CountryRock

Jumper/Booster Pack Suggestions

CountryRock

I'm looking into getting a Jumper/Booster pack, not just for the tractors, but for all around use.  Preferably a lithium ion one of some kind.  What does everybody use for one?

• Like 1

JoeM

I have a Schumacher lead acid one, works okay, I think it is 1200 amp. Used it to jump a couple cars, a few tractors and one night used the AC inverter to run a CPAP. (I think it would have ran that CPAP for a week) didn't use much battery. Has a compressor and it is pretty weak. But did use it on a trip to fill a low trailer tire, just took a while. I like the idea of the lithium ones, but brought this one on the quick.

I pretty much take it on all tractor purchase runs and that has paid off when the own says, "Oh the battery is dead, can't start it!"

Going on three years now and still works fine. (hope not to jinx myself)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Good thread Country as these are things we all could use at one time or another. Don't know too much about them but some claim they can  start  semi if needed. All I can tell you is don't but one branded Peak. Was nothing but cheap Chinese junk I inheritied  from my dad's estate. Brand new in box and thing wold not hold a charge. And a phone call told me I was screwed.  Just sayin...

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

I have had a couple of the harbor freight jump boxes and had good luck with them. The thing with those are you need to keep them plugged in at all times and use them. If they sit not used and not plugged in, they don't work well. 

I have a couple of the lithium ones and not impressed. Same deal, work best when new and used. If you keep one in your car and it wont start on a cold day, it still isn't gonna start with a cold lithium jump box. 

Just my .02 guys. 

Randy