The Tuul Crib

Three kohlers

The Tuul Crib

Found these on Facebook from a local guy that was needing some cash.  He just received word that he has some sort of cancer and was trying to clear out some of his collection. Buy just spinning they seem 

to have compresion  but I will know more once I start dismantling.  The K301 has a gear reduction on it which maybe I could find someone who needs it. The two

k181s l can probably get running. Nice to have some back up in stock

08FD8E69-A05E-46C2-8631-7361F3F985AB.jpeg

82E6565F-2411-44EC-8D4A-E61CBA74BB58.jpeg

B0C6DD9E-E945-49D2-AFA4-172CD08E1814.jpeg

C9EFCBC2-14B7-406B-BA27-598F1F201030.jpeg

F3A6BECD-AC30-47B0-8EEC-BF202BB11626.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

The Tuul Crib

So I got home today and decided to tear into the K301 and when I got the gear reduction off I had realized that this crank in this motor is designated for the gear reduction usage. Which would've been for a concrete mixer. This is definitely a learning curve for me. I did contact the guy that I got these motors from and he does have an extra crank that will work. 

776E3321-1E06-4EE6-A5D8-F5AA5469ECC7.jpeg

• Like 1

oldredrider

Let me know if you want to unload that crank and gear reduction unit. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by oldredrider

WHNJ701

any chance you get to buy old kohlers or older briggs take it.  always good to a shelf full of engines ready for something.

nothing wrong with gear  reduction parts.  they seem to sell quick when I come across them, guys want them for old walk behinds or ??

Edited by jabelman

oldredrider

Got a few myself...and there's more.

20190918_195456.jpg

• Thanks 1

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Any time a guy comes across an K  or M for a decent price take em Cribs. Old Red knows.. parts is always parts and you can often build a good motor off a couple some would pass as scrap. Cranks are fairly common yet for a 301. I recently scored these 90/91s cheap figuring I I could get one out of them plus some parts to make some friends. The shrouds alone were worth it. I ain't forgotten Jim @oliver2-44 you got dibs on a crank. Now just time to disassemble, clean & sort! 

20190117_144915.jpg

Edited by WHX24

WHNJ701
20 minutes ago, oldredrider said:

Got a few myself...and there's more.

20190918_195456.jpg

don't mess with this guy... he bench presses all those weights 

• Haha 3

WHX??

What weights Jason. .I'm too busy eyeballin that SG K on the bench! :lol: 161 maybe 181???

oliver2-44

@WHX24 you and I are on the same schedule.  Due to other priorities, my tractor projects couldn't nove any slower.  I'll finally be ready for that crank about the time you get it out. 

WHX??

Gotta get at them soon Jim ...tired of tripping over them! :)

richmondred01
On 9/18/2019 at 6:25 PM, The Tool Crib said:

So I got home today and decided to tear into the K301 and when I got the gear reduction off I had realized that this crank in this motor is designated for the gear reduction usage. Which would've been for a concrete mixer. This is definitely a learning curve for me. I did contact the guy that I got these motors from and he does have an extra crank that will work. 

776E3321-1E06-4EE6-A5D8-F5AA5469ECC7.jpeg

It’s a Gravely configuration.

for it to work on your wheel horse, as you stated a replacement crank and also shims to mount the pto lever to account for the lip in the block.

Edited by richmondred01