jammankel

suburban 400

dells68

:o Ouch!  From my perspective, that muffler gives an all new level to the term nut roaster!!

• Haha 7

Pullstart

Hey @jammankel:text-welcomewave: from not too far away!  I grew up on Big Pine Island in Grattan, drove to Greenville every day for work!  Nice Suburban, I kind of like the wide front tire on it!

jammankel
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

Hey @jammankel:text-welcomewave: from not too far away!  I grew up on Big Pine Island in Grattan, drove to Greenville every day for work!  Nice Suburban, I kind of like the wide front tire on it!

my buddies trying to find the other narrow narrow front. if he cant find it ill stick with fat ones. i'm pretty exited about this one. I bought a c160 in march and i got my grandpas c111 last year(that ones got a couple of rough spots and a god awful briggs)

i think ive got a good start to a collection. i just staarted full time at gtd (greenville tool and die) as a apprentice so i should have all tools ill need to do these projects in a few years.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

953 nut
3 hours ago, dells68 said:

:o Ouch!  From my perspective, that muffler gives an all new level to the term nut roaster!!

:WRS:

Please tell us the thing pointed at the seat is the air filter and the stove pipe is the exhaust.          :jaw:

suberban 400.jpg

• Haha 2

jammankel

thats the muffler but ive pulled the motor already its on a self waiting for its own project

• Heart 1

jammankel

could anyone get me dimensions for the belt guard and does someone have a throttle plate assembly i could purchase or copy

formariz
9 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Please tell us the thing pointed at the seat is the air filter and the stove pipe is the exhaust. 

If not that would make it the most efficient "ball burner" there is.

Edited by formariz
  • Haha 3

wh315-8

There is a belt guard and throttle plate available on xbay. Or check on marketplace in Indiana. 

• Like 1

mhlmeader

Goodluck, I'm working on refurbishing a 400 too.

ZXT

Good looking tractor! Whoever put that engine on there with the muffler the way it is either wasn't much of an engineer, or never ran it! If they did run it, they won't be having kids.

Post either in the classified section or the "big show" post, and I'm sure someone will post that they have every piece you need. Even if you can't attend the big show, I'm sure they'll ship to you.. More stuff for sale in that post than I've ever seen.

Pullstart
13 hours ago, jammankel said:

my buddies trying to find the other narrow narrow front. if he cant find it ill stick with fat ones. i'm pretty exited about this one. I bought a c160 in march and i got my grandpas c111 last year(that ones got a couple of rough spots and a god awful briggs)

i think ive got a good start to a collection. i just staarted full time at gtd (greenville tool and die) as a apprentice so i should have all tools ill need to do these projects in a few years.

Same place I used to drive to Greenville for every day!  I still know a couple guys in Engineering but we used to work on the floor together.... some 15 years ago!

Pullstart
13 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:WRS:

Please tell us the thing pointed at the seat is the air filter and the stove pipe is the exhaust.          :jaw:

suberban 400.jpg

Thanks for pointing that snorkel out, it’s a beast!  

jammankel

does anyone have tips on how to get the steering shaft apart

• Like 1

953 nut

If you have gotten the roll pin out then warm up the hub with a torch and when it is red hot use a puller. If the roll pin won't come out you can heat it and let it cool then drill it out.

wallfish
1 hour ago, jammankel said:

does anyone have tips on how to get the steering shaft apart

Remove the roll pin out of the gear on the bottom of the shaft, then remove the gear from the shaft. Much easier than the steering wheel. There's a lock collar on the shaft as well which keeps the shaft from pulling out through the hood stand. You'll need to remove that or cut it off and use a new replacement lock collar

• Like 1