Lonnie

Manual

Lonnie

Good Day to all. 

Does anyone know where I can get a owner, service, parts and repair parts manual for a 1962 model 552 .thank You for your time.  

wallfish

:WRS:

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 1

oliver2-44

:text-welcomeconfetti:lots of friendly helpful members here.

• Like 1

rjg854

:WRS:  @Lonnie  did you get what you needed?

953 nut
9 hours ago, Lonnie said:

Good Day to all. 

Does anyone know where I can get a owner, service, parts and repair parts manual for a 1962 model 552 .thank You for your time.  

There isn't a service manual for your :wh: but we do have service manuals for the engine and the transmission if you need them. There are also a lot of good informational threads on this site covering various aspects of :wh:  repair and restoration.

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

Looks like everyone above has you covered!  :text-welcomeconfetti: The best tractor 

Site on the planet! We call it  :rs:and :wwp:

• Like 1

Achto

Lonnie
4 hours ago, 953 nut said:

There isn't a service manual for your :wh: but we do have service manuals for the engine and the transmission if you need them. There are also a lot of good informational threads on this site covering various aspects of :wh:  repair and restoration.

05491607-C835-4461-A12B-1BDB90F6BDB5.jpeg

FFEEF2B1-23B6-44FC-891F-61AB354A1118.jpeg

09087437-A0AC-480D-9B4A-DC5363CBDF9B.jpeg

BAC12A7E-64A9-43AA-B842-E7D09FF23155.jpeg

B356735A-E272-4D9E-AD8D-909053E6C165.jpeg

16558B8A-7763-4914-93DD-BA6CE3CBCD25.jpeg

• Excellent 3

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:

Looks like a very complete nicely maintained :wh:.   Don't think I would change a thing.           :text-bravo:

wallfish

The engine has been upgraded to a Kohler which appears to be an 8hp K181 but it could be a 7hp. The number is on the engine plate. That's the engine manual you will need

The original engine for a 552 would have been a 5.5 hp Tecumseh/Lauson

• Like 1

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:but what 'Fish is sayin might be a good thing..

:text-coolphotos: & :WRS:

• Thanks 1

Lonnie
15 hours ago, rjg854 said:

:WRS:  @Lonnie  did you get what you needed?

Thank you , the motor is supposed to run but I don’t want to try it until I find and buy the glass bulb that holds the gas. One on it looks like has calcium or something in it. 

953 nut
10 hours ago, Lonnie said:

glass bulb that holds the gas. One on it looks like has calcium or something in it.

You could probably get it cleaned up with a household product like CLR or anything with Phosphoric Acid in it,

WHX??
18 hours ago, Lonnie said:

glass bulb that holds the gas

That would be a sediment bowl. You can try and clean it but seldom do they come apart and go back together with out leaking. You can get just the glass and gasket separate but often  best to just get a whole new one. I would recommend an inline filter and new gas lines  as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEDIMENT-BOWL-FUEL-FILTER-BRIGGS-KOHLER-PART-393169-690612/201297119434?epid=2046087788&hash=item2ede3e48ca:g:9-wAAOSwBahU8TNg

• Excellent 1

Lonnie
4 hours ago, WHX24 said:

That would be a sediment bowl. You can try and clean it but seldom do they come apart and go back together with out leaking. You can get just the glass and gasket separate but often  best to just get a whole new one. I would recommend an inline filter and new gas lines  as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEDIMENT-BOWL-FUEL-FILTER-BRIGGS-KOHLER-PART-393169-690612/201297119434?epid=2046087788&hash=item2ede3e48ca:g:9-wAAOSwBahU8TNg

Thank you very much , will order it , do you know what in-line filter and gas line I need? Thanks for being so kind with me as I know nothing. 

Lonnie
4 hours ago, WHX24 said:

I ordered what you sent me on eBay 

WHX??

No problem on knowing nothing Lonnie. I have been into :wh: for many years and still know nothing but lean heavily on the crew here to educate me! :)

You will need a length of standard 1/4 fuel line and a off the shelf filter that is very common. If one of the other fellas would kindly post a :text-link: to their favorite filter please do. 

• Like 1

953 nut
27 minutes ago, Lonnie said:

do you know what in-line filter and gas line I need?

1/4" rubber fuel line and a regular see-through fuel filter will do the trick.        @WHX24 types faster than me!

Image result for see through plastic gas filter

WHX??

Thank you Richard I ain't smart enough to do links on a stupid tablet either.

Sediment bowls are old skool and cool but many here don't like them  as they tend to leak and often don't catch all the dirt. The filters above are readily available at most hardware stores or on line. Let us know you need more help.

• Like 1