SylvanLakeWH

C-85...95...105...

Pullstart

That’s a pretty sweet creation you’ve made!

• Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

That is a mean looking machine for sure!  Maybe I missed it somewhere in the above text.  How much weight does that chain add to your tractor?  

• Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, PeacemakerJack said:

That is a mean looking machine for sure!  Maybe I missed it somewhere in the above text.  How much weight does that chain add to your tractor?  

Thx!

About 20’ total length of chain. Approximately 200 lbs. total...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

My son is back from University of Utah for the Christmas break. Decided to cruise the hood with the old man on the WHrat WHrecker... I of course drove the sensible C105...

Good times at 19 degrees...!!! 

Typical kid... texting and driving...!!!

FCACFB34-B183-4127-8AA7-E205C5495039.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 2

Pullstart

Hey Jim!  I’m gonna post it here because your PVC dually adapters reminded me of something when I watched the video...

anybody think this idea between two wheels with a bucket for a ring and some 1/2” threaded rod would be able to produce a cement filled dually adapter?

I think in the video or the comments, someone mentioned a bladeless sawzall to keep settling the concrete inside a bag.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

SylvanLakeWH
20 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Hey Jim!  I’m gonna post it here because your PVC dually adapters reminded me of something when I watched the video...

anybody think this idea between two wheels with a bucket for a ring and some 1/2” threaded rod would be able to produce a cement filled dually adapter?

I think in the video or the comments, someone mentioned a bladeless sawzall to keep settling the concrete inside a bag.

Love it! Great video @pullstart!

Yes - I think it would work just fine for dually spacers. Would need to create a bottom to pour the cement onto and keep even with the spacer. Then account for the bolts (I like his approach, but would add length). Not sure I would want any more weight on the outside rim though - I'm running very little pressure to keep the strain off the seals. So far so good! I'd keep the weight to the inside - so from the spacer in...

I will probably not be trying this, as the WHrat WHrecker is just for fun and spinning them, along with wheelies, is a big part of that... Don't want to much traction on this filly...!!!  :auto-layrubber:

Thanks for the great addition to the thread! If anyone does this please post!

• Excellent 1

Pullstart
On 3/21/2020 at 5:41 PM, SylvanLakeWH said:

Love it! Great video @pullstart!

Yes - I think it would work just fine for dually spacers. Would need to create a bottom to pour the cement onto and keep even with the spacer. Then account for the bolts (I like his approach, but would add length). Not sure I would want any more weight on the outside rim though - I'm running very little pressure to keep the strain off the seals. So far so good! I'd keep the weight to the inside - so from the spacer in...

I will probably not be trying this, as the WHrat WHrecker is just for fun and spinning them, along with wheelies, is a big part of that... Don't want to much traction on this filly...!!!  :auto-layrubber:

Thanks for the great addition to the thread! If anyone does this please post!

The reason I was thinking of this, is I am planning on picking up a FEL soon.  The rear tires I’d like to be very wide for the most stability... understanding that the weight should be planted on the inside tires mainly.  I’d offset that by using more pressure on the inside tires and just keep the others inflated to stay beaded.  Another option would be to use super wide 26” tires and move the fender and floorboards as needed.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, pullstart said:

The reason I was thinking of this, is I am planning on picking up a FEL soon.  The rear tires I’d like to be very wide for the most stability... understanding that the weight should be planted on the inside tires mainly.  I’d offset that by using more pressure on the inside tires and just keep the others inflated to stay beaded.  Another option would be to use super wide 26” tires and move the fender and floorboards as needed.

Kind of mulling over in my head if dual tires would be any more stable than wide tires.

Keeping in mind that the outside tires, as you stated, need to have much less air pressure I'm not sure how much ground pressure they would be able to give you in comparison to a single super wide tire which can be fully inflated and liquid-filled of course.

If you were to run dual 8.5 or 10.5 wide tires you could liquid fill all 4. Keep the outside set a gallon low maybe? To allow for extra slosh and expansion.

Run the inside tires at full pressure around 8 PSI. Outside set more like 3 or 4 PSI.

That would at least, give you all that extra weight of 5 or 6 gallons of fluid for tire in the outside set.

Pullstart
10 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Kind of mulling over in my head if dual tires would be any more stable than wide tires.

Keeping in mind that the outside tires, as you stated, need to have much less air pressure I'm not sure how much ground pressure they would be able to give you in comparison to a single super wide tire which can be fully inflated and liquid-filled of course.

If you were to run dual 8.5 or 10.5 wide tires you could liquid fill all 4. Keep the outside set a gallon low maybe? To allow for extra slosh and expansion.

Run the inside tires at full pressure around 8 PSI. Outside set more like 3 or 4 PSI.

That would at least, give you all that extra weight of 5 or 6 gallons of fluid for tire in the outside set.

The rear tires on my buddy’s 312-8 are mine and tubed / fluid filled.  There is zero air pressure, just the outward force of the fluid inside.  If I were to do the same with a dually setup, 8 could add 5-8 lbs or air to the inside and leave the outer sat zero rate.  

