Sign in to follow this  
BMW1

D series transaxle axle bearing and seal installation question

BMW1

I have not had to do this before and want to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

Picture of bearing and seal is attached.

Is the bearing supposed to fit in the groove of the oil seal or is the seal supposed to flush against the bearing?  I think the latter is correct?

Thanks

Dseries rear axle bearing and seal.jpg

pfrederi

push the bearing in about 1/4" in from end of axle housing.  press seal in flush with end of axle housing.  Seal doesn't  touch bearing. If you push the seal up against the bearing you can deform the lip so it does not  seal nicely on the axle shaft

• Like 2

BMW1

Thank You!!!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Southern_Secret
      By Southern_Secret
      Hello fellow Horse Heads long time no post for me, life gets crazy & a lot of things change sometimes but anyhoo. So back a few years ago when I first got my 1994 314-H I had it at my shop going threw it. One of my customers walk past as im working and said, you know I think Iv got a Wheel Horse & im thinking "no you dont buddy". I give him my # to send pics thinking it was a big waste of time & after getting the pics I realized he did have a Wheel Horse! I hand shake bought it right there, asked him to bring it to my store & he said no problem. Well after almost 2 years it is finally in my orbit. I know very little about it other than his father-inlaw got it new and used it around his house moving snow and stuff. His father inlaw moved down south here when his daughter got married and gave the tractor to my customer because he had a farm & his the inlaw had no use for it anymore. Same with every barn find, "it was running when parked" 8 years ago, said one of the axel seal is leaking. Im happy and hope I can get it back in running order soon cause it is going to be handy around the truck farm!!

I will post Pics as soon as I reinstate my membership

• Swemill
      By Swemill
      Hi everyone!
      Long time since i was here and my old pics is gone from the forum.
      I just uploaded a movie with pics on youtube, and thought i could share it for you guys.
      I would love to get some comments on my Youtube channel, from you true Wheel Horse fans! 

Thanks and Best Regards  

• 87buickt
      By 87buickt
      Listing for a friend, late 70s I believe D200 deck and plow. Been sitting for a while, make reasonable offer, friend also has tons of literature he may part with, if Interested let me know

• Nathan W
      By Nathan W
      Does this look factory for 1976 

• wh315-8
      By wh315-8
      Anyone be able to measure out the Top Link Bar for the 50” D Series Tiller?
      Just finished rebuilding a tiller, have a adjustable type but would like to put a original type on like the manual has listed.