Lost.soul.collecter

My free Wheel Horse

67 WH 877

:text-welcomeconfetti:to RedSquare and your new WH addiction:handgestures-thumbupright:...Great group of folks here, always someone willing to help out with any questions you may have.:wh: 

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

rjg854

:WRS:  That's a mighty fine tractor for just putting some maintenance to it :text-bravo:

• Like 1

dcrage

A 520-8 for FREE!!! Wonderful find!!

• Like 3

Super-C 4 me

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

649832591_RS-WelcomeWagon.jpg.838f24b8042b264a90b3a27a1ac1df9e.jpg

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Welcome aboard ... And an FYI the 520-8 is a rare tractor built 1 year only I believe I prefer the hydro for ease of lifting implements but you'll find that Onan to be a beast and nothing else out there sounds nearly as gnarly up on the govenor good luck with your new toy/tool.

• Like 2

ZXT

Very good find! A 520 is a great tractor. 

I wonder what was supposedly wrong inside the engine? Sounds like possibly nothing and the shop was just selling the previous owner a bill of goods. Kinda have to feel bad for them!

What are your plans for it? Use it or flip it?

• Like 1

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti: @Lost.soul.collecter!  What a great freebie!  I’m not much a fan of the “late model” tractors, but if that thing plopped in my lap I sure would be!  Don’t get me wrong... that’s a super capable machine as you know, it’s just not my classic cup of tea :handgestures-thumbupright:

As you may know, that rear cylinder likes to clog with debris from mowing... part of regular (yearly?) maintenance should be pulling the tins and blowing all the debris out.  That’ll keep that thumper cool and happy for a long time!

• Like 2

The Tuul Crib

Very nice tractor and you can't beat the price either!  

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:

• Like 1

Achto

:WRS:

• Like 1

JC 1965

:text-welcomeconfetti:  You'll like it here.

• Like 1

peter lena

welcome to the site, all of the regulars here are asking why can,t that happen to me ? you are beyond lucky, ( buy a lotto ticket ) to say the least, your quick basic service and the fact that you did it says a lot about your thinking . agree with the rear cylinder  debris cleaning , i would personally put some aeration holes in the back of that guard .  if you don,t care for that model , with a slight buff up you will have a great start on trading / selling on to what you want  , you are one lucky dude, pete 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

857 horse

WOW,,,,,,,THE UNICORN,,,,,

WITH ENVEY WE :bow-blue:

TOP CHOISE OF THE TOP 5.....

HOWARD 857 HORSE IN VA

• Like 1

Darb1964

I thought I was lucky when I was offered a 518-h for free with what a service person said had a blown motor. Put in all fresh fluids and filters. Started up and smoked a lot at first, then after a while smoothed out. When I put it in motion smoked bad and did not want to move. Emergency break spring was broke, put a spring on I had not right size but held it back enough and the tractor move and drove good,some smoking but not bad. Put the pto down for the deck same thing smoke and stress. Greased and freed up the spindles, worked smooth and little smoke. Burns a little oil but works good, not pretty but I like that,all five of mine are used looking, like me. I think some service people don't like working on the Oman motors, they can be a challenge and parts are expensive. Keep them clean, oil,fuel, air, they are hard to beat. 520-8 that's a find no matter how you get it, congrats!!!!

• Like 2

c-series don

I thought I remember hearing that there were only 200 520-8’s built? 

• Like 1

FAST

Welcome!! Nice tractor for a freebie. 👍🏻

Lost.soul.collecter
5 hours ago, c-series don said:

I thought I remember hearing that there were only 200 520-8’s built? 

Wow I didnt know that

Lost.soul.collecter
15 hours ago, ZXT said:

Very good find! A 520 is a great tractor. 

I wonder what was supposedly wrong inside the engine? Sounds like possibly nothing and the shop was just selling the previous owner a bill of goods. Kinda have to feel bad for them!

What are your plans for it? Use it or flip it?

Well I was going to flip it until I got it running and drove it around my yard and fell In love with it so yeah i have to keep it who knows maybe I'll bring it to a show sometime and I like them so much I got 3 more wheel horses but they really need alot of work 

• Like 2

ZXT
1 minute ago, Lost.soul.collecter said:

Well I was going to flip it until I got it running and drove it around my yard and fell In love with it so yeah i have to keep it who knows maybe I'll bring it to a show sometime and I like them so much I got 3 more wheel horses but they really need alot of work 

Very good! What models are the other three? 

Lost.soul.collecter
6 minutes ago, ZXT said:

Very good! What models are the other three? 

One is a B•80 and one is a C-111 and my last one is a C-141 but there in need of work I picked up all 3 for free there missing some parts and just in bad shape I'll try to post some pics of them so you can see them tomorrow 

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Lost.soul.collecter

Thanks to all of you for the friendly welcomes and the info I greatly appreciate it as I'm new to the wheel horses I cant wait to go check out a wheel horse show i watch some videos and seen some pictures and it looks like a great time

• Like 1

ZXT

We're glad to have you! All of the tractors you've picked up are very good workers. I grew up around a C-141 and still have it. Definitely jealous of all the freebies you're finding!

We'd love to see pictures of them when you get a chance.. We like them even if they're ugly!

• Like 1

Lost.soul.collecter

I will get some pictures of them tomorrow and post up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1