ebinmaine

Headed towards Rockland/ Owl's Head tomorrow

tunahead72
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

IMG_20190720_110228530_HDR.jpg.99edb60e6892efaa3b8b262b6bb2e63b.jpg

Love the VW bus in the background!  The older I get, the more I want one.  Yeah, I'm gonna be THAT guy.

Thanks for the pics! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 2

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, tunahead72 said:

Really?  I don't think so, maybe a 520H? :ychain:

Okay yeah.

THAT hood probably wasn't from a little 854....

:lol: 

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack
16 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

So impressive and amazing how many people are drawn to these little tractors.

People at the campground looking at them. People in parking lots at the stores looking at them. Many people at the show.

Trina was an absolute hit!

When I told the people looking at the tractors who was the one who did much of the work, they were all that much more impressed.

IMG_20190720_110235265_HDR.jpg.899bc17b59e635fd864b03befb914e3b.jpg

IMG_20190720_110228530_HDR.jpg.99edb60e6892efaa3b8b262b6bb2e63b.jpg

IMG_20190720_114438575_HDR.jpg.cf1f7a7155928e8aa0229b6709ec3929.jpg

It doesn’t surprise me that your tractors turned a lot of heads while you had them out and about.  You guys have done a great job resurrecting them and yet we all know that you still work them regularly.  Trina deserves all the praise that people give for the hard work that she has put in on both those machines.  It is so cool that you can share this interest together and on this weekend combine it with camping and a multi purpose show!

That first Cub Cadet is interesting...it was the first of the QuietLine Cubs (closed engine compartment). That looks to be a 1450 if I zoom in on my phone.  It has hydraulic lift but also the optional front hydraulic ports for a tilt blade.  I find it kinda funny that it is shown with a mower deck and a plow.  That would be kinda like wearing a tux with a pair of red wing work boots!  Just cause it fits, doesn’t mean that it looks right:ROTF:

Nice little horse—looks a lot like Caleb’s 854!

I really like that little Farmall Cub.  I got some seat time on Dan’s a couple of years ago—those are COOL little tractors.

Thanks for the great pics...I can’t wait to see what else you took when you get back to a stronger cell signal!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Here's a video of the tractor parade taken by our wonderful friend.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

Wildhorse

Great pics and video! Looks like a great time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stormin

Thanks for the photo's. :thumbs:

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
23 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

That first Cub Cadet is interesting...it was the first of the QuietLine Cubs (closed engine compartment). That looks to be a 1450 if I zoom in on my phone.  It has hydraulic lift but also the optional front hydraulic ports for a tilt blade.  I find it kinda funny that it is shown with a mower deck and a plow.  That would be kinda like wearing a tux with a pair of red wing work boots!  Just cause it fits, doesn’t mean that it looks right:ROTF:

Hey Josh,

Our entire wedding party wore work boots... guys wore black and ladies wore tan :dance:  

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

Awesome pics, Eric and Trina!  EB, you’re a big man to holler at those thugs how BBT did most the work!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

I love to build Mrs. Pullstart up on her talents, like how she can out fish me all day long, or how she taught me how to shoot bow and arrow, or how she maintained her own race cars between school, work and the track in the years before we met.  She ran hobby stock on dirt and also V8 enduros... 2 hours or 200 laps, whatever came first!

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack
8 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Our entire wedding party wore work boots... guys wore black and ladies wore tan :dance:  

I should’ve known on here that someone would’ve done that at some point!:doh:

You know the saying around here, “if there are no pictures—it didn’t happen!”  I gotta see a pic of this (either pm or post).  Variety is the spice of life for sure.  Did you guys have any special vehicles at your wedding (race cars, big trucks, vintage machines, ATV’s, etc?).  We had a whole lineup of motorcycles at ours...

• Haha 1

Pullstart
14 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

I should’ve known on here that someone would’ve done that at some point!:doh:

You know the saying around here, “if there are no pictures—it didn’t happen!”  I gotta see a pic of this (either pm or post).  Variety is the spice of life for sure.  Did you guys have any special vehicles at your wedding (race cars, big trucks, vintage machines, ATV’s, etc?).  We had a whole lineup of motorcycles at ours...

Our cake toppers were toy monster trucks...  I’ll have to see about finding some pictures :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Pullstart

This is a thread about tractor shows... here’s a teaser to prove it happened @PeacemakerJack!  That’s also the last time I was clean shaven, that I recall!

BC7F006A-E2F1-43C4-960C-2ABE7BF7AB28.jpeg

1123DD68-D904-46C1-8D39-FEE04CD1828A.jpeg

4CDE45DE-4375-4622-8C94-4AC733E5D059.jpeg

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

Awesome pics, Eric and Trina!  EB, you’re a big man to holler at those thugs how BBT did most the work!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

I love to build Mrs. Pullstart up on her talents, like how she can out fish me all day long, or how she taught me how to shoot bow and arrow, or how she maintained her own race cars between school, work and the track in the years before we met.  She ran hobby stock on dirt and also V8 enduros... 2 hours or 200 laps, whatever came first!

The truth is the truth man.

Too many times in this modern society we either don't share what actually happened or some people even steal the credit for themselves.

I think that's just absolute crap and a defect in personality when people do that.

Trina is the kind of person that would never ask for credit but does appreciate it when she gets it.

She's incredibly talented and does more physical work than I do on all of these builds.

She deserves the credit.

I'm glad you give credit where it is due, as well.

• Like 3

ebinmaine

Here's a video of a dump truck that Trina took.

Zoom in on it and you'll see that there's a large winch at the back of the cab. It's a cable operated dumping mechanism.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

tunahead72

Cool! :thumbs:

• Thanks 1

JAinVA

Love that dump trailer.Looks like a 50s Brockway tractor.I have been a member of ATHS for 35 years and I love trucks.

• Heart 1

ebinmaine
Just now, JAinVA said:

Love that dump trailer.Looks like a 50s Brockway tractor.I have been a member of ATHS for 35 years and I love trucks.

Hard to tell the year of a lot of heavy trucks from the mid-30s up until the 50s. I think that one is actually earlier in that range. I don't remember looking to see what it was.

That thing was absolutely fascinating to watch.

You should throw you and yours in a car next year and come on up!

JAinVA

Might have to think about it.I should check on the family steam loco at Boothbay.That little guy is in an elevated display case in the narrow gage exibit I don't do as much traveling as I used to but I need to go to Chester Vt in the fall to get dozer parts.

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, JAinVA said:

Might have to think about it.I should check on the family steam loco at Boothbay.That little guy is in an elevated display case in the narrow gage exibit I don't do as much traveling as I used to but I need to go to Chester Vt in the fall to get dozer parts.

Let me know when you go.

I'll be in Woodstock in November and my parents live in western Mass anyways.

Maybe we could meet up somewhere down there.....

I think that dump truck in the video had previous ties to your railway in Boothbay.