Stepney

Lawn Vac

Stepney

Hello, all. Looking in to possibly taking a long trip to get this rig. More or less all there and running. I like the fact that it's shorter then the usual models, and the engine is rigid to the rear end of the tractor. 
However I can't say I have ever seen a gas powered model .. sure looks like a WH impeller housing and decal. But I see no remnants of the original belt drive these all seemed to have. 

On that note. Does anyone here have one of the WH vacs? Are they as powerful as the Trac Vac and other models? Impellet housing looks about the same size so I figure it'll do just as good as the one I had some years ago. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 10.05.46 PM.png

• Like 2

Lee1977

I'm not sure how that blower mounts, but it is going to be a pain to dump with that tub trailer. 

Darb1964

I think that thing is back words, hooks up opposite as shown

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H
6 hours ago, Darb1964 said:

I think that thing is back words, hooks up opposite as shown

:text-yeahthat:... The long bar towards over the trailer tongue goes into the rear axle (snow plow/tiller) hitch and of course the intake tube should be facing the other side... I'm guessing if it belt driven there would be an extra belt off the mower deck spindle much like the power flow bagger systems.

gwest_ca

No one see the ivory colored replacement engine hiding in plain sight? Direct drive to the impeller.

Garry

• Haha 1

953 nut
7 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

a pain to dump with that tub trailer.

Open the rear hatch and trip the lever, gravity should do the job!

31 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

The long bar towards over the trailer tongue goes into the rear axle (snow plow/tiller) hitch and of course the intake tube should be facing the other side

:text-yeahthat:

Lee1977

If the blower is any good It will pack that trailer so tight that it won't dump and the tub trailer will make it worse.

Stepney

Yes, they hung off the rear plow brackets. The more I talked to the guy it sounds like it was a. belt drive originally, just removed all the parts.

My main thing is wondering if anyone here has actually run one. The parts list shows a dinky little 2-blade impeller compared to others I have run. It'd mainly be a leaf season rig, and we used to run a huge Trac Vac that packed up like a rock, so I'm quite used to that. 
Just trying to figure if the thing would really have the power to pick up leaves.. though it seems they are a bit scarce and info is hard to attain, haha. 

rdeanrj58

I have a leaf vac that hooks to the back of my tractor.   It has a canvas bag that the leaves collect in and a mesh cover that allows it to "breathe".  Does this dump cart with the impressive sides have some way to breathe ? 

Stepney
12 minutes ago, rdeanrj58 said:

I have a leaf vac that hooks to the back of my tractor.   It has a canvas bag that the leaves collect in and a mesh cover that allows it to "breathe".  Does this dump cart with the impressive sides have some way to breathe ? 

That's what this was originally. The new cover on this one has a vent in the top. 

Is yours one of the original WH units? 

rdeanrj58

No not WH. It was made in Lebanon IN.   Easy Vac I think is the name.   I'll post pictures later.   I would be interested to know where to buy new replacement hose 

rdeanrj58

Mine is named EZ Rake . I made a chute to attach to my Ford LGT.    It worked great. I may try to adapt it to one of my WH.  Need to find new 6" hose  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Stepney

Well there's an interesting little unit. Never seen one quite like that. Looks a lot like a Trac-Vac 260. 
I think you can get those hoses through Grainger? It's been some years since I last owned one. 

rdeanrj58

Thanks I'll try Granger.  Let me know if you get that one and how it works out 

rjg854
12 hours ago, rdeanrj58 said:

Mine is named EZ Rake . I made a chute to attach to my Ford LGT.    It worked great. I may try to adapt it to one of my WH.  Need to find new 6" hose  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I wonder if a piece of that flexible  6" solid drainage tile would work :confusion-confused:

Edited by rjg854
wording

AMC RULES

rdeanrj58

Thanks for the link amcrules. I wonder if the drainage pipe would be not smooth enough on the inside.... might cause clogging??

pacer
1 hour ago, rdeanrj58 said:

I wonder if the drainage pipe would be not smooth enough on the inside.

I built a contraption a few yrs ago and used a 10' length of the black drain pipe and it never gave a minutes trouble.

Was trying to get a system that would pick up pine straw - I had about 100 pines at the time - and that system was only marginally successful with the straw. I next tried a 'Cyclone Rake' and it is about 85-90% successful with straw - with leaves its unbelievable how it sucks em up!

rdeanrj58

Thanks pacer.   I might give that a try.    Would be less expensive I would guess 

rdeanrj58

Well here's how my project is coming along.   I took an old snow plow frame and modified it to go on the tractor backwards.  Then I put the leaf vac on top of it and fastened it down .   I got some semi rigid flex duct from Lowes that I'm going to try.  Still need to modify attachment to hook to the mower deck 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1