DG1776

Newly acquired

ZXT

Nice looking tractor! Glad you got what you were looking for!

Do you know the last time the engine oil was changed and the hydro unit was serviced? Might not be a bad idea to do if it's been a while.

• Like 1

DG1776

Thank you very much.  Yes it was recently gone through by the person that I purchased it from.  I couldn't tell you everything that he did to it but he completely serviced it. 

• Like 2

Pullstart

I second the transmission service, if unknown.  I recently drained and refilled the trans along with a new Wix filter, the difference in the test drive last night was quite amazing!

• Like 3

The Tuul Crib

Good lookin machine. Looks like it was well taken care of!

Go Hawks!!

Edited by The Tool Crib

953 nut

:WRS:

:text-coolphotos:                Looks like a well maintained :wh: you have found.  Enjoy the ride.            :handgestures-thumbupright:

Pollack Pete

VERY nice C-145.Those 14 horse Kohlers are pretty impressive.Plus the added bonus of a hydraulic lift.Have fun with your new toy.

Ed Kennell

Congrats,  you got a really nice machine.  It should serve you well for many years.

Edited by Ed Kennell

peter lena

nice going on that horse, i agree with others above on service check, best time to drop the oil is after a hot working time , that really gets out the crud , rotella 30 wt  is the oil , pete

dells68

I’m here to tell you, you can’t beat a black hood!  I’ve mowed a few acres each week at my dad’s  the last three years with Coyote - named because it’s coyote ugly!  Great running, dependable, and great mower.  Mine might not be much to look at, but what a machine!!!

DG1776

Can someone tell me what type of wheel weights to start looking for?  I guess I'm asking which size I need more so than anything else.  I'm going to start looking over the summer.  I've seen that there are 12" weights and 8" weights so if someone could get me pointed in the right direction I'd appreciate it. 

Pullstart

The weights are sized appropriately to the wheels.  Often times 12” weights are more common for the rear than anything, but there are variations of split weights for inside the wheel installation.  sometimes they have a large hole in the middle too, to slip over the hub prior to installing the wheel on the hub, etc.

Along with weights, many people (read “me”) load the tires.  I prefer to tube the tires and fill the tubes with antifreeze. I seem to find used auto coolant for free quite often and have found it weighs about as much as the pricey stuff!  

There’s also front hanging weights as an option, depending on your desires of work types.

I was fortunate enough to find this Sears Suburban 12 on the side of the road for free not too one ago, with 2 sets of weights stacked on the outer rears.  The price was right and I didn’t have far to go, so yes I strapped it to the tailgate and away we went :D  They’ll eventually get cleaned and painted and put on something that is lacking traction.

A34EA2AE-674F-453B-8638-A4DA3909FF94.jpeg

086955F4-B8F0-4D7A-8CDD-445AC9F210A2.jpeg

95F9A2DA-252D-4176-9296-27BC27A9E37F.jpeg

34EF84C1-EA4F-464E-8A04-21FDAD0D539C.jpeg

8037219C-A16B-4569-91E6-4C90D10BF3B8.jpeg

• Like 1

ericj
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

The weights are sized appropriately to the wheels.  Often times 12” weights are more common for the rear than anything, but there are variations of split weights for inside the wheel installation.  sometimes they have a large hole in the middle too, to slip over the hub prior to installing the wheel on the hub, etc.

Along with weights, many people (read “me”) load the tires.  I prefer to tube the tires and fill the tubes with antifreeze. I seem to find used auto coolant for free quite often and have found it weighs about as much as the pricey stuff!  

There’s also front hanging weights as an option, depending on your desires of work types.

I was fortunate enough to find this Sears Suburban 12 on the side of the road for free not too one ago, with 2 sets of weights stacked on the outer rears.  The price was right and I didn’t have far to go, so yes I strapped it to the tailgate and away we went :D  They’ll eventually get cleaned and painted and put on something that is lacking traction.

new meaning to the word tow truck  I thought that those tires were marked not for highway use   :hide:  :ROTF:  

eric j

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ZXT
8 hours ago, pullstart said:

Dang, what a deal! I've become fond of the Sears Suburban tractors for some reason - I know someone who has a few, and I want them, but I've been trying to be responsible with my money LOL.

• Like 1

DG1776

Thank you very much for the info.  Nice deal on that tractor by the way.