WHNJ701

it's 9am and I am done for the day

WHNJ701

I lived in nj all my life and in 40 years I think today is the most humid thickest air I have ever experienced, yuck!

got out early, got some weeding done in the iris beds, staked a few plants, got to see an f16 chase a plane out of the restricted airspace, that was cool.  so now I am soaked heading in.  going to hide in basement 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine

Kind of a stinker when you have to cut the air with a machete to take a step and then repeat procedure.

Luckily it's not so sticky up here in Maine right now at least.

Stay cool.

• Haha 2

The Tuul Crib

I'm sitting here watching paint dry while I'm sweating doing nothing. Absolutely and positively without a doubt in my mind 

Miserable !!! But thats  typical here! 

More tea !!

• Like 1

Pullstart

We are camping for the weekend while we watch our niece... simply because of the fact that our house is a not baby friendly from the flood still.  It’s 77 and heading to the mid 90’s and we are experiencing brownout / overload on the grid... and the A/C isn’t much working today.  Yay!  We might end up back at the house and in the pool 😁

• Like 2

Darb1964

Hot and humid conditions in Peru Ma.also,good for the gardens not so much for the gardner.

McGrew

Steveasaurus, cruel, cruel picture...  :lol:  its going to be 96* here today, and humidity is off the chart.   Heat index says 105*...  Any of you folks in cooler climates looking for a boarder?  I am also open to adoption!  Danny

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

pfrederi

Went outside for about 20 minutes to spray fungicide on the tomato plants (late blight thrives in this weather). Had to change clothes when i came back in as they were soggy already.

• Like 1

squonk
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

We are camping for the weekend while we watch our niece... simply because of the fact that our house is a not baby friendly from the flood still.  It’s 77 and heading to the mid 90’s and we are experiencing brownout / overload on the grid... and the A/C isn’t much working today.  Yay!  We might end up back at the house and in the pool 😁

Campground? If so pretty typical. If you're running your fridge on Elec, switch to gas if it still works. You will pick up a few amps for your AC. 

My wife used to work in a campground. They would have camper cords catching the grass on fire from the AC's running! I bailed out a few folks by getting their fridges going on gas to cut back on the power draw.

79 deg dewpoint this morning and at 11;30 it's at 77 with a heat index of 98

Edited by squonk
  • Like 3

roadapples

Personally, I don't like being out when it's really cold either. At least I don't have to shovel humidity....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

roadapples

I worked for Alcoa aluminum for ten years. On the pot line, as they called it, where the aluminum was made from scratch, it would get up over 160° on days like this. That's actual air temp. Plus you wore long sleeve cotton shirts and long sleeve cotton t- shirts. Hard hats with face shields, high top steel toe shoes and heavy cotton gloves in case of metal splash. You would be soaked in five minutes. Compared to that, this is a walk in the park....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Its hot as hades here. And will be worse by dinner time. 

Glenn

• Sad 1

ztnoo

Our local NOAA reporting station 5 miles away at Marion Municipal Airport (KMZZ), hasn't had full current conditions for about 3 days now because their thermometer must be out of commission .....thus no humidity, dew point, or heat index readings.

Here are the current conditions and forecast at Kokomo Municipal Airport (KOKK), not quite 30 miles due west of me. Muncie, IN, Delaware County-Johnson Field (KMIE) about 25 miles SE is almost exactly the same readings. Check the heat index ....... that's the real killer! Together with the wind, its like a blast furnace out there.

One word: UGLY!

703443568_2019-07-207-DayForecastforLatitude4049NandLongitude8612W(Elev827ft).png.0adf9e228acb7515c774dbe0ffa6b6e3.png

• Like 1

ztnoo

@stevasaurus,

Looks like it even worse up your way!!!

214428653_ElginIL_2019-07-207-DayForecastforLatitude4203NandLongitude8828W.png.187e0f74a416ec3aa36aa172caeda5b1.png

• Thanks 1

Stormin

Pleased I'm over here in the north of England. Been working outside all day and nary a drop of sweat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

WHNJ701

well 15 minutes of sitting in the cool basement I get a text from friend,  a bunch of people I haven't seen in awhile were heading out on the river on his pontoon boat.  so out I went, grabbed the oldest boy off his xbox, and we grabbed an Italian sub a few Gatorade s and fished and hung out on the river.  it was cooking, his boat has a nice shady cover but it was hot.  to hot for the fish too. now I am back in the a/c

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tunahead72
3 hours ago, roadapples said:

I worked for Alcoa aluminum for ten years. On the pot line, as they called it, where the aluminum was made from scratch, it would get up over 160° on days like this. That's actual air temp. Plus you wore long sleeve cotton shirts and long sleeve cotton t- shirts. Hard hats with face shields, high top steel toe shoes and heavy cotton gloves in case of metal splash. You would be soaked in five minutes. Compared to that, this is a walk in the park....

Good point!  It's all about perspective, as they say.  And hopefully we all work smarter today and tomorrow, using sunscreen (I'm bad about that), staying out of the sun when possible (better), staying hydrated (pretty good), and just knowing when it's time to give it up and come inside for a break (always ready for a break).

I managed to get a couple of good hours of seat time on my 310-8 this morning, just mowing, but it was plenty in this heat.  She's been a bit neglected lately, just recently got her running again, and happy she was willing to do all the work and let me come along for the ride. :auto-driving:

Edited by tunahead72
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1

pfrederi

I have a small AC in my shop office/work area it drains into a jug.  Has collected over a gallon of water since 11 am.

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

tunahead72
20 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Pleased I'm over here in the north of England. Been working outside all day and nary a drop of sweat.

Seriously jealous right now, I'd trade places with you in a heartbeat. :)

ztnoo

2037150974_Indianas12seasonsat75.jpg.77e4f566360392113a788d33fa61aed0.jpg

• Haha 3

Stormin

11am. 16c = 60f  :D

:text-imsorry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHNJ701

6pm it's still 91, air is thick, I think it can chopped and stuffed into boxes 

elcamino/wheelhorse

Went out at 6pm to get mail out box, the thermometer on the deck was sitting at 110 F , been in side all day . 

• Sad 2

8ntruck

I just keep telling myself that it is easier to fix cold than to fix hot.

Does not seem to help, though.

• Like 1

roadapples
3 hours ago, jabelman said:

6pm it's still 91, air is thick, I think it can chopped and stuffed into boxes 

Wish we could and save it for winter...

• Like 1