c-series don

Who else is sad they can’t go to the big show ?

c-series don

After only missing four shows since the start of it, I’m sad to say I can’t make it this year. In previous years I missed two because of my daughters graduating high school and the first two because I simply didn’t know about it. This year, without going into details my life,family,work has become too busy to be able to attend. I’m very upset about this, I’m not kidding. This is like our annual pilgrimage for me and my family. Is anyone else in the same situation? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

WHNJ701

I was planning on making the trip too but my oldest has his soccer tournament that weekend too.  oh well next year, I would just spend money anyway and drag home more project's.

watching my boy kick butt on the soccer field is fun too!

• Like 3

ClassicTractorProfessor

Although I have never made it yet, I too am sad that I won’t be there this year. Was really wanting to try to be there, but already had previous plans to be in Nebraska the first week of July, and can’t afford to take that much time off of work. Hadn’t really thought much about it until I loaded my C125 tonight, then stepped back and thought about how I wished I was loading it to go to the Big Show

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

stevebo

Sorry to hear Don. I know there will be a few times I too will be unable due to family stuff

oliver2-44

I had plans to go and a hotel room booked.  This past weekend I decided it wasn't a good time to be away from home for a week due to some elderly family members health issues I need to continue to help with.      

So, I'm banking on next year!

:greetings-clappingorange:Big Show 2020 or bust!

• Like 3
  • Heart 2

Blackhood Bill

I'm trying but with a new job (1yr. in) don't have the time built up. BUT one day I will make this one. So for now I will have to settle for a few smaller, closer to home, and hope that soon I will get back on the GT1848 and have that one ready along with my worker and one I'm planning on retiring to nothing but a rider at shows and around home.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

ZXT

ME! This is the first year I've known about the show, but I'm what one would describe as a broke college kid, and thus I'm staying home.

I really considered it, but couple a low paying job with the fact that it's 1250 miles one way and both of my reliable trucks average around 12 MPG, and it's easy to see why I can't. I'd hate to see what the truck would average with a 18' car hauler full of Horses on the trip home.

Edited by ZXT
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Daddy Don

I would like to make one but with my health and the distance I can't make it. I would like to meet the guys on red square/:( 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

JPWH

I will not be attending this year as planned. I was looking forward to seeing some  old friends and meeting some new ones. I recently injured my foot working on an addition to my shop. After a couple of weeks of increasing pain I finally went to get it checked. Seems I tore the plantar fascia. Good news is it will heal eventually. Dr said 6 weeks to 3 months depending on how much I could stay off of it. I hope to see you all next year.

Jay

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, ZXT said:

hate to see what the truck would average with a 18' car hauler full of Horses on the trip home.

That trailer won't be big enough. :D

Trina and I had been discussing it earlier this year. 

We had already decided we had a little too much going on this year and really should stay home ... Then in February we had a major oil spill in the basement.

Needless to say that was put to the front and everything else was on hold for about 6 weeks.

We're really thinking 2020 ........

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

squonk

I came close to not going. Intense back and hip pain in January made it almost impossible to do anything. Surgery in Feb then 2 month's of healing made it possible but I still have my moments.

Real sad my buddy and nemesis @elcamino/wheelhorse won't be there this year.:(

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Pullstart
8 hours ago, ZXT said:

ME! This is the first year I've known about the show, but I'm what one would describe as a broke college kid, and thus I'm staying home.

I really considered it, but couple a low paying job with the fact that it's 1250 miles one way and both of my reliable trucks average around 12 MPG, and it's easy to see why I can't. I'd hate to see what the truck would average with a 18' car hauler full of Horses on the trip home.

Time to save for 2020!  I like your ways of thinking.... hauling home full of tractors!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ZXT
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

Time to save for 2020!  I like your ways of thinking.... hauling home full of tractors!

That's the plan! Any time i go to any kind of a swap meet I generally show up with an empty trailer and by the end of the second day it's usually full of stuff. 

Then I get it all home and have to figure out where to put all of it LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 1

JC 1965

Can't make it because of back problems. I'm hoping to see lots of photos form Red Square members that go to the big show.    :handgestures-fingerscrossed:  

• Like 1

oliver2-44
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

We're really thinking 2020 ........

OK Eb, :woohoo: we need to hold each other to meet at the 2020 show.

@ZXT and @Professor1990 Maybe we'll just fill a truck up from the good ol' South!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Sparky

I missed it a couple times in the 14 plus years or so that I’ve been going. It always tough being home on that Fri and Sat thinking about what I’m missing. 2017 was my 25th wedding anniversary (June 20th) so that year was a no-go :eusa-think:

ClassicTractorProfessor

@oliver2-44 great idea

67 WH 877

Id like to go, but i spent all my extra cash on the WH! I wonder:eusa-think: how long it would take to ride the old Horse to the show from MO.:wh::auto-driving:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Tractorhead

Because of Job i was not able to say, if there is a real chance.🤔

Today i can see it was to short, also with Fly and travel to the Show, i‘m arrive, when the Show is over.😢

but i keep it still in my Schedule for 2020.

hope it will work then.

want to see you Fellas Face to Face.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

OK Eb, :woohoo: we need to hold each other to meet at the 2020 show.

@ZXT and @Professor1990 Maybe we'll just fill a truck up from the good ol' South!

I'm showing this to Trina and telling her it's the official demand.

Of course you all are well aware that she's one of those women people and I put the word demand in the sentence above.

Oh yeah. That'll work.

:ROTF:

14 hours ago, c-series don said:

shows

Depending on which weekend it happens, we are hoping to make it to Steve's in the fall again. Hope to see you there.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Sorry , I can't make it this year , I have been fighting an autoimmune problem since January and then Mrs. El  Camino one upped me   and came down with shingles. 

• Sad 6

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

shingles

AAHHHGGGG!!!!

I had those when I was like 13 or 14. Literally could not wear a shirt for three or four days. That was terrible.

Here's to both of you and better times ahead.

• Sad 1

Tractorhead
30 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Sorry , I can't make it this year , I have been fighting an autoimmune problem since January and then Mrs. El  Camino one upped me   and came down with shingles

Ouch, nobody needs that, 

sending some Healing Prayers from my side over the Big Pond to you both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1