formariz

They just don't make men anymore

formariz

This really ticks me off. Bought a replacement carburetor for my chainsaw which is really not easy to find. Found one for a great price of 25.00, bought it and paid . One day later confirmation of shipping on June 1st, to be delivered June 6th.Tracking # supplied. Kind of forgotten about it until I realized yesterday and checked shipping records. Tracking stated that shipping# was opened and USPS was waiting for item. Contacted eBay through provided channels, stated that I wanted item not refund. Within 20 minutes I get a refund and a note from seller saying that USPS it was shipped and that USPS is really busy or it was lost and it was their last one. I check back into their items and there it is now for $85.00. He just opened a shipping ticket and really never shipped because he wanted more for it. Checking further into his feedback he has done this before.

What a low life. And to boot there is really no way I can make another complaint about him to eBay since they now consider case closed. Take your money back and just let that low life continue to rip people off by misleading them and reneging on his commitments. There just is no honor or  accountability anymore. If things were reversed and I did not pay they would be chasing me for ever. However this low life can just go on doing this and I cannot have my saying about it.

Sorry guys, but I feel better now.:disgust:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Sad 5

857 horse

WE CAN ALWAYS TAKE HIM OUT BACK AND RUFF HIM UP,,,,,,,

:laughing-rofl:B):o:angry-cussingwhite:   LOLOLOLOLOL      JUSS SAYIN

• Like 2
  • Heart 2

bc.gold

Seems to be a trend, my last three purchases from different vendors - same deal - shipped - waited - no show - contact seller - apology and refund.

Joined in June of 98 as a seller and quit four years ago just buying the odd item but those last three purchases dampened my spirits on that front and will no longer use ebay for anything.

bc.gold
1 hour ago, formariz said:

This really ticks me off. Bought a replacement carburetor for my chainsaw which is really not easy to find. Found one for a great price of 25.00, bought it and paid . One day later confirmation of shipping on June 1st, to be delivered June 6th.Tracking # supplied. Kind of forgotten about it until I realized yesterday and checked shipping records. Tracking stated that shipping# was opened and USPS was waiting for item. Contacted eBay through provided channels, stated that I wanted item not refund. Within 20 minutes I get a refund and a note from seller saying that USPS it was shipped and that USPS is really busy or it was lost and it was their last one. I check back into their items and there it is now for $85.00. He just opened a shipping ticket and really never shipped because he wanted more for it. Checking further into his feedback he has done this before.

What a low life. And to boot there is really no way I can make another complaint about him to eBay since they now consider case closed. Take your money back and just let that low life continue to rip people off by misleading them and reneging on his commitments. There just is no honor or  accountability anymore. If things were reversed and I did not pay they would be chasing me for ever. However this low life can just go on doing this and I cannot have my saying about it.

Sorry guys, but I feel better now.:disgust:

I think I've got the game figured, buyers doing a completed search find the sellers bogus $25.00 carburetor purchased and shipped, new buyer follows the seller link then without taking note of the adjusted price does a buy it now.

The sting, previous listing price $25.00 the seed was firmly implanted in the new buyers mind, what a scam.

Edited by bcgold

formariz
1 hour ago, 857 horse said:

WE CAN ALWAYS TAKE HIM OUT BACK AND RUFF HIM UP,,,,,,,

:laughing-rofl:B):o:angry-cussingwhite:   LOLOLOLOLOL      JUSS SAYIN

LOL. 

I wouldn't want to do that, but I should be entitled by eBay to state my complaint clearly and expose this scam. They themselves should be policing this kind of behavior but this way they are condoning it. Just refunding my  $25.00 and basically telling me just take your money and be happy, doesn't sit well with me. They can actually keep the stupid $25.00 if they would need it that bad. What would make me happy would be making things right and make this guy accountable. By the way his name in the reply came back with Chinese characters. I am not stupid and enrages me when people try to take advantage of me or anybody else in this manner. People in this country are just becoming too passive with this kind of stuff and are literally been taken for a ride by everyone. I am easy going ,kind ,and generous  but this stuff insults me.

