TonyToro

Custom front axle help needed

TonyToro

We had another pull yesterday. My son and Grandpa did awesome. Grandpa pulled 2 second places out of 14 pullers and Anthony did a 5th and 6th place out of 12. We just added 13” front tires to the Raider 14. It brought the front end down some but I’m looking for more rake. I noticed a guy had an interesting front end. I asked him what it was and he said he thought it was off a Suburban. It dropped his front end easy 2” more than ours. Has anyone used this model front axle? If so please let me know what you have used.

TonyToro

B28BE081-329A-4038-B287-4BC606848255.jpeg

i just found this picture of Steve’s tractor. An axle like this is what I’m looking for, or anything similar to bring down the front end.

Redneckdavis

Instead of doing an axle swap. Have you thought about just modifying the spindles?

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

I have built a couple of axles for my cubs I pulled. If you have a welder, you can build without doing any machining. 

You could start with these. Just moving the axle up this far will drop the front end. 

https://www.ebay.com/i/184331980483?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=184331980483&targetid=915850928613&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9023400&poi=&campaignid=10456336033&mkgroupid=106723176427&rlsatarget=aud-622524041478:pla-915850928613&abcId=2146001&merchantid=101490225&gclid=CjwKCAjw0_T4BRBlEiwAwoEiAU2Xyd_7YjCBuN6dmn2aAxRw3COtPnsLJCeis7GpH0Sp5EWW3SeUzRoCYv0QAvD_BwE

Randy

s-l640.jpg

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Like 1

953 nut

That is an axle from a Suburban on the front of Steve's puller.

IMG_0430.JPG

• Like 1

TonyToro
10 hours ago, Redneckdavis said:

Instead of doing an axle swap. Have you thought about just modifying the spindles?

I have been thinking about that but my front axle has an angle built into it. I was going to insert spindles through the top and bend the wheel portion then weld a gusset into it or was going to use a different axle but my club requires the front axle to pivot. Lots of thoughts so far and no actions.... lol

TonyToro
6 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

Yes... I was thinking about those go cart styles too. I used them on a racing mower. 
I was thinking about the complete axle so I could just swap it into the frame and reconnect steering, quick and easy....or I’m thinking it would be quick and easy??

• Like 1

TonyToro
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

That is an axle from a Suburban on the front of Steve's puller.

IMG_0430.JPG

Yes..yes...that one.

Redneckdavis

Definitely more work involved. . But moving the axle in front of frame Instead of under is a thought. More wheelbase= more better. 

I've been pondering that bc I'm going to be sliding my axle forward on one of mine

• Like 1

TonyToro

This tractor has lots of custom upgrades I’d like to do to our tractor. 

06E0CCFB-FEF9-4A62-B969-FECA4B680AA8.png