Pullstart

I’m not that old, but sometimes my memory...

ebinmaine

Right there with your brother man Kevin.

I have actually done that very same exact thing. I'd be happy to give you an example but well, I don't remember it.

Lucky for me I have a BBT in my life whose memory is literally the best I've ever seen. Ever. We are very much a sharp contrast in that area.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

oliver2-44

I seem to have a very good long term memory....it's thinks an hour ago or last night that seems to be slipping

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

clueless

I can't remember if I've ever done that before :scratchead:.

• Haha 7

clueless

My problem is when I thought I bought one but can't find it, so I buy another one. Then when I'm over at my brother or my BIL's house, there it is :angry-tappingfoot:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, clueless said:

My problem is when I thought I bought one but can't find it, so I buy another one. Then when I'm over at my brother or my BIL's house, there it is :angry-tappingfoot:

Boy it sure is too bad for me that I have no family local to me.

• Like 1

WHX??

If you :occasion-clown:s would put crap away like I never do you would know what you don't have in your tool boxes!

I've seen Pullstart's garage and it looks like a bomb went off in it. :ychain:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

peter lena

when i can,t find something , i just go buy another , then i find it when i get home, club member, pete

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Marv
2 hours ago, SALTYWRIGHT said:

WAIT UNTILL YOU ARE MY AGE (90) MY TOOLS HAVE LEGS. I PUT THEM DOWN AND THEY RUN AWAY    RUSS

Not far behind you. 

I have the same kind of tools.

Marv

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

JAinVA

Hammers,screwdrivers and the like get misplaced.That happens at any age of the owner.I spent a whole day looking for a torpedo heater.In the shop,no luck.In the barn,no luck.I look in every out building and I can't find something that big.I gave up and found out later that my son showed up one day and took it and never said a word.He knows he has access to anything I have but leave a note.He comes by periodically to take inventory,his words not mine.Got to love em!

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

ericj

i'm forever putting tools or stuff away and never finding it again when I need it. When I was doing HVAC service work, If i lost a tool and couldn't find it I'd go buy another and it surly would turn up somewhere. I've been told I hide my own Easter eggs   :ROTF:

ERIC J

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

bc.gold

I'll just leave this, here.

• Haha 1

ZXT

Y'all think its bad forgetting that you have tools - try not having a place to work or store tools inside! I'll be walking around and legitimately take mental notes of what wrenches are lying where in my driveway.. 

• Sad 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

I think it happens to all of us. I’ve got tools scattered in so many different locations I gave up trying to remember where they all are. I’ve got a box stocked to the point of needing a bigger box at work, my shop is well stocked, and I’ve got all the tools in storage to fully rig up my one ton again when I get it running. Ended up with most of them by buying duplicates after forgetting what I done with the first or even seconds ones I’ve bought

• Haha 2

Tractorhead
On 6/3/2019 at 9:30 PM, SALTYWRIGHT said:

WAIT UNTILL YOU ARE MY AGE (90) MY TOOLS HAVE LEGS. I PUT THEM DOWN AND THEY RUN AWAY    RUSS

It wasn‘t a thing of Age, i got several time Same tools here.

The mean one is, that they flee if you don‘t look at them...

+1 added, and i‘m few years younger...😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BOB ELLISON

Thank you GOD.

I thought I was the only one that lost tools. I buy new tools and hide them so my son won't take them.

But I can't figure out where I hid em. So I'm not the only idiot, you all are idiots to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Herder

I have a garage a shop and a tool room with workspace!  For the most part they are well organized, you would think I could find the tools I am looking for. (?)  Sometimes it's like an adventure that leads to new findings. O I forgot that I had one of those and look there's two of them!  I find that pegboard and shelving at eyelevel works best.  Your not alone.  

• Excellent 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Herder said:

pegboard and shelving at eyelevel works

Agreed. Note the walls of my basement Workshop...

• Like 1

bottjernat1

i have the set on the left. glad u posted this i have a set from my late dad and didnt know what they where! Thanks I have all sorts of tools i have no clue what they are. New and old!

• Like 1

Herder
1 minute ago, bottjernat1 said:

i have the set on the left. glad u posted this i have a set from my late dad and didnt know what they where! Thanks I have all sorts of tools i have no clue what they are. New and old!

I didn't include that in my post earlier.  I am 3rd generation living in my home.  lots of tools that I have know idea what they are.:huh: 

• Like 2

Pullstart

Well @bottjernat1 and @Herder it seems the Whatizits post or another post here in the tools forum would be a great place to figure out what you have :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, bottjernat1 said:

Thanks I have all sorts of tools i have no clue what they are.

1 hour ago, Herder said:

lots of tools that I have know idea what they are.

One of you needs to start a "What the heck is this " thread.    Someone will tell you what it is, even if they are wrong.     :ychain:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2