Sign in to follow this  
pfrederi

Aligning a RM-366 Deck

pfrederi

I have been having issues with the RM-366 deck on my Commando 8.  It doesn't hang squarely under the tractor, the deck is much closer to the rear tire on the left side than on the right.  On occasion when you hit a hole and the deck drops a bit when it comes back up the right side alignment plate comes up outside the frame and jams in place.  You can see the plate is wearing as it rubs on the inside of the frame most all the time. (pic 1)

You can also see the hanger doesn't align squarely with the deck shell  (pic 2)

There is a lot of play between the cross tube and the bracket (yellow line pic 3)  I think that is at least a big part of the alignment issue.  Any suggestions on how to tighten that up.  I was thinking of trying to enlarge the hole in the bracket and put in a short sleeve of some kind. 

rub.jpg

IMG_0085.JPG

looseness.jpg

squonk

Since  the bracket is bolted to the deck shell, maybe a bolt or 2 loosened up or worse a shell bolt hole rusted some and the hole is already tto big and the bracket shifted? 

stevasaurus

I think picture #2 is where you need to figure out what is going on.  Something is bent, or the belts are pulling something out of alignment.  BTW, did you take a look at the attach-a-matic under the horse??  I had the right side come loose on my 857, and those fins would come out from the frame like they should be.  :eusa-think:

The Tuul Crib

Looks to me like the dorsal fin bracket is bent. Reason l say that is lm currently working on a RM 327 and it looked the same way. I actually broke the welds and 

straightned it. 

pfrederi

Thank you all for the suggestions.  I guess she is the victim of 50+ years of wear.  The looseness at the left end of the Pivot tube is a combination of wear of the holes through the Bracket and the drag link Pic 1.  That looseness lets the deck pivot slightly as you tighten the belts.  The biggest wear point is the groove worn in the pivot tube. (Yellow arrow pic 2)  Will try to get a better used one.  Also will do some bending of the bracket (dorsal fin) so it is less likely to wind up outside the tractor frame.  The tachmatic mount was tight and the mounting holes in the deck seem ok pic 3.

IMG_0088.JPG

tube.jpg

IMG_0090.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1