Edited by formariz

Stormin

I once ordered an Isuzu turbo for a 2.8 diesel from a breakers. When it arrived it was one for a 1.9. Several phone calls and was told to send it back and my money would be refunded. That I did but three weeks later no refund. More phone calls made and ignored over another couple of weeks.

I just happened to know someone who lived not far from said breakers and was a local newspaperman. When I phoned him and informed him what had happened, he said that that breaker had a bad reputation. "Leave it with me", he said. Two weeks later I got my money back.

Six months past and I had a call from my newspaper friend. The breaker had been put out of business. Seems he tried to rip of the wrong people.

• Like 1

bc.gold
3 hours ago, formariz said:

LOL. 

I wouldn't want to do that, but I should be entitled by eBay to state my complaint clearly and expose this scam.

Become a majority share holder, you'll have yer say.

During the time of the IPO, told my buddy Bill there goes the eBay we know and love so well.

I joined June of 1998 back in the day both the seller and buyer did the policing in the comments and via direct emails. The bad apples were sorted out.

gus.png

Edited by bcgold

peter lena

stormin, its nice to see to see a puke get his due, pete

Sparky

I had a couple issues with eBay and have sworn off using it for anything. I don’t even browse eBay anymore. 

To risky and to many dirtbags on eBay.

rjg854

I thought I had bought a garden tractor lift,  real nice price too. To make a long story short, never shipped,  numerous messages sent, no response.  Finally opened a case, with Ebay, more messages to the seller,  still no response.  They refunded my purchase price,  but,  I wanted that lift :ranting:

Stepney

Had my share of these deals before.. really sad when it's on the subject of hit and miss engine parts.. that's some of the last items I'd expect people like that to deal with .. yet they do. 

A bit off topic, but you say it's a bit of a scarce carb. What exactly is it your looking for? I've broke up hundreds of saws over the years and had a thing about keeping various parts for other projects. 

Blackhood Bill

Bought a phone came broken very little response from seller PayPal refunded my 80.00 bucks and got to keep the phone. Just leave negative feedback.

rmaynard

I really don't know why you all have such a hard time with eBay. I have been buying and selling since 1998, and have bought and sold thousands of items. I have a 100% positive feedback, and have never had to leave a negative feedback for anyone. As I have stated before, check the seller's feedback before committing to buy. Anything less than 100% positive is a warning to me. If the rating is less than 100% I read through the negatives and neutrals to see what the problem is. 

Even if eBay has stated "case closed" you can still contact them if you still have an issue.

• Like 3

bc.gold
10 hours ago, rmaynard said:

I really don't know why you all have such a hard time with eBay. I have been buying and selling since 1998, and have bought and sold thousands of items. I have a 100% positive feedback, and have never had to leave a negative feedback for anyone. As I have stated before, check the seller's feedback before committing to buy. Anything less than 100% positive is a warning to me. If the rating is less than 100% I read through the negatives and neutrals to see what the problem is. 

Even if eBay has stated "case closed" you can still contact them if you still have an issue.

When you joined back in 1998 did you get a $10.00 credit towards your listing and seller fees.

Pierre Omidyar the founder of eBay started the auction for his wife who was collecting Pez dispensers and may have been the winner of a 6ft Pez clown - Peter Pez floor display.

I had stopped in at a fruit stand that was opening for the season when I discovered the display which was loaded with some unpopular dispensers that had aged with time and had themselves become vintage collectables.

Asked the owner how much, his reply $200.00 take it away. Whipped out my debit card to pay for the clown and the stores debit was not yet working had to make a trip to the nearest ATM.

The first to sell was the full size Pez clown then for the next year sold individual dispensers, was a good investment.

Casting fishing and scuba weight molds and Old Abe fence finials from my home foundry was the most lucrative undertaking. imagine getting $17.00 a pound for scrap aluminum by turning it into a useful product.

This seller in 2018 inflation,  is doing much better than $17.00 a pound that finial weighs about a pound, I would have offered second chance offers and been busy at the foundry pounding sand and pouring metal.

Case dealerships all had these finials and the originals were made from cast iron, aluminum are counterfeits.

