firemanironman

can you identify this wire?

firemanironman

I picked up a wheel horse and I am having trouble finding the connection for this wire. I have no spark and  have searched for the placement of this wire within the distance of its length...any ideas?...can't seem to paste the picture....

image.png.150f071f602728cf6158670e8223289c.png 

kgib1HZXRJ2ldQ4EaidDDQ.jpg

Ryi%tyf1S4WDAdsXb+V9Ng.jpg

0+rkUamWSFqc1A%T7kmdnw.jpg

tVgGfNNFQc6y4i%hUyEZgw.jpg

Edited by firemanironman
ADDED MEDIA

firemanironman

One wire comes from the harness and the other into the relay? connection on the left side of the tractor. Thanks!

firemanironman

E9CiKJ9xRhKnQRMPSZV+tA.jpg

iPAphbo2TiyhJwPOmdwtgQ.jpg

0+rkUamWSFqc1A%T7kmdnw.jpg

• Excellent 1

953 nut

:WRS:

That appears ti be the "Seat Switch Relay". If you can tell us what year 312-8 you have we can give you a detailed wiring diagram of each system.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Two wires into 1 terminal or 2?

Garry

• Like 1

firemanironman

Thank you for your responses. The seat switch relay seems to be working because it will not turn over unless I am sitting, I am not sure if that fact rules out the switch relay?  I am also not sure of the year, I will look for markings...is there a probable spot on the frame or engine to look? One of the  2 wires come from what looks to be the main harness picture added and the other comes from the terminal  on the right side...picture added..      

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3018.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3017.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3019.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3016.jpg

Tractorhead

I guess it can be a Neutral Switch connector, or a „Clutch pressed“ switch.

without exactly knowing of your tractor‘s details, i would look for a Switch mount near Clutch Pedal or link

or maybe PTO.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

The tractor ID decal was likely under the left side of the seat on the rear fender pan.

Post all the numbers off the engine data decal including the serial number. May be able to identify with those.

Garry

• Like 1

Darb1964

I'm not a big wiring expert, but from the photo did you check under the fuse that is missing?

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Being the wires are black which are usually grounds it may be for the original solenoid that required one of the small terminals to be grounded.

Garry

• Like 2