RandyLittrell

Name these wheel weights!

RandyLittrell

Just picked up a nice set of wheel weights for a nice price, but have no idea what they came off of. I have searched for every garden tractor brand I can think of. They are heavy, at least 50 lbs. No numbers on them anywhere and it appears they were silver first and white later. Hoping you guys know. I'm not selling, so I guess it doesn't matter but it will drive me nuts if I can't figure it out! I found one pic, but they were for sale and no mention of what they came off of. 

20190823_100433_HDR.jpg

• Excellent 1

ol550

Mine!!! :lol:

• Like 1

RandyLittrell
20 minutes ago, ol550 said:

Mine!!! :lol:

@ol550 I picked up a set of wheel horse weights in Sturgeon last year, you weren't paying attention!!

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Excellent 1

Herder

Those are the mushroom cap brand.

• Excellent 1

RandyLittrell
35 minutes ago, Herder said:

Those are the mushroom cap brand.

So just an aftermarket wheel weight? I still can't find any info online, but I'm happy with them none the less! 

Randy

• Excellent 1

857 horse
2 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

So just an aftermarket wheel weight? I still can't find any info online, but I'm happy with them none the less! 

Randy

USE THESE ON THE OUTSIDE,,,,AN ORIGINAL WHEEL HORSE SET WILL NEATLY TUCK ON THE INSIDE....TRACTION BECOMES AMAZING......:music-rockon:

• Like 1

Herder
1 hour ago, RandyLittrell said:

Randy

Sorry I am unsure, WVHillbilly has a set on one of his rigs.  He may know the manufacture.(?) 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, Herder said:

Sorry I am unsure, WVHillbilly has a set on one of his rigs.  He may know the manufacture.(?) 

I was told Montgomery Ward... But I believe all weights were made independently and marketed for WH IH Sears ect

IMAG6032.jpg

IMAG2684.jpg

• Like 2

RandyLittrell

@WVHillbilly520H  You nailed it! I didn't search for Monkey ward and it popped right up Montgomery Ward/Gilson. I will sleep better tonight!! :orcs-cheers:

Randy

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib

I have these very similar wheel weights and am in the same position. Can't figure out where they came from or what they were made for. All I know is they do fit and they look good.

A4F30F74-5EAA-44A8-912D-605451C2B5F0.jpeg

Edited by The Tool Crib
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Jctrades

I have  two sets of the same weights, each one weighs 63 lbs each.. I acquired the  first set  from my  grandfathers Gilson 8hp that tractor I bought from him. he told me he bought them at the same time from monkey/ward   I use them on my  c-120  and a c-145   ive been keeping a eye on the bidding sites for more of them but they don't get listed to much..  

Edited by Jctrades
to add more comments
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
4 minutes ago, Jctrades said:

I have  two sets of the same weights, each one weighs 63 lbs each.. I acquired the  first set  from my  grandfathers Gilson 8hp that tractor I bought from him. he told me he bought them at the same time from monkey/ward   I use them on my  c-120  and a c-145   ive been keeping a eye on the bidding sites for more of them but they don't get listed to much..  

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Jctrades

I have  two sets of the same weights, each one weighs 63 lbs each.. I acquired the  first set  from my  grandfathers Gilson 8hp that tractor I bought from him. he told me he bought them at the same time from monkey/ward   I use them on my  c-120  and a c-145   ive been keeping a eye on the bidding sites for more of them but they don't get listed to much..  the traction is awesome I pull my 8x12 enclosed around the yard 

RandyLittrell
51 minutes ago, Jctrades said:

Thanks for the info on how much they weigh! I knew they had to be 60 or so, very heavy. I gave $60 and couldn't be happier! 

And welcome to the site!! 

Randy

• Like 1

Jctrades

Thank you  for the Welcome.

I wish I could find them for that price! I paid 100.00 for the tractor with weights  for my first pair the second pair I paid 150.00  now I'm stuck on tombstone weights. 

• Like 1