giantsean

Stumbling K241 update/questions

giantsean

Yeah while I was in it earlier this afternoon I adjusted the tang quite a bit to ensure pressure is exerted, and it was pretty darned toit.  Could just be a wonky float needle that will never ever be happy.

giantsean

Hey do you guys happen to know whether the chicom carb main jet and the Kohler OEM main jet (the actual jet not the needle) are identical?  The hi-speed needle is different which is why I'm asking. 

I'm debating whether to rebuild my OEM carb w/ the chicom parts and an OEM rebuild kit to see if I get a better seal.  The only main jet I have on hand is Chinese.

giantsean

So one big happy update.  I had bought another cheap chicom carb to see if maybe the one I had was just crap.  Turns out it was.  While it's not perfect, it runs at what I could deem acceptable.  So looks like for now at least my problem is solved!  I bought a couple of OEM kohlers on the bay for parts and still plan to rebuild my original one (or one of those perhaps) from the parts I have left over.  Always better to have more parts than not enough :)

I'll search separately but does anyone have a line on a rear tranny axle seal for a C101?  

pfrederi

1-1/8" axle seal on an 8 speed is CR 11050

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, giantsean said:

So one big happy update.  I had bought another cheap chicom carb to see if maybe the one I had was just crap.  Turns out it was.  While it's not perfect, it runs at what I could deem acceptable.  So looks like for now at least my problem is solved!  I bought a couple of OEM kohlers on the bay for parts and still plan to rebuild my original one (or one of those perhaps) from the parts I have left over.  Always better to have more parts than not enough :)

I'll search separately but does anyone have a line on a rear tranny axle seal for a C101?  

Take a look-see down through this post....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

giantsean
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Take a look-see down through this post....

Are you calling me an inexperienced, mechanically untrained and unskilled operator?  Because that's a little mean... and true :P

Thanks!  I guess that 8 speed was really old reliable!

Edited by giantsean
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, giantsean said:

Are you calling me an inexperienced, mechanically untrained and unskilled operator? 

It's ok.... Me too....

:lol:

• Haha 1