J I Case Eagle Cast Aluminum Fence Post Finial "Old Abe" Tractor Automobile Farm

Sold - Jan 19, 2018, 7:17 PM $43.00 5 Bids, FREE Shipping

Seller: grd3tchr (1,036) 100%, Location: Monroe, North Carolina, Ships to: US, Item: 132468466326

finial.png

Edited by bcgold

rmaynard
14 hours ago, bcgold said:

When you joined back in 1998 did you get a $10.00 credit towards your listing and seller fees

That's a long time to try to remember whether or not I got a credit. I just know that fees have gone way up, but then so has the cost of everything. Interestingly, back in 1998, there were less than 1000 "Wheel Horse" items listed on eBay. A search today reveals over 12,000 Wheel Horse items for sale. I am happy to have a venue such as eBay where I can find anything, and I am able to sell anything. I told my wife that the difference between eBay and a yard sale is that a yard sale only brings local buyers, whereas eBay brings the entire world to your doorstep. 

• Heart 1

rjg854

true dat, Bob  I usually choose e-bay first when looking for anything

• Like 1

formariz
On 6/15/2019 at 6:54 AM, rmaynard said:

This is really the first time this has happened to me. I have however noticed not so honest things being done specially with shipping. I do pay attention to feedback prior to purchasing however this was one of those times I did not have a real choice. It was the first time I left negative feed back ever.

formariz
On 6/14/2019 at 8:40 PM, Stepney said:

A bit off topic, but you say it's a bit of a scarce carb. What exactly is it your looking for? I've broke up hundreds of saws over the years and had a thing about keeping various parts for other projects. 

It is aTILLOTSON  HE-18A . It is for a large Makita chainsaw which is really a Dolmar.Mine has been acting up and I just wanted to replace it. Not a very common replacement.

bc.gold
1 hour ago, formariz said:

It is aTILLOTSON  HE-18A . It is for a large Makita chainsaw which is really a Dolmar.Mine has been acting up and I just wanted to replace it. Not a very common replacement.

Have you fished the filter out of the fuel tank for inspection, it's attached to the end of a floppy fuel line which allows fuel to be picked up in any position the saw maybe working.

The internal fuel line on my old Huskvarna had a small split from aging, sucked air instead of fuel.

Edited by bcgold

formariz

I did that and replaced filter and line. She started by getting flooded too easily and being very hard to start. Now I can't start it at all. I cleaned carb, but still no start. Now it will not even get flooded. Spark plug is always dry. I figure just replace carb and see how it goes.

Stepney
44 minutes ago, formariz said:

I did that and replaced filter and line. She started by getting flooded too easily and being very hard to start. Now I can't start it at all. I cleaned carb, but still no start. Now it will not even get flooded. Spark plug is always dry. I figure just replace carb and see how it goes.

You check the pop off pressure or replace any parts yet? Likely a speck under the needle, or a weak spring. I think I took an HE19 off a Stihl at one point. Not sure how different it would be. 

formariz
On 6/16/2019 at 3:01 PM, Stepney said:

You check the pop off pressure or replace any parts yet? Likely a speck under the needle, or a weak spring. I think I took an HE19 off a Stihl at one point. Not sure how different it would be. 

So I got a new carburetor from another vendor this time with no drama and delivered in one day. Vendor address was listed in California, part arrives here shipped from NJ a few miles from me. Big difference and experience from last one. Perhaps I should start another thread about this, but I replaced carburetor, lines and spark plug and still cannot get it started. I have good spark, I have fuel delivered to spark plug, I have ignition switch on, and nothing.Any one have any ideas?

Stepney
15 minutes ago, formariz said:

So I got a new carburetor from another vendor this time with no drama and delivered in one day. Vendor address was listed in California, part arrives here shipped from NJ a few miles from me. Big difference and experience from last one. Perhaps I should start another thread about this, but I replaced carburetor, lines and spark plug and still cannot get it started. I have good spark, I have fuel delivered to spark plug, I have ignition switch on, and nothing.Any one have any ideas?

Silly as it may sound, try another plug. I've had many a plug spark outside, but not under compression. 

formariz
Just now, Stepney said:

Silly as it may sound, try another plug. I've had many a plug spark outside, but not under compression.

I hear you. Been through that. Tried three different plugs. Nothing.

Stepney

Hm .. that is bizzare.