What model tractor / Sundstrand ???

1975 c-160 pump model # 90-1140

pfrederi

What is the issue?  Lack of power, leaks

• Like 1

bc.gold
1 hour ago, chev0545 said:

1975 c-160 pump model # 90-1140

If your 90 is an inline the repair manual has been up loaded to redsquare. If your unable to locate I have a copy archived online but need an email address to send permissions.

• Like 1

chev0545
2 hours ago, pfrederi said:

What is the issue?  Lack of power, leaks

ran out of power.changed oil & filter,didn't help after it got hot

chev0545
2 hours ago, bcgold said:

If your 90 is an inline the repair manual has been up loaded to redsquare. If your unable to locate I have a copy archived online but need an email address to send permissions.

wouldn't know where to start

bc.gold
1 hour ago, chev0545 said:

wouldn't know where to start

From tractor data I see that your hydro is a belt driven unit you need to find the correct service manual inside you'll find  a diagnostic section.

Symptoms along with suspected part malfunction, in addition the test ports will be shown along with pressures expected from each port.

Those test ports are the holy grail, no secret shall remain untold.

Not sure about your hydro but mine can not be bench tested before or after a rebuild due to the oil flow circuit, oil flows through the unit back into the transmission.

• Like 1

daveoman1966

The issue you have....power loss when at operating temp...is a classic sign of internal wear.  There is no cure, except surgery.  Your PUMP and Hyd MOTOR both need rebuilt.  It is pointless to rebuild one and not the other as the oil is common and the internal components are nearly identical.  It is the contaminated oil that wears out the parts.  This is NOT a difficult task, but is a tedious one.  Download the 4 section repair manual for starters.  I can provide sources to buy new seals to cure the leakage problem. I have also uploaded an Excel SS on this Piston-to-Piston model(s), but no sure where the moderators list it.  

I've rebuilt many of these...you can too as all you do is resurface internal parts on fine grit sandpaper...for the most part. 

• Like 1

chev0545
On 7/23/2019 at 11:45 PM, daveoman1966 said:

The issue you have....power loss when at operating temp...is a classic sign of internal wear.  There is no cure, except surgery.  Your PUMP and Hyd MOTOR both need rebuilt.  It is pointless to rebuild one and not the other as the oil is common and the internal components are nearly identical.  It is the contaminated oil that wears out the parts.  This is NOT a difficult task, but is a tedious one.  Download the 4 section repair manual for starters.  I can provide sources to buy new seals to cure the leakage problem. I have also uploaded an Excel SS on this Piston-to-Piston model(s), but no sure where the moderators list it.  

I've rebuilt many of these...you can too as all you do is resurface internal parts on fine grit sandpaper...for the most part. 

dmeyer2259@comcast.net