Crmaverick

New Guy here with 753

oliver2-44

Nice Original looking tractor, and a nice score with the seat back rest, its a desirable option.  

Regarding the PTO, show us some pictures of the right side of the engine.  It should have one pulley to drive the tractor transmission, and can have a second (PTO) pulley to drive a mower deck.  You will be amazed at what that 7 HP will push with the weight you have on there.  Are the rear tires filled with fluid for weight?   

• Like 1

Crmaverick

Here's a couple other pics I have of the right side. I'm not sure if they are fluid filled but do have the wheel weights for them. Is there a fix for these 2 piece gas tanks or do they all leak alittle bit? 

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Achto
10 minutes ago, Crmaverick said:

Is there a fix for these 2 piece gas tanks or do they all leak alittle bit? 

:WRS:  Here is a link for a new tank gasket.

https://www.wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/gaskets.html#!/Wheel-Horse-Dual-Fuel-Tank-Gasket-4452/p/87722163/category=23725662

The two piece tank can be "fun" some times. Be careful removing the bolts on the bottom of the tank, they've been known to break off. 

• Like 2

Crmaverick
8 minutes ago, Achto said:

:WRS:  Here is a link for a new tank gasket.

https://www.wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/gaskets.html#!/Wheel-Horse-Dual-Fuel-Tank-Gasket-4452/p/87722163/category=23725662

The two piece tank can be "fun" some times. Be careful removing the bolts on the bottom of the tank, they've been known to break off. 

Nice thanks thats a good site for parts. Seems like these motors like straight 30 weight. Can 30 weight be used in the winter as well below freezing? 

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Welcome to Red Square.  :occasion-xmas:  Straight 30 wt oil can be used year round in Mass.  If you think it might be to cold, switch to 10W-30 for the winter...but use 30 wt in the summer.  I use 30 wt year round in northern Illinois...we are probably colder than you on average.  With those weights...you can't wait for snow!!!   It's going to be a long summer for you.  :text-lol:   I am a snow guy also...can't wait for it to snow again...I hate mowing grass.  :occasion-snowman:

• Like 3

WHX??

:WRS:

You did real good on the price,  weights in general  are pretty pricey these days, especially fronts.   

• Like 2

Pullstart

If you’re not bust next week/end, you should join us with your new 753 at the Big Show in PA!

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:!!

• Like 1

Crmaverick
27 minutes ago, pullstart said:

If you’re not bust next week/end, you should join us with your new 753 at the Big Show in PA!

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:!!

I would but I’ll be doing some work on her this weekend but maybe next time I will 

Pullstart
2 hours ago, Crmaverick said:

I would but I’ll be doing some work on her this weekend but maybe next time I will 

I can’t think of a better parts bin than the show.... and plenty of helping hands 😎

• Like 1

ZXT

That's a great tractor and a hell of a deal! 

If you're in need of any parts, attachments,  info or any instruction on how to do something, go to the show. I've never been and I'm too far away to go, but seeing what these guys can do for others over the internet... I can't imagine what they can do in person! Very good bunch to be around.

Edited by ZXT

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:           You made a great buy there. The PTO to drive a mower deck is operated by the small foot pedal on the right side.   :confusion-confused:     seems we don't have a manual listed for your 753, but this one for the 854 is pretty much the same. It should be helpful.

• Like 1

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to :rs: Great score on that :wh: 

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Crmaverick

How’s the 753 compare to the 854 for pushing? I know its a hp less wasn’t sure if it was maybe geared steaper? 

Digger 66
On 6/10/2019 at 2:55 PM, Achto said:

This ^^ 

• Like 1

Achto
3 hours ago, Crmaverick said:

How’s the 753 compare to the 854 for pushing? I know its a hp less wasn’t sure if it was maybe geared steaper? 

The gearing is pretty much the same in all the 3 speed trannys.  ( 1st gear 2.2mph, 2nd gear 3.4mph, 3rd gear 6.0mph). The 6/8 speeds had another set of gears below the normal 3 speeds ( 1st low .5mph, 2nd low .8mph, 3rd low 1.5mph).

As far as pushing power, I don't think that you would notice much difference from the seat. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Crmaverick

Does anyone have a seat they want to sell? Mines all cracked and falling apart where it bolts up.

Thanks