rjg854

very very nice :text-bravo:

Achto
5 hours ago, kdeatrick said:

looks decent

I think it looks awesome!!:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Racinbob

:text-yeahthat:I agree. Way better than just decent. Great job! :)

• Like 1

Shynon

Wow that thing looks nice, great job. :handgestures-thumbupright:

classiccat

sweet job!  

I like those baffles...like a super recycler.   I bet that thing cuts like a dream.

large.20190820_004902.jpg.6b2e59c8d6d051

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Some really nice :wh: work there.  :thumbs:

Ed Kennell

Another  super job Ken.  You are the Work Horse Man.     :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

8ntruck

What is the model number on the RD deck?  I bought a RD deck this summer that came off of a Work Horse.  It had been repainted somewhere along the line, and the model number/serial number sticker did not survive.  Near as I can figure, mine is a 1983 or 1984 deck.

Thanks.

bds1984

Nice looking rig you have!

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

One word .,.... SWEET!!!!!

• Like 2

dells68

Very nice tractor!!!  I love the look of the workhorses.  The one I redid for Emory is the only one I’ve seen around here and boy, was it rode hard and put away wet!!!!!  Job well done sir!

• Like 1

kdeatrick

Thanks for the compliments, I am looking for 1 part if anyone can help. I need the PTO brake, it can even be worn, I'll replace the material. 

I still think I may need to tear down the engine as she's loud and burning some oil. The paint is good but it's still has the pitting under the paint, I sort of wish I'd spent the time on filler, but that wasn't the mission. This is to be w working tractor for my rental property for the next 20 years. 

I tried the deck and it work great for mulching the leaves and grass. I had it working before, just tore it down to paint the deck. Also added new blades and checked all the bearings. I also coated it with a fresh coat of easy slide, which I now use on all my 4 of my working decks. 

Edited by kdeatrick
  • Like 1

kdeatrick
On 9/28/2019 at 10:10 AM, c-series don said:

Looks like we may have three to display next year! 

B8D7B166-96D3-4372-BFFC-DE9F6780D605.jpeg

A9AC5F8F-6EAE-4530-9229-AAE5F10E4521.jpeg

Yes, I just may have to make two trips up next year. I missed seeing yours this year.

• Like 1

kdeatrick
On 9/28/2019 at 6:15 PM, 8ntruck said:

What is the model number on the RD deck?  I bought a RD deck this summer that came off of a Work Horse.  It had been repainted somewhere along the line, and the model number/serial number sticker did not survive.  Near as I can figure, mine is a 1983 or 1984 deck.

Thanks.

0542MR02, but this is not the deck for it. The 1982 & 1983 GT-1142 and GT-1642 came with the 42" side discharge deck, the GT-1848 came with the 48" side discharge.

The 1984 GT-1100 & GT-1600 I have all came with the 42" Rear discharge like you see here. The GT-1800 still had the 48" side discharge deck to my knowledge. In 1984 though I believe the deck was optional.

I should also mention, I cut the original underside steel that was left, in order to install the later model deck recycler. 

Edited by kdeatrick
  • Like 1

Stepney

Looks great!
I love mine. Been a great little tractor despite all it's previous owner abuse. 

IMG_5994.JPG.1693ddfcf22f08d52d1c7dbefe69fe30.JPG

• Like 2

D_Mac
On 9/28/2019 at 1:51 AM, kdeatrick said:

Well, I did another Work Horse over. This one I will use weekly at my Rental property.

Its great that you use them. Whats that people say ? " they should be ridden not hidden" 

If you are bringing 3 to the show want to bring 3 1/2 ? Mine dosnt take up much room.

20190915_162350.jpg

• Excellent 1

robbie

I was wondering if you can tell me what color gray your used on your workhorse I cant seem to find a paint code anywhere and your tractor looks awesome my email is v8304jeep@aim.com

gwest_ca
5 hours ago, robbie said:

I was wondering if you can tell me what color gray your used on your workhorse I cant seem to find a paint code anywhere and your tractor looks awesome my email is v8304jeep@aim.com

Found this in an exported tractor manual. Click on the fuzzy picture

Garry

• Like 1

c-series don

I used the 1982 Lincoln light pewter which is correct for my 1984 GT 1800 

BABCB393-E32D-4729-925D-1DE36B3EB3AC.jpeg

• Like 1