Achto

First Step

857 horse

Dan,,,,,,im glad you were able to face truth with reason,,,Few of us are able to see thru the crowded clouds of our own minds.....

However,,,i must ask,,,,,,I will be at the BIG SHOW in PA,,,,,,,,,Im not sure if you will be.....

Please ,,,,explain those rear fenders to me,,,,,,,you have produced rear fenders that should have been an option to the RED TEAM,,,,,:bow-blue:

and another thought..................you can always build     UP !!!!!!!:angry-cussingwhite::greetings-wavegreen::happy-jumpgreen:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Achto
2 hours ago, 857 horse said:

Please ,,,,explain those rear fenders to me

I assume that you are talking about these fenders?

DSCN2646-min.JPG.de814b38b3f6ab715d423a38492de40b.JPG

Here is the full post on that tractor.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 3

857 horse

YES,,YOUNG MAN.....THOSE FENDERS...LOLOLOOL

• Haha 2

953 nut
2 hours ago, Achto said:

I think it's finally time to admit that I have a problem. So here goes.

My name is Dan & I need a bigger garage.

Welcome DAN, my name is Dick and I have the same problem!

2111149360_1Horse-a-holic.jpg.8a7d82ce048945d7141e1eb8c6797fe8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

formariz

I guess one could then say I have a problem also. And it is not just related to Wheel horses, it goes much more beyond that.  My wife says it all the time, and my oldest son says it too, not that I am a hoarder but that although I am extremely well organized,I just have too much stuff. Is it true that I have too much stuff? I do have a lot of stuff but what is too much? It does not interfere with our daily lives, I do not spend money I don't have on it. I like to think of myself as someone who understands, appreciates and likes to be surrounded with objects that not only have meaning to myself, but are important, whether for their quality, craftsmanship, practical,sentimental or historical value. Particularly important to me are tools related to my craft, which I have exerted all my life along with my ancestors. It is my heritage my life and who I am. One of the greatest compliments ever given to me was one time when in a conversation someone said, that if they were to visit my house and property and not know who's it was, that they would definitely say "this could very well be Cas's house". My place is a reflection of who I and my wife are. Our loves, interests, and heritage is all around us. For me its tools, artifacts from mine and many other cultures, memorabilia from earlier in our lives. For my wife its hand blown cracked glass jars, bird houses, crafts etc. Everything is properly and tastefully displayed much of it being constantly rotated since there is not enough space for all at once. Many times visitors when arriving say jokingly ," the tour through  Cas's and Dina's house starts in 20 minutes".

Interestingly enough, a lot of it is not even intentionally acquired by me. My love for these things is known by all and people just constantly give me stuff. In particular are woodworking tools. I actually have here all of the tools from two of my friends that were used by their fathers.Their children have no interest in them and they said that here they would be safe and appreciated. Indeed they are and I know they will be for at least two more generations. I like to think of myself as the caretaker of all that is here. It is not about having stuff. It is what it means to ones life. Everyday when I am alone in my shop working, I am not alone.I am constantly surrounded by the spirit of all of those who's hands touched or built everything I have and use and have inspired and instructed me all of my life.

Edited by formariz
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 4

rjg854

I don't see your problem, looks as though everything has a place and everything is in its place.  :ychain:

Edited by rjg854
Sp
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, Achto said:

Now on to step 2, decide to add on or build a separate building.

I don't see how that could possibly be a decision. You just do both.

In regards to your current space:

Due to the fact that you have small spaces of air between every single item in your garage I believe that you still have space to put more stuff in there if it was organized a little more tight.

• Like 2

JCM

I too have listened to all the comment's for many years about how much stuff I own starting with Mom, your father never had all this etc. When I purchased the first WH in 1989 I never thought I would ever own another tractor,I did however have the Farmall Super A but I guess classified that in a different category.In 2002 I purchased the 520-H that became available through a friend, at that point, my wife at the time made the same comments that you have heard @achcto and I let it go in one ear and out the other. I have customers stop by my house and see all the tractors and have heard all kinds of various comments.I only own 7 tractors and I don't think that is to excessive. I really at this point in my life don't want to hear it any longer. Some of my customers have million dollar homes along with second lakefront and ocean homes with every toy you can image to go along with it, and I make nothing but good comments to them.I just don't understand why people have issues with the LITTLE TRACTORS,they must think they are very expensive and possibly useless? Patti's brother and wife are visiting from Alaska this weekend and yesterday I had to go into the shop to get something not knowing he was right behind me when I opened the door and when he spotted those WH tractors he said collector,I said no, they are all workers I just take very good care of them. Long story short I traded the ex wife in for someone who enjoy's them as I do.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
32 minutes ago, JCM said:

traded the ex wife in for someone who enjoy's them as I do

Well done Sir.

