Lost.soul.collecter

My free Wheel Horse

AMC RULES
6 hours ago, Lost.soul.collecter said:

I got 3 more wheel horses but they really need alot of work 

Them's the one's we like best!   :greetings-clapyellow:

953 nut
On 10/9/2019 at 1:15 AM, Lost.soul.collecter said:

it stopped running and they took it to a shop and they told them due to them not making them know more they would have to fabricate a part

:WRS:

Stupid lawn mower shop mechanics are a :wh: collector's best friend.              :woohoo:

• Like 1

Zeek

That is a great tractor especially for the price! Welcome :happy-smileygiantred:

Lost.soul.collecter
22 hours ago, ZXT said:

We're glad to have you! All of the tractors you've picked up are very good workers. I grew up around a C-141 and still have it. Definitely jealous of all the freebies you're finding!

We'd love to see pictures of them when you get a chance.. We like them even if they're ugly!

Here is the pictures of my other 3 like I said they need alot of work but the motors are not locked up and the shifters all move so will see in time 

20191010_212136.jpg

20191010_212213.jpg

20191010_212227.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ZXT
9 hours ago, Lost.soul.collecter said:

Here is the pictures of my other 3 like I said they need alot of work but the motors are not locked up and the shifters all move so will see in time 

Very cool! Looks like if you found a couple seats, wheels and a seat pan you'd have three complete tractors. Looks like the B-80 is all there.

If you aren't familiar with the hydro tractors, there is a valve on the C-141 that you open to allow it to freewheel so that you can push it. Pushing it with the valve closed will damage the hydro. The valve is located on the LH side of the tractor, up under the seat pan near the front of the rear wheel. 

• Like 1

Stormin

:WRS: from :UK: Nothing is better than free and as you now have three more, your hooked. Resistance is futile.

• Like 1

Lost.soul.collecter
5 hours ago, ZXT said:

Very cool! Looks like if you found a couple seats, wheels and a seat pan you'd have three complete tractors. Looks like the B-80 is all there.

If you aren't familiar with the hydro tractors, there is a valve on the C-141 that you open to allow it to freewheel so that you can push it. Pushing it with the valve closed will damage the hydro. The valve is located on the LH side of the tractor, up under the seat pan near the front of the rear wheel. 

Lost.soul.collecter

Yeah I just found a starter generator for one of them for 15.00 bucks because it was missing but i have to rebuild it

• Like 1

ZXT
9 hours ago, Lost.soul.collecter said:

Yeah I just found a starter generator for one of them for 15.00 bucks because it was missing but i have to rebuild it

None of the models you have use a starter generator. Are you sure that it isn't just a starter?

Lost.soul.collecter
1 hour ago, ZXT said:

None of the models you have use a starter generator. Are you sure that it isn't just a starter?

To be honest I'm I'm not sure a friend to me that the starter generator was missing I will see if I can get a better pick of the motor area tomorrow and post for all I know it might not be the original motor I'm new to these mowers but I want to try to do them right and put back to all original like they was so any help I can get I'm open for

• Like 1

Bill D

Be careful with that Onan.  It is possible that it has a governor problem that won't show up until it's hot.  Goggle Onan governor flyball spacer for more information.

Bill

• Like 1

Lost.soul.collecter

There is one thing I'm having trouble with on my 520-8 that I'm sure someone on here could tell me when I got it the oil pressure sensor was broken and I'm not sure of the numbers for it or were I  could got a new one if someone could let me know I'd greatly appreciate it thanks

Lost.soul.collecter
29 minutes ago, Bill D said:

Be careful with that Onan.  It is possible that it has a governor problem that won't show up until it's hot.  Goggle Onan governor flyball spacer for more information.

Bill

Thanks for the heads up on that 

Tuneup

That side job is a great way to get your hands on the fun stuff. I've scored an old engine or weed-wacker or two but not a clean 520! As for those oldies, it's amazing that having been pulled from the Georgia clay, like mine, they still have an engine that can come to life, a decent trans and maybe even a good deck. Remarkable machines.

• Like 1

Lost.soul.collecter
15 hours ago, Lost.soul.collecter said:

To be honest I'm I'm not sure a friend to me that the starter generator was missing I will see if I can get a better pick of the motor area tomorrow and post for all I know it might not be the original motor I'm new to these mowers but I want to try to do them right and put back to all original like they was so any help I can get I'm open for

Here is pictures of the motor it's on the B•80 

20191012_153455.jpg

20191012_153530.jpg

20191012_153537.jpg

Retired Wrencher

L L Colector  :WRS:  I can not belive some people fabricate a part inside the engine and it would cost 3000 dollars.   Glade you put some time on it to get it running.    Enjoy it.

ZXT
On 10/12/2019 at 2:43 PM, Lost.soul.collecter said:

Here is pictures of the motor it's on the B•80 

I should've looked at the picture you posted of it the other day closer. From the factory it would've had an 8HP Kohler on it. Looks like someone swapped that Briggs on it. Yes, you will need a starter generator to get that engine up and going. 

• Thanks 1

Lost.soul.collecter
6 hours ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

L L Colector  :WRS:  I can not belive some people fabricate a part inside the engine and it would cost 3000 dollars.   Glade you put some time on it to get it running.    Enjoy it.

I'm sure that's just what they told then because they wanted it cheap or didnt want to mess with it but I've fixed it it's running now just need to find a oil pressure sensor for it