GeoffM

Levelling issue to 380H

GeoffM

The front to rear blade slope difference on my mower is almost a full inch lower than the rear when it’s supposed to be 1/8 to 3/8 lower, as a consequence my anti scrape wheels hit the flat surface just below height lever level 3, 

The side to side level is perfect, tire pressures are correct, the long rod forward of the rear levelling brackets is exactly 5/8 inch, the front eyebolt locknuts are fully screwed in and the pivot plate locknuts are fully forward in the hanger bracket cavities. I can’t find any worn connections and are at my wits end how to get the front blade any higher  - would appreciate any ideas thanks - Geoff

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have the tractor service manual?

Garry

GeoffM

Thanks Garry, I read the pages in your link concerning the chassis as I noted that my front axle is visibly loose in the chassis space that it fits into. As I only have one machine I am not sure if that is normal for age or whether there is supposed to be no lateral movement. I’m thinking that a loose fitting axle can cause the attached pivot plate to lean backwards and so cause the front of the mower to drop lower than where it’s supposed to be. I’ll follow that issue up next unless someone else has a better idea.

oliver2-44

Are the tires the correct size on the tractor.  If a previous owner put smaller front or taller rear tires on it, that could effect the levelness.

GeoffM

The tires are the the same ones still on from when I bought the Toro new in 2007, the pressures are correct, I’ll conduct some more investigations when I can in a week or two, thanks for your reply