WHX??

Three Of a Kind... Lawn Rangers are wild!

Rp.wh

Very nice.:o

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sparky

Great score! That Ranger looks to be in nice shape 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

Nice score!  Those are the ones I was thinking I’d pick up in July!  :ROTF:

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Nice!

Can’t help but notice the little Black Hood wannabe...

Nice try little fella...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:

I see you have already changer our Screen name to 25.     Nice score.                   :text-bravo:

• Like 3

ACman

That was one sweet deal Jim :woohoo: ! I’m guessing a 854 and a 753 . That Lawn Ranger should clean up nicely.

WHX??

Lots more pics & comentary coming fellas 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:

I see you have already changer our Screen name to 25.     Nice score.                   :text-bravo:

'Spose I should take that down to 24 now Dan stole one! :ph34r: Mafia rules are you share the wealth! 

20190605_195107.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

Achto
14 minutes ago, WHX25 said:

we had the suspect  753 up, running and driveable within 30 mins.

Yes sir, a little field triage & the k161 purred like a kitten. Always good to be able to drive them on to the trailer.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Achto

Ok, time for the experts to chime in. Jim & I came to the conclusion that the one I purchased was not an 854, we suspect that it is a 753. Here are some pics for you guys to look over.

IMG_20190605_192340672-min.jpg.2a8e480ffa10da84e94cc801bf7613f0.jpg

IMG_20190605_203901706-min.jpg.0eae63d4b2d564dc7b58cf86a55f4a76.jpg

IMG_20190605_191427958-min.jpg.67593d98079e0c89c03b52ef2fab632a.jpg

• Like 1

WHX??

So getting back to the score,  it was real enjoyable .... You veterans  know that going out on blind FB or CL finds is  or can be like takin your life into your own hands. This one was, fotunatly, was quite the opposite. Guy was a collector for years and claimed to have 35- 40 horses  in his day. Real nice guy. Never heard of RS but said he heard of the BS so I filled him in on the joy. :rolleyes: 

I have full mind to tell you younger wipersnappers how to deal with decent  (older) folk like these and how they see your passion for these little red tractors . That's what got  me the LR on the deal. Mrs. Seller said she could see I had passion.and just wanted me to have it.

20190605_184815-1.jpg

Dan on his new to him 753??

Edited by WHX25
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 3

WHX??
4 hours ago, Sparky said:

Great score! That Ranger looks to be in nice shape 

Tell you what  Sparkeye  30 minutes  with the girl and bet she would be mowing....techy and  all.. I looked at it sitting ther and thought here's my Denny Clarke  pink LR .....maybe not this one too original?!?!

20190605_162211.jpg

Edited by WHX25
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

ZXT
20 minutes ago, WHX25 said:

So.... for you youngins heed and learn. This particular seller said after he posted the ad on FB I was the only one to have the decency to pick up the phone and CALL him instead of the oposable thumbs to try and text him. Lesson here is pull your thumbs out yer keester and actually TALK to the seller in repectful human speak to find out particulars. Just texting someone and " is it for sale yet" crap ain't gonna cut it... just sayin.....

20190605_184921.jpg

I'm young, but that's how I've always done business..  I can't stand trying to buy something via text message. It's impossible to ask everything you want to ask, and often times critical details about are left out. There have been numerous times when I've looked at an ad and read "no calls, text only", and I still call them. If they want my money, they'll answer. 

I've sold quite a few things over the internet and I don't think I've ever sold an item to someone who communicated solely through text message.. They all turn out to be flakes.

Another issue I have with texting is everyone asks "whats your bottom dollar" without ever seeing the item... Maybe I'm old school, talking money before you've inspected the item is ridiculous.

By the way, nice score. I'd love to find a round hood.. To be honest, I'm not sure there are any in this state.

Edited by ZXT
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

My flip phone don’t text too great... people ask me if I got their text and I remind them I use my phone to talk to people.  I’m glad that you were the winner of this flash sale Jim!  Your WHX22 handle was getting a little boring!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

dclarke

Outstanding score Jim!...  I'll be on the lookout for another Ranger as soon as I finish this one for the boys. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

I would be more than tempted to flip this one if it weren't a '67 Denny. An LR is at the lower end of my bucket list but they are still cool little tractors.

How can I tell if this is indeed a '67? This seller wasn't real keen on accurate model numbers as we have found out.

I'll get some more pics up after I run back home and retrieve my phone that I forgot today!

10 hours ago, Achto said:

k161 purred like a kitten.

Down side is she likes to pop out of 3rd but I guess we know the fix for that.

• Like 2

WHX??

20190605_162204[1].jpg

20190605_162222[1].jpg

• Like 1

Achto
2 hours ago, WHX25 said:

Down side is she likes to pop out of 3rd but I guess we know the fix for that.

YEP!! BUNGEE CORD!! :ROTF: A bungee should aut hold the shift lever in place for now. Sooner or later it will under go major mechanical & cosmetic surgery to make it as good as new again.:handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Achto

Of course after Jim & I got the tractor running, it wouldn't have been right to leave before he had a chance to take a cruise on it. 

IMG_20190605_185141928.jpg.3248beca70577e0c3c2f8d5725d9f877.jpg

Gotta remember Jim, there's no windshield on this. Keep your mouth closed at high speeds so you don't swallow any bugs.:ychain::D

IMG_20190605_185219118.jpg.882000c8c560f0ce3fd012e256539bf6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

dclarke
4 hours ago, WHX25 said:

How can I tell if this is indeed a '67? This seller wasn't real keen on accurate model numbers as we have found out.

I’m not real familiar with the differences in the Rangers, Jim but  yours looks like ‘67 hood decals and I think the ‘67 has a 2 spoke steering wheel. I believe the ‘68 Ranger used a 3 spoke steering wheel and longer decals on the side of the hood. 

Edited by dclarke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dells68
2 hours ago, dclarke said:

I’m not real familiar with the differences in the Rangers, Jim but  yours looks like ‘67 hood decals and I think the ‘67 has a 2 spoke steering wheel. I believe the ‘68 Ranger used a 3 spoke steering wheel and longer decals on the side of the hood. 

Yup, I’ve got a 68 and it has the words lawn ranger down the hood sides and the 3 spoke wheel.  I’m betting that is a 67.

• Thanks 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:      Looks like a L-157 to me.   The factory made one error when they were built, they put in a Lauson six HP, but someone fixed that for you I see.     :ychain: