Tonyp

Two Wheel Horse Tractor Day - Again !

Tonyp

Certainly two is better than one !  One for dethatching and one with the front end bucket (Johnny Bucket)  which by  the way is worth every penny and more. You can't think of enough chores for this accessory. 

The 86/310 ( bought new) pulling the dethatcher and the 79/C81  with the bucket  . Anyone who thinks this J Bucket is too expensive must own stock in Motrin !   

Next up , dethatch the front yard then poke holes in the lawn and seed.   

By the way I brought all the thatch into  the backwoods and gave it to  the Rabbits where they live. They sent me a thank you card !   

PS, over by the small barn with the doors open you can see the 2004 / 315-8 which is specifically used to cut the lawn. Three  is obviously better than two ! 

IMG_20190917_084509.jpg

IMG_20190917_092731.jpg

IMG_20190917_085807.jpg

Edited by Tonyp
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 4

Tonyp

By the way, the Johnny Bucket arrived in 3 boxes, after inventory it really only took about an hour to install. The biggest pitfall was that the C81 didn't have a hole in the LIft ARM ( underneath) in the appropriate location,   so I had to drill a hole for the lift actuator assembly.  I probably spent more time thinking about it than actually doing it.  Once that was done , and after mounting the electric switches for the LIFT and DUMP actuators, it was put to work right away.  I have read where a  few have said it is too expensive, well, I guess that's subjective.  Define expensive in USEFUL WORKING TERMS  . Me, I can't believe I didn't acquire one of these years ago ! 

In less than a month I have moved 4 yards of mulch, spread 5 yards of soil, hauled cut tree logs to the backwoods and  multiple other "tasks" which  previously required lifting ( by me ) and then just yesterday moved the thatch.   Just remember this is not a heavy duty accessory, it a light to medium duty.  I used to move cinder blocks around by hand for weight on other accy's..not anymore !    My wife used the tractor  with the loader when she trimmed all the front shrubs. I put the bucket doubler on, she filled up the bucket and drove it off into the woods and dumped it !   

I did also add 50 pounds of weight to the rear hitch.  5 x 10 pound  weights from Walmart at $7 each with free shipping !  Lord ! 

I have read on many forums where folks  modified a less expensive  loader, not a bad idea if it can be done by someone with the knowhow and materials. I thought about it but quickly changed my mind.  The JB comes complete, wires, harness, switches, two  actuators , specific mount for your tractor, and very clear instructions .  I read where someone asked what is the Return on Investment.  The answer was "Probably ZERO"  as it would never be put up  for sale !   And I would agree.   It seems like a lot of money until you start using it for all sorts of stuff.   J Bucket folks recommend getting it with the front TEETH and bucket doubler, I agree and did. It takes moments to install those items if you want to use  them.   A Power Driver makes that work seamless , on or off. 

IMG_20190917_100343.jpg

Edited by Tonyp
spelling
  • Like 2

Pollack Pete

I figure that you can NEVER have too many Horses.Any kind of tractors,for that matter.Nice to have a bunch of attachments too.BTW,very nice tractors you've got there.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

I was going to fab up one of those buckets for my 520... Got one from TSC that was built for an ATV but after figuring out I would be better off with a compact 4x4 with FEL... I returned it to TSC... But yes any thing beats a shovel and lifting heavy objects by hand.

• Like 1

oldlineman

Very nice attachment, could you please tell us where you purchased it and approxment price. Looks like a very useful item for us older folks. Thank you sir .  Bob 

Tonyp
57 minutes ago, oldlineman said:

Very nice attachment, could you please tell us where you purchased it and approximate price. Looks like a very useful item for us older folks. Thank you sir .  Bob 

The Johnny Bucket comes direct from Johnny Bucket, easy to find on google.   Pricing varies based on options, +/- $1500    remember though controlled electric lift and controlled electric dump, easy life !  Built specifically for the Tractor brand you have. 

tp

Edited by Tonyp

elcamino/wheelhorse

@oldlineman check the classifieds there is a used one for sale.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
8 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@oldlineman check the classifieds there is a used one for sale.

That's John (shallow water sailor) my "neighbor" here in Augusta county VA.

• Like 1

Tonyp

just an update, yep a bit pricey, I  agree , but for what it does and what it  can do,  its almost priceless.  My back is not priceless !   I don't use it daily but it fills multiple jobs as needed.   It carries heavy stuff  around the yard, it carry's the larger cut logs with ease, it moves dirt, it moves mulch, it moves gravel, it moves debris,  its  a wheelbarrow and a shovel with a tractor behind it !    

Not a single issue with installation or operation since the day of installation.   My opinion, seeing that what I paid for was an attachment for an exact fit to my  tractor, it was exactly as expected.   I installed it and started using it within a hour or so. 

I made one small modification to the installation, mounting the rear of the lift actuator  it to the lift bar assembly , but I actually didn't need  to.  That modification took maybe an extra 15 min.   

I do have it  mounted on a 3rd tractor, a C81 which is basically a yard mule. 50 pounds of weight at the rear hitch. 

All is well !