jason dewitt

need mower deck info

jason dewitt

hey guys and gals got a wheel horse here its a cross between a c-101 and a c-121 its got a 42 inch deck question is do i use the leaver that adjusts the rear wheels on deck for cut heigth or do i use the knob in the middle of my legs on tractor this is my first horse sorry if stupid question 

20190910_182601.jpg

jason dewitt

other side lol 

20190910_182555.jpg

Edited by jason dewitt

daveoman1966

The height of cut is set by the small lever near the discharge chute of the mower deck.  The BIG lever...on the left side...is to raise and lower the deck.  It should lock into the UP position when you pull the lever all the way back.  

gwest_ca

Here are manuals just a bit newer than your tractor. May not be the same model of mower but the basic design never changed from at least 1973-2011.

Garry

clueless

leaver on deck:thumbs:

jason dewitt

ok then what is the knob for by the big leaver is it for when you have a plow or something on it ??   the knob im talking about is on the left side of this pic .

20190909_174909.jpg

Burnerman

Yes it is used to limit the down travel of the attachment arm. It’s useful for me using my plow. You can limit the down travel of the mower deck but the deck wheels and the attachment frame on the deck are what are designed to control the height of cut. 

• Excellent 1