As you know I've trained Trina into multiple tractor ownership. :D

It has it's caveat though.

I've lost my mid mount grader to her 867.

I suppose it's ok .... She loves using it.

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

JCM

I'm sure we can all agree that storage of these tractors is an issue, and you are correct Eric @Achto wiil probably have to do both,I added on to the back off the garage which gave me about 12x20 which of course is full and the C-120 is in my garage in Mass, but will be  here for the M & G IN SEPT. So, maybe I do have a serious problem?

Edited by JCM
  • Like 2

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, JCM said:

maybe I do have a serious problem

Nope...

Except maybe you need more storage space.

• Haha 2

Achto
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I don't see how that could possibly be a decision. You just do both.

In regards to your current space:

Due to the fact that you have small spaces of air between every single item in your garage I believe that you still have space to put more stuff in there if it was organized a little more tight.

I did have it semi organized while I was building Radpferd over the winter. Every thing except for the 753 & the Swisher was in there & I had room to work.:confusion-confused: I guess it's time for a cleansing again.:lol:

21 minutes ago, JCM said:

you are correct Eric @Achto wiil probably have to do both

I figure a 10x 20 cold storage edition would fit 12 tractors. This would clean the garage out of tractors, get 3 more that are outside under a roof, and have room for one more tractor.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 5

The Tuul Crib

Well Dan my thought is this hobby could cost us more if we had the larger four wheel collection. So with that said all we need is alittle more room rather than a

many more square feet to fit our habits 

NO PROBLEM!!!

• Like 1

Achto
16 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

Well Dan my thought is this hobby could cost us more if we had the larger four wheel collection.

Luckily I am able to store my two Cockshutts at my mom's place yet. I'm sure there will come a day when I will need to find a different home for them though.

IMG_20170804_141708681-min.jpg.2804a4abf0e5abeb17593daae9bf6064.jpg052-min.JPG.12ae861129e192f4ead7d3dfd1629833.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 2

The Tuul Crib

Nice lookin collection you have. If no one saved these machines how would the next 

generation know anything about them !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

WHX??

Well I was just waiting here in the wings to chime in to see what the others had to say about your dilemma so here's my solutions. 

1) Quit hanging out with guys that find free 520's with batteries put in backwards and does triple scores for 100 dollar runners that don't he need one cause he already has that model. 

2) No more auctions for a cheap but cool piece that ain't really even a tractor or even a horse but gets passed off on the Missus as a mower.

3) Visit the guy that bought the nice ranch from under you  down the road with lots of room and out.buildings  with a bottle of whiskey and a .44 mag and ask him if he wants to reconsider his purchase. (Might be a last resort here).

4) Get a bro down the road who is a half a$$ed sliver wizard and get him to help build said addition/new barn.

5) Give all yer tractors away to bros (including the 'shutts) call it a day and take up needlepoint with a SIL who can teach you the finer stuff. Maybe have to dig out the metal slivers out of your eyes case you have to have an MRI for bad shoulders from grinding on and bench lifting K series  but still safer than explaining a new to me to the Missus..

Just sayin ......my :twocents-02cents:

• Haha 9

wallfish

I was wait'n for the wise @ss comments and you didn't disappoint  :ROTF:

• Haha 8

AMC RULES

Seems you're definitely in over your head Dan!  :teasing-poke:

Quit that whining...give up this tractor collecting nonsense. 

Find yourself another hobby that has a real 12 step program. 

IMG_6556.JPG.81a5acba49e4c1daf012cf14dc6419ba.JPG

• Haha 7

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

IMG_6556.JPG.81a5acba49e4c1daf012cf14dc6419ba.JPG

That's yummy stuff when frozen....

:occasion-snowman:

• Like 1

Shynon

I have to refrain from comments on this subject.:eusa-whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Shynon said:

Ever notice how the words:

No Comment

actually means:

I Just Made A Thousand Comments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: The challenge being...

keeping them all in your head. 

• Haha 4

Achto
20 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Well I was just waiting here in the wings to chime in to see what the others had to say about your dilemma so here's my solutions.

Thanks for the suggestions @WHX24, but I gotta say that you are kind of what they call an enabler. :D That's OK though so far you have not contributed to anything that a little construction won't cure.

11 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Find yourself another hobby that has a real 12 step program. 

I'm not ready to fess up to that yet.:ROTF:

10 hours ago, Shynon said:

May be I need a double secret shed like yours Tom.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8ntruck

These little tractors are not very tall.  Seems like they could be stacked 2 or 3 high with creative shelving...…….

• Like 2