Jmshocker

Anti scalp wheel for RM-367

Jmshocker

I need a couple anti scalp wheels for my rm-367 mower deck one finally fell off, it looks like the bearing or bushing inside it came apart, and the other side isn’t far behind it. It’s the wheels on the outside rear that look like small push mower wheels. Any idea on where to find a close match or bearings that fit inside them? TIA

Jmshocker

Is the toro 6749 the same?

daveoman1966

Parts tree has wheel # 6749 for $85 .....WOW...WOW...WOW.   

Take one to TSC or any mower parts dealer...they can probably match it with something...

MAYBE I have a pair to fit .. What is the DIAMETER of the wheel.  How WIDE is it on the tread.  What is the BORE size...the stud it fits on...is it 3/8" or is it 1/2" .  

Contact me via email....  I am:

daveoman@windstream.net

Edited by daveoman1966

71_Bronco

I think I just went through this issue with my deck. The wheels originally at 5.5" diameter and 1.5" wide if I recall correctly, with a .5" bore.

You can easily find 6" wheels, which WH later put as a replacement part if I recall correctly.

The issue you may have, which I ran into, is how close the rear wheels are to the deck wheels. I have oversized rear tires on my tractor, which would hit the deck wheels if I went over anything. I have since ordered some 5" wheels (not very common, but found some by the brand "Oregon"). Howfully the little extra clearance will help. If not, I'm going to have to modify the deck to have longer shafts where the wheels mount, to get the deck wheels outside the rear tractor tires.

I attached a picture of my 6" deck wheels to show how little clearance I have.

15593415450769065856623495868465.jpg.d4757cfd1ccb99844a5e85e4cc5f7921.jpg

Edited by 71_Bronco

gwest_ca

Some alternate 6749 sources for a wheel that should be compatible. Click on the picture

Garry

Jmshocker

i ordered some 6749 wheels but the offset is too wide to fit the studs coming out of the mower. I’m going to have to modify them heavily to make them work. They are 1 11/16” whereas I believe I need 1 1/2” or 1 3/8”

Jmshocker

I found one that fits perfect in every way. Same wheel just in a 6” size and painted white. Found it at the local hardware store for $6 ea. They are almost exact replacements minus the color. They don’t even hit the wheel when I lift the deck.

F72A08F0-1911-458E-B7C0-E99936C6B0D9.jpeg

71_Bronco

Good find. I got my 5" wheels in a couple days ago, I'll be installing them this weekend. Fingers crossed.