WHNJ701

it's 9am and I am done for the day

953 nut
17 hours ago, roadapples said:

worked for Alcoa aluminum for ten years. On the pot line, as they called it, where the aluminum was made from scratch, it would get up over 160° on days like this. That's actual air temp

I worked as an operator at a couple Nuclear Power Plants in Florida and on occasion had to make at power entries in the 145 degree reactor containment building wearing triple layers of protective clothing and a respirator.         :confusion-confused:           You know what;  the memory of that doesn't make it seem a bit cooler on these hot humid days!        :occasion-snowman:        

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Stormin

07am. Heavy rain over night. Clearing up now. 17c = 62f. Temp to rise to 19c = 66f.

LengerichKA88

Saturday here was 89 with a peak of 74% humidity. Reminded me of Okinawa, which experiences weather like that for about 8-9 months of the year. I only had to walk 450ft from the front door of my barracks to the front door of my office, and I had to keep a set of utilities at work so I wouldn’t stink when dealing with servicemembers. 

The humidity makes all the difference. The only thing I dreaded about Afghanistan was the heat, but even though it was triple digits the entire time I was there, the heat didn’t follow you to the shade simply because there was zero humidity. When it’s 125 in the sun and 90 under a 3ft thick concrete slab, 90 isn’t so bad 😂

Stormin

Low 20c's 70'sf. here today. Strong warm wind and rather humid. Supposed to be getting hotter as the week goes by, due to hot air from Africa working it's way north. Now is when I envy you lads with aircon'.

adsm08

I've been in Co Springs for the last week, 105 degrees, no humidity. If I hadn't had elevation sickness almost the whole time I would think about moving there.

The elevation was rough on me though. Day one: You are still dizzy at 6K feet? Cool, lets go up to Pike's Peak, that's only 14K, you will only feel like you are dying. Day 5: You are almost mostly adjusted to 6K? SURPRISE, we are doing brunch with your brother in law's parents, they live above 8500 ft. What, not hungry because of the surprise elevation change? Here is this extremely British guy doing British things in the most British way possible.

• Like 1

little red riding horse

would this help....

P1010112.JPG

P1010111.JPG

Edited by little red riding horse
  • Like 4

little red riding horse

P1010110.JPG

• Like 1

little red riding horse

P1010113.JPG

• Like 2

LengerichKA88

Little red riding horse, I see you’re a fan of antique air circulation. 

Ill see myself out 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

tunahead72

All of a sudden, I feel like taking a little trip to Scotland. :)

Stormin

That's a fantastic collection, Phil. They look really cool displayed like that.  :thumbs:

• Haha 3

little red riding horse
6 hours ago, Stormin said:

That's a fantastic collection, Phil. They look really cool displayed like that.  :thumbs:

I wish that was all of them Norm but its not even scratching the surface lol , at least they are easier to smuggle in without her seeing though not like a wheelhorse…. im still trying to perfect that one !! 

Phil

adsm08
1 hour ago, little red riding horse said:

I wish that was all of them Norm but its not even scratching the surface lol , at least they are easier to smuggle in without her seeing though not like a wheelhorse…. im still trying to perfect that one !! 

Phil

You think lawn tractors are hard to bring home and hide without the wife noticing, try doing it with cars.

• Haha 1

squonk

Turn all those fans on at once and sit in front of them. It will be like riding a motorcycle without the bugs in your teeth.

Edited by squonk