Jordanhorse96

My 1054 that never let me be

Jordanhorse96

You can't imagine how many times I've had to take the carburetor on and off due to s*** in the float Bowl new fuel filters Jets getting clogged or the gasket on the bottom of carburetors don't seat right this tractor never ever does wht I want it to do omg it is haunted  I swear

20190611_183645.jpg

20190611_183657.jpg

• Like 4

19richie66

Fuel tank full of goo? Nice looking tractor. 

Sparky

Got an in-line fuel filter on it? I hear those fuel tanks are a pain to get to but maybe it’s worth it to give it a proper cleaning or replace it.  

Member  @19richie66  made a tank that fits in that “trunk” behind the seat. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jordanhorse96

Yes something I took  carb off now it is spot less and the gas tank is clean thanks this tractor  is really  nice just needs to stop leaking gas on the carb or fuel  pump always  something  on this one 

• Like 1

19richie66

Don’t give up. Wish I lived close.....we would figure it out. These have become my favorite wheelhorse tractors. 

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

953 nut
19 minutes ago, Jordanhorse96 said:

take the carburetor on and off due to s*** in the float Bowl

If you are using gas with ethanol STOP!  Use this site to find the good stuff.              https://www.pure-gas.org/

9 minutes ago, Sparky said:

those fuel tanks are a pain to get to

Not too bad, all you have to do is remove the transaxle and then hope the 1/4-20 screws to the tank straps will come out!

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:scratchead:  Can't tell...

do I see clamps on that fuel line? 

19richie66

Noticed it but didn’t think nothing about it.  Possible it could be seeping around the fuel lines under pressure when the float closes and the pump is still pumping.

Mike'sHorseBarn
12 hours ago, 953 nut said:

If you are using gas with ethanol STOP!  Use this site to find the good stuff.              https://www.pure-gas.org/

I want to touch on this subject a little bit. Recently my father in law got a 250 gallon tank of ethanol free gas to use in his tractors on the farm and so that means I get to take a $20 bill down and fill my 5 gallon can. It was $3.83 a gallon when he filled the tank. I started using that in all my machines now. Small briggs engines, garden tractors, push mowers etc. You would not BELIEVE the difference that has made in my machines, they even run better! No more sand in the carb, just turn the key and go! Ok I'll stop now lol

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Jordanhorse96

The felines I use are pretty tight fit you want to slide them onto the fitting of the carburetor or the fuel pump they get stuck on so they don't leak also carb was off.it was clean the bowl gasket keeps leaking  and I do not use ethanol gas I ant dumb tht stuff eats carb up belive me ik

adsm08
14 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Not too bad, all you have to do is remove the transaxle and then hope the 1/4-20 screws to the tank straps will come out!

If I was working on a car and "Remove transaxle" was anywhere in the instructions for getting the fuel tank out I would drive to Detroit, Tokyo, where ever, hunt down the guy that designed it, and shoot him myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

squonk
6 hours ago, adsm08 said:

If I was working on a car and "Remove transaxle" was anywhere in the instructions for getting the fuel tank out I would drive to Detroit, Tokyo, where ever, hunt down the guy that designed it, and shoot him myself.

Try getting a gas tank out of a 90's Ford Ranger PU :banana-wrench:

• Haha 1

adsm08
31 minutes ago, squonk said:

Try getting a gas tank out of a 90's Ford Ranger PU :banana-wrench:

My DD is an 87 Ranger. One of my clients has a 99.

Been there, done that, it isn't that bad. Certainly you don't have to remove the transmission, or rear axle. The tank is actually much harder to remove from my Bronco II.

Edited by adsm08