hayshaker

Howdy to all, just signed up

hayshaker

This looks like an interesting informative bunch.     a good place to start, as I just recently got a hold of this rig.  A  farmer was cleaning out his shed.   He bought it new in 78, says its a  c121,  the id tag is covered in thick paint.    Have not had much time to mess with.   Is this a good tractor?   Runs and drives good.  Tires are shot as well as the seat and paint.  Got everything for 50 bucks to get it out of his way.     Also have a c160 from a relative,  tough shape,but runs.   Which is one would be worth getting spiffed up?        Hope to visit with you folks soon          thanks

20190901_180816.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

Terry M

:text-welcomeconfetti:

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

WOW!  Smoking good deal!!!

76c12091520h

For $50.00 bucks you stole it ! Yes it's a great tractor, well built, simple to work on and parts are plentiful.  Welcome, you're in the right place :wh:

953 nut

:WRS:

:text-coolphotos:           All of those attachments will also work on the C-160.   As to witch one you may want to spiffy up a bit I would say do them both, one at a time.        :twocents-02cents:

• Like 3

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:WRS:

:text-coolphotos:           All of those attachments will also work on the C-160.   As to witch one you may want to spiffy up a bit I would say do them both, one at a time.        :twocents-02cents:

:text-yeahthat:

Both great rigs!!

Keep an implement on each.

Then buy more .....

:D

Sparky

Great score! 

Keep em both....while your repairing or restoring one you can use the other to mow or clear snow. 

Even though these are tough machines, keep in mind that your C121 is 41 years old and your C160 is even older....stuff happens including breakdowns. I always have at least two machines ready at all times. If I do have a breakdown I don’t have to rush to get it fixed.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

AMC RULES

893251213_RS-WelcomeWagon.jpg.b727cb20831787f093b45f39d563245d.jpg

rjg854

:WRS: @hayshaker  I have to agree, keep them both if you have the room for them.  Those implements will work on either tractor, so you won't have to change the as often.  When you have snow removal to do, you can have a plow on one of them and the blower on the other.  Both those come in handy depending on what type of snow you have to deal with, ;)

• Like 1

Pullstart

Welcome @hayshaker!  $50 you’ve got to be kidding me!  Great deal!

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Like an NOS snowblower there.  :text-woo:

• Like 1

peter lena

were you wearing a mask on that deal  !   terrific  pick up , hope you do well with it, pete

hayshaker

Maybe I should give him more for it-yet he was happy for it to be gone.   This is the c160 #1  0480  9 .     Sorry about the non red,  the kid and I fixed it up when she was 8,  now she is 18 at college and has other interests.  To me it seems the 160 and 121 are as good or better than the cub.     Thanks for the welcome20190902_084001.jpg.9399389184c25993f94146b0848088fe.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, hayshaker said:

the 160 and 121 are as good or better than the cub

Pretty comparable capability I think but the Wheelhorses are definitely easier to repair and maintain.

Nice rigs, both.

Razorback

Nice!!

I also have a C160 and a Cub Cadet 123, among a few others...... I would have a hard time parting with either one.

The Tuul Crib

Obviously the PO didnt know what he had. 

Gongrats and enjoy!! 

:text-welcomeconfetti:ti:rs:

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:

What a score!!!  I'd keep them both.  They are both great machines.

Pullstart

@PeacemakerJack can tell you what he thinks about that yellow one @hayshaker, you won’t need to run with your tail between your legs for a different color...  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

Welcome to the best GT forum in cyberspace—plenty of info here, lots of great pics, awesome moderators, easy to use site, etc—but the group of faithful guys make it terrific!  So glad to see you found us and you got a tremendous deal on that package for sure.

Don’t be embarrassed of that Cub.  They are what got me into the hobby about a decade ago.  I still own several of them as well as my horses.  The 123 was the first hydro cub offered by IH in about 1966.  They were beat to market by about 6 months with the :wh: 875 and 1075 offerings.  I personally would love to see you start a thread in the off topic section with that tractor and include some pics of the build with your daughter provided that you have some.  I am doing the same with each of my four kids.  

Have fun surfing the site and getting to know the gang.  You have a great start to your stable with those two staple :wh:‘s!  

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1