Skipper

Where to find new front wheel bearings for C195

Skipper

Hi guys

The flanged ball bearings in the front rim is ID 1" and OD 1-7/8" and is NLA. Part number 104396.

I have searched high and low. Cant seem to find any NOS of aftermarket parts to fit. I am not that familiar with where to look in the US after this stuff, so I tried junglesite, fleabay, mc masters and google suggestions. Nada!

Can someone give me a helping hand in locating where I could get these bearings. 

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

Couple years ago I went through the same search.Checked every bearing supply place I could think of.Found nothing.I even considered making a brass or steel bushing like some of the older Horses had.Searched on E-bay for a while and did find 2 new ones.VERY pricey,but had to have them.Good luck with your search.Some will turn up eventually. 

Edited by Pollack Pete
  • Like 1

peter lena

hello skipper,  just looked this up , https://www.ebay.com/itm/4pk-ExMark-Metro-Toro-ProLine-1-323329-Front-Wheel-Bearing-OEM-UPGRADE/122790287496?hash=item1c96df1888:g:QNQAAOSwBChbcZXj    i took out the napa word , just using the bearing #  and this popped up, might be your answer  or  direct you to it, good luck , pete 

• Like 1

jimt1971

Peter they are the wrong size. John Deere has a wheel on their tractor that is the correct size for a 195 but it uses the more common 2 x 1 bearing. Bearing #104396 was made only for Wheel Horse. No aftermarket supplier will have that bearing. You may get lucky as I did by typing the part number in eBay every day and be ready to pounce if a few come up for sale. FYI Toro last listed the bearing at $94 each.

• Like 1

peter lena

yup , typically its a detail issue, but you have to have the correct bearing. hopefully a privateer w/h owner  might contact  back.  that outrageous price only adds to the problem, pete

• Like 1

tunahead72
2 hours ago, jimt1971 said:

... You may get lucky as I did by typing the part number in eBay every day and be ready to pounce if a few come up for sale...

You can also save a search in eBay and get alerts automatically.

• Like 2

jimt1971

now you tell me!

• Like 2

peter lena

hope you get them , pete

• Like 1

953 nut

:confusion-confused:             One option you may want to consider is removing the existing tubing and having a piece of 2" ID mechanical tubing welded into your rims allowing the more commonly available 2" OD X 1" ID bearings to be used.           :twocents-02cents:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RandyLittrell

You could also go to trailer hubs and wheels. 

Randy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Skipper

Thanks Gents

So fears confirmed. nearly impossible to find. 

I think my best options are the trailer hubs, or a set of used JD rims. When JD rims are painted, no one will ever know ;-)

How about 520 rims? They might fit, no?

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, Skipper said:

How about 520 rims? They might fit, no?

520 rims may fit but you'll need the spindle as well, they have automotive style tapered roller bearings instead of the flanged ball bearings...zoom in on my pic

IMAG3802.jpg

• Like 1

peter lena

noting those reinforced front axle base areas, i would favor the trailer hub conversion , that 2 stage blower needs all the support it can get, pete

• Like 1

Lee1977

It's not cheap but they don't ware out. 3500# 5 lug hubs and wheels. I drilled the new spindles and cut off the originals put the over the originals and welded them up.

SAM-0768.jpg

SAM-0763.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

76c12091520h

I have a set of 4, Nos, send me a private message and we'll figure something out.

0823192327.jpg

0823192327a.jpg

0823192334.jpg

0823192334a.jpg

• Excellent 2

Skipper

message send

• Like 2

peter lena

LEE1977,  nice change over on that front hub issue, i also like your heim joint steering joints, i have them on most of my working  joint areas,  steering , clutch linkage rod ends , pto  trunion rod end , they are very smooth and rugged , and eliminate the often  stiff and binding original set up , nice job, pete

peter lena

skipper , i hope this bearing find solves your problem , if you can get some, lucas  red and tacky  grease , in those bearings your  swap will be very good , and very smooth , pete