The Tuul Crib

LED 1156 bulbs

The Tuul Crib

I’ve been looking around at different places today for a pair of LED bulbs to fit the 1156 socket on my 60s tractor. Can’t seem to locate what I’m looking for until I looked online and found them at I Save Tractors.com. Has anyone tried these bulbs from Norman yet ?  Are they very bright? 

It says they are 1000 lummens. The price is definitely rite!

Edited by The Tool Crib

Achto

I have these installed on my Raider 12. They are not halogens but they are fairly bright.

Anglo Traction

A 60s Wheel Horse Light unit should be similar to the version in my topic here where I had to improve on the Light buckets to make max use of the LEDs.

With the reduction in heat, I decided to also block of the vents. About halfway down this page(3) in post #68 may offer you some assistance-

74 C-120/Raider update

doc724

I would be a little bit cautious.  I put a set of aftermarket LED bulbs in the rear lens of my 520xi.  (not the same ones as above).  Although LED's do not draw as much current, somehow, the socket where the bulb fit became damaged from heat.   I threw them out.  I also had the 1156 (I think) LED bulb in the front lights.  I was not impressed and threw them out also. 

If LED's are designed into a light with proper reflector design, they are great.  I actually bought complete LED lens assemblies for the rear of my 314 and they were awesome. 

The Tuul Crib

I lined the bezel with some silver HVAC 

tape to see if that would help reflect some

rjg854

I've used the 1156 led bulbs in the headlight buckets on my Commandos, haven't had any sort of problem if fact I was very well pleased with just how much better light they produced.  A wonderful improvement. 

gwest_ca

Every led replacement I have come across has the leds aimed at the top of the bulb which won't work in the WH housing. Ones aimed to the side of the bulb can not be very popular.

Garry

The Tuul Crib

I just received my LED bulbs from Amazon and put them in IRV and was amazed how brite they are! These bulbs 

have  diodes on top. I lined the bezel on the back and the top which seemed to 

help.

7B993E0C-315C-4770-9F1B-8B6EC6FD8FA0.jpeg

Edited by The Tool Crib

The Tuul Crib

Here’s jn my shop with the lites out. 

At least l know l can work in my shop now when the power goes out!!

BCE00F6F-F10E-4187-856B-936D6E68A705.jpeg

IndyFord2

I upgraded several years ago. Don't mow at night, but on occasion need to see. 90% of my LED's come from "superbrightled.com". Its not fancy but this is my C-120. they are a direct replacement for a 1156 bulb

DSCN0704-1.JPG

DSCN0706-1.JPG

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

These are great bulbs ! I didnt  want 

to change the old sockets and keep 

them  original ! This worked great ! Now 

lm ready to plow snow this winter!

Bring it!!