formariz

The greatest honor ever

Vinylguy
13 minutes ago, formariz said:

Regardless of how much I try and say, I really have not the words to describe how I actually feel about this, nor do I still understand why I deserve this honor.

John @wallfish gave me the RJ model he has been working on for so long, and has so fascinated all of us with its craftsmanship, vision,and dedication. Besides what it means as part of a hobby which is dear to me, as a woodworker for someone to dedicate so much of themselves into such an accomplishment and to then just give it to me, is not only an honor but also a testament to John's character, generosity and unselfishness.It is people like him that restores my faith in humankind. I say this not just because I am the lucky recipient of his generosity, but because those qualities are also evident to everyone that knows him by watching how generous and willing he is always in insisting that everyone uses his creations we know so well, his constant helping of everyone who needs it, and by giving tools to someone who need them such as in the case of Eric @ebinmaine and I am sure many others.

Even though I followed closely the thread about the building of it , and I recognized what kind of talent and vision was at work, it is now that I have it in front of me that I realize that all my previous opinions of it were greatly underestimated. The scale, and sheer delicacy of this object defines what is possible by human hands. If one looks at John's hands they do not exactly look like the hands of a surgeon but they can certainly do equal work. I have steady hands but they shake and freeze when just trying to handle  this little gem.

I have promised John that it will never leave me or my family, and that we will take it back to the show every year that I or my family goes, so it can be displayed on John's table for everyone to enjoy, for something like this is meant to be shared by all and not just tucked away as someone's treasure.  Also the first thing next year will be to take a photo of it inside John's hand so that can be displayed here at home with it.

So again John from the inner parts of my soul I thank you and I will never forget the kindness and generosity from you, which is right up there with your talent.

How lucky we are to have  John as a friend. 

I too will bring mine to the show for him to display.  Still speechless 

VINYLGUY

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 7

Pullstart

Congrats Caz on receiving such a gift!  You could see the joy in John’s face when he was talking about giving it away, it was really quite something special!  He also gave my girls their own RJ pine hoods and made their day!

• Excellent 3
  • Heart 4

ebinmaine

As mentioned above I can vouch for the generosity of that man.

Trina and I had met him once before about 2 years ago and we're impressed with him then.

John is a great guy. One should be proud to know him.

• Like 5
  • Heart 2

953 nut
2 hours ago, Vinylguy said:

How lucky we are to have  John as a friend. 

:text-yeahthat:       @wallfish  is a true gentleman, I am honored to know him!

For those who are unaware of what the vintage metal piece in the display is, it is the pin that connects the left steering arm to the drag-link on an RJ. John wanted a real RJ part in the presentation and that was the smallest (and most easily reproducible) RJ part we could think of. I pulled it off the RJ that @pullstart bought from me (prior to the sale) and made a replacement so it could be steered.

IMG_6193.JPG.7caa29fb65994448859afeb488044991.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

I never saw that....  so you’re telling me I’ve got new parts on an old tractor Richard?

• Heart 1

953 nut
6 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I never saw that....  so you’re telling me I’ve got new parts on an old tractor Richard?

NROS   New Reproduction of Old Stock!           One of a kind, hand crafted              :ychain:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

roadapples

I can just hear John, "ah come on guys, it's not that big a deal".

But don't mess with the patina. He hates his creations painted....:ychain:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Tractorhead

It is a honor definitely, to get such a beautiful handcrafted Unikat.

To follow the build was more than impressive enough.

I build as Teenager several Rc Aircrafts, mostly completely in Wood and in this Time most are not Kit‘s while they too expensive,

but while some has just a short life while flying, i didn‘t spend later on so much time on them.

So i guess i know how much love is in such a detailful Beauty included.

i still have few Aircrafts, but they‘re now just kit‘s to save time and go Fly.

To get a Gift like that, Say’s all about the Respect he pay‘s to you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SALTYWRIGHT

I HAVE KNOW JOHN FOR MANY YEARS AND EJOYED EVERY ONE OF THEM. I HAD ONE OF JOHNS TOYS(THE 40+ M.P.H. RAT ROD) JOHN IS ALWAYS THE FIRST TO HELP ANY ONE.     RUSS

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

formariz
42 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Trust me, I'm still an A  hole but once in a while it's a nice feeling to do something for others. 

The more you deny it the more you expose yourself my friend. Now I will have to add humility, self deprecation , and self criticism to your list of qualities.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest 88vic

Everyone here, a great, awesome group of people. Im proud to be part of this Wheel Horse family. Went to the Wheel Horse show for the first time last weekend. Every single person I talked with about parts I needed for my herd and some of Tool cribs parts, very helpful and kind. Special shout out to Mikes Horse Barn, the mower deck he held onto for me 6 months until we could meet at the show, it fit perfect and it was in excellent condition just as he said. You guys stay the way you are and dont change, the world needs it more than ever, sincerely, Wheelhorsefan16

stevebo

This year I spent a little more time than I usually do sitting under the tent with John. He was very happy to give that to Cas. In the flip side Cas was a gift giver himself. All good in the Redsquare world. John is a great guy for sure.

• Like 5
  • Heart 1

wallfish

Hey Caz, @formariz

That pin in the base will fit right into a hole in the bottom of the engine to keep the model from moving.

Something I didn't show you was you can remove the rear little pin on the snow plow index section and the blade will swivel. I'll build the mounting brackets and lift link for ya and bring it to next years show since I couldn't finish it in time.

Keep look'n around on it and you'll keep finding the little details.

IMG_6193.JPG.7caa29fb65994448859afeb488044991.JPG.3fbaec7e6b6df2da11eac6cb1d3f26e1.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 2

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, wallfish said:

I'm still an A  hole

right there with you John but you're still one of the nicest ones of those I've ever met.

great to see all the camaraderie in companionship being passed around the room here so to speak

@Sparky...

Those toothpicks man. Awesome stuff. Absolutely awesome stuff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

dells68

@wallfish, I’m the goofball with the long grey goatee that you helped out with a step bit so my son could mount his deck.  I’ve got to say that you are a true gentleman and friend to all of us on here.  Thank you for all you do for so many!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

wallfish
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

right there with you John but you're still one of the nicest ones of those I've ever met.

Yeah, just ask my wife how wonderful I am! She'll tell ya. :D

• Haha 5

formariz
4 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Hey Caz, @formariz

That pin in the base will fit right into a hole in the bottom of the engine to keep the model from moving.

Something I didn't show you was you can remove the rear little pin on the snow plow index section and the blade will swivel. I'll build the mounting brackets and lift link for ya and bring it to next years show since I couldn't finish it in time.

Keep look'n around on it and you'll keep finding the little details.

I didn't think it possible but it just keeps getting better. You probably will laugh at me, but it will be a while until I get substantially comfortable handling it. I wasn't kidding when I said that my hands start trembling when I handle it.

My wife thinks that I lost my mind. She says that I am like a little kid with it. I actually take it with me to wherever I am in the house for any substantial period of time, so I can see it.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

wallfish
Just now, dells68 said:

@wallfish, I’m the goofball with the long grey goatee that you helped out with a step bit so my son could mount his deck.  I’ve got to say that you are a true gentleman and friend to all of us on here.  Thank you for all you do for so many!

I know who you are. You're the same guy when we ran around look'n for a socket for the flywheel in 2018

• Haha 3

ClassicTractorProfessor

This is one of the reasons I am so proud to be a part of the Wheel Horse community and a part of RedSquare...nothing here but a bunch of truly top-notch guys...hope to make the journey for next years show and meet many of you whom I already consider friends

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2