Ed Kennell

PENNDOT in action

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: I thought you knew Ed...

all the money is in the buying and selling. 

• Like 1

squonk
6 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

A little history on my Brownton Road.   This is a 2 mile long road that connects state route 74 and Felton road.    

2015   tar and chip

2016   paved with 2" asphalt

2017  14- 3' wide cuts from berm to berm to replace the 14 galvanized culverts with plastic

2018  paved with 4" of asphalt

2019  tar and chip

2020  install a sewer or water main down the center of the road     This is my prediction based on PENNDOT's  previous lack of planning.

I would have been ecstatic with half of that!

• Like 1

oldredrider

To hear you guys talk, I'm glad I live out in the country where dirt roads and 4wd reign! Pavement? Turn the radio down!

• Like 4

pfrederi
20 minutes ago, oldredrider said:

To hear you guys talk, I'm glad I live out in the country where dirt roads and 4wd reign! Pavement? Turn the radio down!

The township maintained dirt road in front of my house is smoother and better than the "paved" state road it feeds to.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

adsm08

PennDOT? Action?

Ed, you been drinking?

• Haha 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

Well you guys are lucky . I live in the State Capital , worst roads are located here . We moved in to the house November 1992 , we have not had any repairs to the road in all that time. A big pot hole gets a bag of patch thrown in it and the truck drives over it. One feeder road to my road has 9 patched places in one car length. 

• Like 2

Achto
8 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

One feeder road to my road has 9 patched places in one car length

This sounds like some of the streets in Oshkosh, there are a few streets there that I would challenge you to find the original pavement through the patches.:)

• Like 2

Achto
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

As long as we're on the topic they got my road past your house done yet Dan? Talk about making a career out of a job!

You poking at a touchy here subject Jim.

3 hours ago, squonk said:

Now it's Oct. Still waiting for the paving to start.

I'm felling your pain here @squonk Here is a pic from April shortly after they started the project on my road.

DSCN2659-min_JPG_0ef5085567e74d9a307fe1d6bc86b9a2.jpg.4672e1569d07e2406b9898d0abfca90b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Sad 1

Ed Kennell

I'm surprised you guys never noticed my brother Harry standing on the porch. Heads Up Harry shows up at my door every October.

He's also upset with the way PENNDOT wastes his tax dollars.

102_0648.JPG.c51c4115aaa135a4a4bddb13794f30cc.JPG

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

WHX??

Lol.. you need to put up a shot of the sidewalk Dan.... I ain't kidding fellas you sight down a brand new street project down his lane and the new  sidewalk looks like it's been hit by a earthquake. In today's technology of laser levels and GPS and grading techniques you think they could have got it fairly strait and level but noooo! It goes up down and left to right! I told Dan it's his fault for not coming to get my mid mount blade and moonlighting! How's the mosquito breeding area .... errrr manageable ditch going Dan? :laughing-rolling: Ok ... I ll quit at risk of having a bad brisket this weekend! 

• Haha 3

WHX??

Lol Ed... maybe start a new thread ... :occasion-happyhalloween:  decorations! 

Achto
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

As long as we're on the topic they got my road past your house done yet Dan? Talk about making a career out of a job!

I'm feeling your pain here @squonk Here is a pic from April shortly after they started the project on my road & my front yard was picked for a place to pile the gravel for the project.

DSCN2659-min_JPG_0ef5085567e74d9a307fe1d6bc86b9a2.jpg.4672e1569d07e2406b9898d0abfca90b.jpg

May they tear out the old pavement, end access to my drive way and dig a "manageable ditch". No culverts under the drive ways or cross roads, so ditch is more of a private pond in front of every ones house. Woo Hoo!! Water front property!!:lol:

IMG_20190530_181230827-min.jpg.f2d1fb588b9e9c449717e17aa11ea248.jpg

End of June, New side walk in, ditch "landscaped" and I can use my drive way again. :greetings-clappingyellow:

IMG_20190719_174651854_HDR-min.jpg.5b16e219a7721c988d755b8c563dc2c0.jpg

Now it's what? Oh ya October?? Only change since June is that they actually paid some *%$@ landscaping company to plant crab grass and creeping charlie in the "manageable ditch / pond" in front of my house. After many hours of pulling junk weeds plus a reseeding my ditch/pond is the best looking one one the street. I'm loosing faith in weather or not we will see any type of pavement this year. :(

On the bright side, The new gravel is smoother than the 8yr old pavement that they removed.:D

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Achto
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

I'm feeling your pain here @squonk Here is a pic from April shortly after they started the project on my road & my front yard was picked for a place to pile the gravel for the project.