Of of course I haven’t even seen the tractor but will later today.  Maybe it has cement filled dually adapters and two sets of fluid filled 26x14’s!  :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bigtrx34

Missed this one when you started it. Glad to someone in the area saved this one. Doing a great job on the build 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
15 minutes ago, Bigtrx34 said:

great job on the build 

:text-yeahthat:

• Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Just an addendum to the build.

Front hitch. Specifically "Designed" to match the overall aesthetics of the tractor, with particular attention to the aerodynamic lines...

Only criteria - needed to be sourced from my garage, with no expense and certainly no violation of the Governor's Stay Home Stay Safe order... A couple of the bolts even match...

IMG_1276.JPG

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

couple of the bolts even match.

:ROTF:

Careful there... Someone could accuse you of maybe being a neat freak or something....

'round our yahd ( @pullstart that's Maine speak for "the land we live on") we prefer the older machines... But I love the super rugged look of the 'rat.

• Thanks 2

Pullstart

Looks good Jim!  Matching bolts... even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes!

EB, even if you typed Pahk thah cah I’d know you were talking about something.  Don’t you worry about me!  :ROTF:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH

Well... Field testing complete - works like a charm!

Nice to be able to move our 1972 boat around without the car, cranking my neck etc...!!!

IMG_1288.JPG

IMG_1287.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

Tractorhead

Nice solution and nice Boat too 👍

• Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Another addendum...

Added a winch to the back. Had this thing in the box for couple of years - now it has a home. Powered it with a dedicated battery. No charger though, so will keep on a tender...

Will be adding one more tow piece to her soon... :ph34r:

Oh...Lost the dually's in order to fit everything in the garage for the summer... :(

IMG_1310.JPG

IMG_1308.JPG

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Should be the final post.

Just added rear hitch to my WHrat WHrecker today... It is now my dedicated tow / tug now with front / back hitches and a winch.

It is a light duty hitch and the receiver is a bit loose when pinned in, but for what I wanted it fits the bill. I used a couple metal shims and it is now snug as can be... 

For what I will be hauling around this is more than adequate...

Its been a fun build... now just for cruising, pushing and pulling...

B6AF080B-B59E-4AF9-8C00-2851E1696509.jpeg

A025124C-F94A-41D7-9A78-5AE98BB01624.jpeg

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

I smell a WHRat in the stables... what shall we do?

Thanks for the delivery and short visit Jim, it was great to meet you and yours!

EE6F3CBE-A450-470C-BA04-2C2A4C0F4FBF.jpeg

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

ebinmaine

Well lookitt there!!!

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Well lookitt there!!!

Where?

• Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH

All I can say is:

62B80112-7915-40AE-9DBA-DF576694E71A.jpeg

6DD949E4-D33B-481A-9A6A-BE29F0AD3568.jpeg

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH
5 hours ago, pullstart said:

Thanks for the delivery and short visit Jim, it was great to meet you and yours!

EE6F3CBE-A450-470C-BA04-2C2A4C0F4FBF.jpeg

Likewise Kevin! Sorry we were a bit late...

Oh... Let me know if you need more chain! :ychain:

• Haha 3

Pullstart

I mentioned the other day after a trail ride with Rylee that the front end is a bit wonky.  The front tach-a-matic serves as a double shear for the front axle.  I figure if she has so much fun riding the WHRat, I should make it safe!

Trail Ride Fun:

ECBAD657-CC54-4611-9CEB-D14CB6F31C0D.jpeg.17b44dac3a14acef698080e7114a04d5.jpeg466BC993-15B2-4D5A-A447-769AD5B5149F.jpeg.871dd5fb4b48dee86150fddaf899a91d.jpeg25261495-B922-47DB-B07A-261D80B4D901.jpeg.504cbdf064b8551cd5f595ec5ca7b344.jpeg

The front end:

5FE8E6D2-3C46-4204-9B0E-D2CBECED0E1A.jpeg.24971c393efb22b79c8de05099f8784b.jpegF30B381D-388D-40A0-82DD-3047E70EE8D5.jpeg.772f1179cb5b470368fe84dde3bafbf7.jpeg88FD4B4E-C1C5-45F3-988A-76CF4ABB095E.jpeg.7feabe3672e1f0a4eeaa986deb7999f9.jpegD68BCEB5-F990-45E2-9068-341E099D1317.jpeg.85b146df043440cb98070ea7676118e5.jpeg3D3A2E9F-44F8-42DE-93B6-323E128F3DEF.jpeg.6e33fa84330f73eb54fa6b5ba77365ff.jpeg

This parts front end will get a little sliced up to fit inside the frame extensions and bolted (or welded) into place.  

EC719DF2-C811-48D3-A550-A3D952F88BEB.jpeg.3a12b3c64e5765128d3757b1f35ddc37.jpeg

• Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

Sounds like a good plan!

Glad to see the WHrat WHrecker out and about and bringing smiles..!

:banana-rock:

• Thanks 1