Pullstart

The Adventures of Hot Wheels

PeacemakerJack

:woohoo: Beefy!

RandyLittrell
4 hours ago, pullstart said:

You guys happy already?  :D

That was way to easy, surely there is something you could redesign and completely rebuild!! :bow-blue:

Randy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

I slapped some paint on and greased the PTO bell while I had the belts off...  well grease must have found it’s way out...  I’ve got it everywhere!  I’ll clean the bell later, I don’t need it to plow so I pulled it off for now.

6C679CA2-9EE9-44E7-AD70-E5E88608D0A4.jpeg

7654CBE1-FFDF-48F3-A5AC-101BD70D3019.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
On 10/7/2019 at 10:30 AM, Achto said:

I think the second collar is a great idea. :handgestures-thumbupright: Might wanna grab a new belt for the hydro there Kevin. The cracks look pretty deep in that one.

:confusion-confused:         That belt can't be much over ten years old.              :hide:

• Haha 2

PeacemakerJack
50 minutes ago, pullstart said:

...greased the PTO...  I’ll clean the bell later, I don’t need it to plow...

WHATTTT?

you aren’t planning to mow Jim’s lawn or mine for that matter while you’re in town?

:teasing-poke:

:ROTF:

• Haha 2

Pullstart

I’ll get that right fixed up Josh, sorry ‘bout that!

• Haha 2

Pullstart
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

:confusion-confused:         That belt can't be much over ten years old.              :hide:

Don’t tell me the paint job isn’t brand new either?  :ROTF:

• Haha 2

Pullstart

Re-work, before any real work....

I think I meant to brace the lift point, but thoughts of paint got the best of me.  I see just from the weight of the plow that my cross piece has twisted a bit.  I am going to weld another plate of steel on to help stiffen it up.  After all, I don’t want to break my newest part in it’s maiden voyage!

19E9E59B-EF1E-4AAB-8042-2CCC04335EFD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

That’s more like it.

1BBDDA95-BB14-4A1C-8D44-099B7C3CA028.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

Speaking of adventures...

Hot Wheels is about to go on a big adventure behind the “Cheddar Curtain” pretty soon. :D

“It’s the final countdown”

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

Sure thing!  I’m getting the Off The Beaten Path Tour!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mudrig150

I like the cute little tail light. Big tractor, tiny light...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart

Well the weekend of plowing with Hot Wheels was some win, some lose.  It might have been expected too!  When I arrived, the battery was too weak to start is up in cold weather.  After a quick jump, I was up and running.  I was so excited to get into the field, I forgot the picture taker... so I’ll borrow pictures from other people’s posts.  I could have used more traction, which tires were a topic of discussion before I decided to come.  The truck tires simply load up too quickly when it starts to spin.  The other downfall was the lack of time for weight.  With a mixture of more aggressive tires and lots of weight, Hot Wheels could run with the best of ‘em!  

1B235FF3-622F-4628-820E-7F002A759C8C.jpeg

C50B9264-513E-4673-811A-06EFA8CC75BA.jpeg

E77D8859-0F99-42E6-A456-272CAA4ADB30.jpeg

B934F1D3-66D7-432E-8370-CD3EFA86FB05.jpeg

D0801061-CF27-4E20-90DE-DC11DF601486.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Achto

It might be beneficial to mount a set of AG's on some cheap trailer rims. Then you will have some run around tires and a set of AG's, (possibley already weighted)to throw on when you want to plow. Put the truck tires on for shows to save on hauling weight. Just an idea.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
29 minutes ago, Achto said:

It might be beneficial to mount a set of AG's on some cheap trailer rims. Then you will have some run around tires and a set of AG's, (possibley already weighted)to throw on when you want to plow. Put the truck tires on for shows to save on hauling weight. Just an idea.

That's exactly what I do with Cinnamon Horse

• Like 2

Pullstart

I’ve seen more pictures of Hot Wheels lately from Richard than from myself.  He’s filthy, but chomping at the bit for a winter’s night ride.  If there was only more snow...

60AAD980-283C-4B99-AB88-2BB2378FD171.jpeg

FFE98C7E-B81C-4889-979F-5AD3C34FB852.jpeg

A987AA47-CB84-4E7D-8AEE-F9E276AACE89.jpeg

AEBFF071-4914-4E1B-9EEC-69F40F88B4B4.jpeg

F182AFB7-2AE5-4DB6-B5FA-950BE2F51E43.jpeg

96B104B9-B34F-4FA3-BC25-9C2B84CC11D0.jpeg

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 3

Pullstart

Told y’all he was filthy!

454D59B4-7D60-4034-86E3-31216B411911.jpeg

• Haha 4

Pullstart

@953 nut Rylee’s going to parading Hot Wheels this Saturday!  :auto-layrubber:

• Like 1
  • Heart 3

D_Mac

I have something for Rylee if you will allow me to send it. It's vintage older then her I imagine. I got it with those dealers jacket and shirts a while back.

20210419_150155.jpg

20210419_220930.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

Pullstart

Hot wheels got new rear tires and wheels for a while.  He runs good but has a choke cable issue that is needing attention and possibly some looking at the carb bowl mods needed.  That bowl flapper gasket was talked about recently and bumps really make him flood out hard.  We’re contemplating turning him into a dedicated plow tractor.  But for now, at least the rear wheels match the fronts for Saturday’s parade!

F7C21C3E-72A5-4838-B573-58CEC4CCF0DD.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 7

Pullstart

Rylee gave her parade machine a bath in the sun today.  Hot Wheels looks good!

573F15E4-BD4F-4F86-BEF5-A0F875A77705.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 7

The Freightliner Guy

That’s one clean nice looking machine there:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

sjoemie himself

Those wheels sure do look good. What size and brand are they if I you don't mind me asking?

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
13 hours ago, sjoemie himself said:

Those wheels sure do look good. What size and brand are they if I you don't mind me asking?

As you may know, these big wheel tractors came with super heavy duty 4 lug hubs and 15” wheels.  The tires were 7.6-15.  I kind of figured out that switching to 5 lug hubs and 12” wheels, I can use 27x7.5 or 27x10 -12 UTV tires.  These are Interco Interforce II tires, the same company that makes Super Swamper tires for mud trucks.

• Excellent 3

Pullstart

@sjoemie himself forgot to tell you the reason.  A 12” wheel allows for much more fluid ballast in the tire!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2