JaysHorse

C-145 Power Plant upgrade

Skipper
19 hours ago, JaysHorse said:

UPDATE......So got the engine in and partially wired up to make it run. THIS IS ONE BADASS MACHINE!!!!! And very fast. Not sure y but it is way faster than it ever was. 

Well there is a few things to consider, and check to avoid damage.

1. Your hydro unit is designed to run 3600 rpm max, just as your engines max rpm. 1:1 that is. That means your pulley front and rear must be the same size. If not, you may overrev the hydro, and perhaps cause damage, depending on how fast it goes. Check that as first priority. Measure the diameter of the belt outside, as it sits in the pulley. That is the only precise way to do it, as you most likely don't have the pulley datum data.

2. I have seen a heap of K and KT engines, and rarely do they run 3600 rpm at WOT. Often like 3000-3300rpm seems to be the standard. It may simply be bacause your Onan runs at the specified 3600.

3. It is also seen ocationally, that engines run in higher rpms than intended. If thats the case, you should dial it down to the correct setting.

My bet is that you have a faster tractor, because the old engine newer ran at intended speed.......... ;-)

Edited by Skipper
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

JaysHorse

Well there we have it. Couple of finishing touches. So my question is can I now call this a new breed C-185? Very happy with it either way. 

B26EA5CE-8FD2-44B6-B3AF-C9636BE1471F.jpeg

• Like 1

Mikey the Monkey

Yes! Love the new front tire upgrade too!

• Thanks 1

Rob R
On 8/10/2019 at 10:14 PM, JaysHorse said:

Anyone know the length of the original belt on the 145? 

Also anyone know what the trick is to getting the bolt on the under side of the gas tank out. It just spins. 

Really no trick has to be cut off with a cut-off wheel what I did is get a spray bottle full of cold water and spray so that you do no damage to the tank as your doing the cutting.

• Thanks 1

JaysHorse

I tried to put the rear weights on the inside of the rim but seems my weights are a tad to deep. Oh well. Still like the outcome. Need to pick up a 2” whole saw to cut out for couple more gauges. Fuel, voltage, hour

• Like 1