May they tear out the old pavement, end access to my drive way and dig a "manageable ditch". No culverts under the drive ways or cross roads, so ditch is more of a private pond in front of every ones house. Woo Hoo!! Water front property!!:lol:

IMG_20190530_181230827-min.jpg.f2d1fb588b9e9c449717e17aa11ea248.jpg

End of June, New side walk in, ditch "landscaped" and I can use my drive way again. :greetings-clappingyellow:

Now it's what? Oh ya October?? Only change since June is that they actually paid some *%$@ landscaping company to plant crab grass and creeping charlie in the "manageable ditch / pond" in front of my house. After many hours of pulling junk weeds plus a reseeding my ditch/pond is the best looking one one the street. I'm loosing faith in weather or not we will see any type of pavement this year. :(

On the bright side, The new gravel is smoother than the 8yr old pavement that they removed.:D

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Achto

:confusion-confused:Sorry for the double post guys, If some one could remove one of the above I'd appreciate it.

• Haha 1

WHX??

Yer anger is showing Dan :angry-jumpinganger:yer double posting...maybe save that brisket for a better day?? :lol:

• Haha 4

Ed Kennell

I'll get Harry a one way bus ticket to Redgranite.

102_0648.JPG.bcbf6b8bffcdeeea077625835bf668cc.JPG

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

Tractorhead
13 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

They did or probably still do this in lowa. 

We had several rural roads in the country.

We had lots of chipped windows and 

chipped paint too.

Same here.

To protect your paint in front on the Car, here offers several small business a transparent Foil,

they brought on at hard chipped areas. That foil is about 0,25mm thick, that helps to prevent.

but while not that cheap, it mostly just make sense on newer Cars.

about 200US$ for complete front include bumpers, and the sides from tyre to tyre about 5 cm in height.

the making depends on Carsize about 5h.

but for a new(er) Car it‘s worth to do.

no chippings with that Foil.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
11 hours ago, Achto said:

Hey Dan,  that looks like it may be designed to prevent pedestrians from jaywalking.   They would have to wade across the pond to enter the street....if there was a street.

Or, it looks like a good place to park and change your oil.   The drainings will also kill the weeds.   

• Haha 2

oldlineman

Penn Dot should be closed down and all work contracted out with close inspection. 

You would not pay for 4 workers riding on a machine that 2 can operate. mho Pa tax payer!

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

And today the sweeping begins.      This continued for 3- 8 hour days the last time the road was chipped.    It takes about an hour  to  make the 4 mile round trip.

102_0652.JPG.f478ec6a8147eda7052aade2f60ca97a.JPG

Darb1964

If it's anything like Ma. Next year they will dig up the new road to replace water or sewer lines.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Zeek
On 10/1/2019 at 12:49 PM, The Tool Crib said:

They did or probably still do this in lowa. 

We had several rural roads in the country.

We had lots of chipped windows and 

chipped paint too.

I don't miss that. They used to do that where I lived in PA all the time. Two weeks of stones, tar and dust until it settles. . . a mess :disgust:

JoeM

that road brush has a water tank but they don't use it!

last time we lucked out, it rained that evening pretty hard and we hardly got any dust.

Ed Kennell

I was lucky..we had a South wind.

squonk

Finally! 

1122499948_rd001.JPG.4f062198c4b7f7229c967c60c9f2a952.JPG

1767721684_rd002.JPG.f2faf64705d82482a6d503ff52044989.JPG

• Heart 1