adsm08

Power train questions.

adsm08

So I am still having a lot of trouble navigating the manuals section, and can't seem to figure out this one bit on my 855.

It feels like a dumb questions but, what exactly connects my engine to my transmission?

I'm not having any issues, I just want to know.

I can't find any sort of obvious drive shaft or torque tube, I can only find three belts, PTO, HY pump, and starter/generator, and the engine sits way at the front, while the trans sits way at the back, with a battery in between them, so they aren't bolted directly together like on a car.

I'd like to know, especially if it is a belt, since none of the belts on this were in good shapes when I got it.

gwest_ca

Click on the picture. That will take you to some info on the 855 plus you can download the ipl (illustrated parts list).

The transmission drive belt is inside the large cover/guard on the right side.

Rights and lefts are always from the operator's position in the seat.

When you push the clutch in the belt lays on the bottom lip of the guard which leaves slack in the belt at the engine drive pulley so it can slip.

More questions? Ask away.

Garry

• Like 1

adsm08

Ok, so it's that big one with the hand-written 70 X 1/2 note, #205 in the call out.

Thanks.

I have that PDF downloaded and in my quick launch, but I hadn't figured out what that belt was for yet.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

You see how to pop that off?

The belt guard which is also your belt guide is removed by 3 nuts or bolts.

If you need any additional pictures or breakdowns let me know. Trina has three of that vintage tractor.

adsm08

Ok, I see it now. Ordered a new one, which won't be in for a week, but that one isn't slipping yet.