Stepney

1927 Maytag nearly finished..

WHX??

Always stop to look at them at shows. Your allowed your tangent with that kind of effort.

Bang up job on that one there and everyone here appreciates your time & money in it!! ! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

wallfish

Nice set up with the washer machine! Looks great

I've always wanted to get into those Maytag engines but I need another hobby like a hole in the head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

Awesome job on that. Incredible amount of patience and skill went into that. Well done sir.

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

That great!  You did a heck of job!

My Aunt's mother in law who died two years ago was still using a maytag tub washer. Electric of course. She was in her 90's. 

Randy

dclarke

That is awesome! It took a while but the end result was well worth it. Well Done!! 

• Like 1

formariz

Great to see someone restoring and caring about old stuff. Great job. Please post video of it working when completed.

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

Wow that brings back a lot of memories 

of the day helping mom use the wringer 

washer to do laundry! Thanx for sharing 

the pics! If you have any more  to show that would be excellent!

Stepney
17 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

Wow that brings back a lot of memories 

of the day helping mom use the wringer 

washer to do laundry! Thanx for sharing 

the pics! If you have any more  to show that would be excellent!

Haha this seems to be the general consensus wherever I post this thing. There will be better photos when I get her going, tomorrow hopefully. 

• Heart 1

ebinmaine

And video....... ?

Stepney
11 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

And video....... ?

Wellll you for one already saw the little teaser.. haha. Naturally. Gotta think of something really wacky to throw in it at the show. Perhaps a prison suit. 

• Haha 1
  • Heart 1

ZXT

Very nice! I also have a Maytag tub wringer-washer with a Model 92 on it, still in its work clothes. Runs great and is very cool to demonstrate at shows to kids. 

All in all, between my dad and myself, we probably have 40 Maytag engines, most of which are apart. 

When I was about 12, I was given a twin cylinder that a church member had found in a creek near his house, buried in the dirt with a piece of whatever it was bolted to pointing up where he could see it. It miraculously was not stuck, and after pulling the tank and cleaning out the solidified lead gasoline out of it, it started and ran beautifully, bare spark plug wires and all. I just positioned them so that they weren't shorting to anything and it was happy. It was cool to watch the spark jump at night. 

I took it with me to church the next Sunday, and when he walked out of the building after the service, I jumped in the back of the truck and started it. He was baffled that I was able to get it to run.  

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

WHNJ701

very cool, this one is still in my basement my grandparents bought it new in the early 50s, I never tried to use it but I think it still works or at least it did when they upgraded, it really just needs a good cleaning and detailing to make it presentable again.

20190704_121644.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Cvans

Used to like running the clothes through the wringer. Hate to think of how many loads of clothes have gone through those machines. 

Stepney

It took some time but .. here she is! Just need to polish the wringer guides and find someone to paint the graphics back onto the front. 

Here's a video for good measure..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I14mQqO2MpI

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 3.29.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 3.33.41 PM.png

Edited by Stepney
  • Heart 1