the front of this since original style tires are almost non-existent. Unless I can find some other block style tire.  Giving thoughts to have this my winter project or at least get it running and driving. 

20190220_181256.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Achto

I agree the Firestone Turf Guides would look great on the Amigo. They are about as close to the original style fronts that I have seen so far.

Rob J.

Miller Tire has these back in stock. $160 a pop. Yikes 

WHX??

Older thread here Rob but Miller can be quite proud of their tires. Thanks for digging this one up as the Amigo is up for getting running. For now she is gonna get shod with whatever I find the cheapest just to keep it a roller.

• Like 1